Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Doja Cat - 'Vie'

Featured Replies

7 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

dropping 34% when you barely debuted with 10M isn't terrible? :dies:

 

anyway the album still bops who cares. and yay at Stranger appreciation in this page. that song is a whole banger.

Could be 50%+ At least 75% of the people listening are still listening 🙂‍↕️

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Views 106.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

You're a trip to them and a vacation to me, and God knows you could be stranger than me!

 

gretchen-gretchen-a-fazenda.gif gretchen-gretchen-a-fazenda.gif gretchen-gretchen-a-fazenda.gif

 

Low key her best song EVER. Eargasmic!

 

 

it's very similar to Sabrina's album in the sense that as a whole it's an amazing body of work but I can see why people hate them: both are "too slow" and lack obvious hits. still I think Gorgeous, Silly! Fun! and Take Me Dancing have a chance but if Jealous Type didn't take off (the most obvious smasha) I don't think anything else will

 

Happy is my personal favorite but I love too many songs on this to name them all. I will say Couples Therapy (this was terribly boring) and Come Back were the only ones I'm still not into

Edited by Burqa

acts of service and gorgeous slowly picking up on tiktok, support these vids!

 

 

 

I have a feeling that Doja's Fortine skin might be Halloween themed... So maybe Scarlet strikes one more time?:bird:

I wanted to dislike this album because it's the few 1-3 disco-pop songs that were/became highlights on hot pink/planet her so i was hesitant to her a full album of these, back to back

but she 100% sells it (not magnus opum worthy) but it's executed so well in a way that only doja cat can deliver. and for that, 10s only. 

 

the reception is mixed unfortunately, but i do think

a) this isn't the album she needed to make at this very point in her career (won't expand now.)

b) the 'gp' (the pop audience?) are fatigued with the disco sound. we JUST had Espresso, Flowers the year prior and Levitating was on heavy repeat for those 2 years, it's enough

 

Doja herself has literally already rapped on two disco-tinged pop songs this year before jealous type.

like there is definitely some saturation that is bias-ing the reviews here. it's a shame but she'll bounce back she just needs to work on developing a ******* fanbase 

have we discussed how Kanye coded Gorgeous is or nah? she's so ******* talented :deadbanana4:

 

I just keep finding more and more as I keep listening. 

3 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

Hurry up October! We need that promo!

 

I hope she performs at SNL Gorgoeous & Aaahhh Men! :duca: 

 

I realize this may be because they changed the album release date to be earlier once life of a showgirl was announced, but a lot of this promo feels like it should have happened before or during release week, not a week after :gaycat6:

Edited by raraoohlala

later i'm going to rank the songs based on their potential to be a hit

posting this here so i don't forget

spacer.png

Apart from Jealous and Take Me Dancing, are there any obvious hits?

tbh i wouldn't even care for the numbers if we didn't have terrible/mid albums or songs smashing on charts

like this isn't fair at all :weeps:

3 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Not a terrible drop for what it's worth!

What would be terrible for you ? 🤣

3 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

What would be terrible for you ? 🤣

I'm currently celebrating Zara debuting with 3m streams so make of that what you will 

i liked this album more than I thought I would :clap3:

 

Basically anything that isn't 80's disco pop I like

56 minutes ago, BadHabits said:

Apart from Jealous and Take Me Dancing, are there any obvious hits?

Acts of service, Aaah men!, Stranger and Gorgeous tbh

1 hour ago, raraoohlala said:

I realize this may be because they changed the album release date to be earlier once life of a showgirl was announced, but a lot of this promo feels like it should have happened before or during release week, not a week after :gaycat6:

girl we gotta be glad there is promo at ALL lmao

1 hour ago, BadHabits said:

Apart from Jealous and Take Me Dancing, are there any obvious hits?

Aaah Men , Gorgeous, and Acts Of Service. 

This reminds me of The Weeknds last one, it all sounds the same. 

Gorgeous deserves to go #1. What a SMASH.

 

Come Back is a religious experience every time. :gayriahcat2:

Happy is incredible. Jealous Type is a banger.

One thing I don't want to see is people saying this has no hooks or melodies. Like buy you an opinion gurl. 

Acts of Service having the best hold on Spotify in its second day is just RIGHT.


Anyway, the era is going to get a major boost from SNL + Tiny Desk, mark my words. There are potential viral hits in the album that could explode at any point. Acts of Service, Lipstain, Cards and Silly Fun are my bets. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.