Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Doja Cat - 'Vie'

Featured Replies

  • ATRL Moderator

After three full listens to this album, this might be her best work. It feels premature saying this but I'll see in a month. Regardless, I think this will at least be in my top 2 albums from her. :clap3:

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Views 106.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

All the songs pretty much sound the same, I wish she'd experiment more

The album is good. The individual songs are not as strong as some of her past singles but I think it might be her most enjoyable from start to finish to me. 

 

I think Jealous Type (which is by far the best song) and all the visuals have sold it wrong. The album is not uptempo 80's pop at all. It's very laid back, lush and midtempo. There's no other song on there like JT. The new cover is also completely out of place. I'm also not on board with Gorgeous being the second (and probably last) single. The hook is cute but the rest of the song is terrible, too long and very been-there-done-that for her.

 

I also think the tracklist is an act of disservice to her. Cards is not a strong opener, AAHH MEN might be her worst song ever (the money wasted on the sample...) and Couples is a bit weak. Meanwhile, some of the strongest songs are buried towards the end. Make It Up sounds like the r&b smash to follow Agora and Happy and OMT were definitely needed higher in the tracklist to switch up the tempo and keep it from sounding samey. My tracklist: 

 

Spoiler

1. Jealous Type

2. Take Me Dancing

3. Happy

4. Make It Up

5. Cards

6. Couples Therapy

7. Stranger

8. All Mine

9. Lipstain

10. One More Time

11. Acts of Service - no idea why y'all are hyping this up, I find it kind of boring

12. Gorgeous

 

The next single is planned to be take me dancing because of the visuals of her dressed as bride in the middle of the desert and the official Web casette tape that marked jelaous type and gorgeous but no take me dancing.:bird:

Atp she might want to unleash those extra songs and hope there's a worthy single out of that selection. 

Not sure if Stranger is a 10/10 album track or something that is single worthy (I can never tell)

Edited by makeme

The problem with the album for me is there are lots of midtempo songs. Doja is best when she releases bops.

 

I like JT, Cards, Gorgerous, Take Me Dancing and Lipstain so far.

On first listen… I barely connected with any song. This might be her worst album for me. :dancehall3:

5 hours ago, TryMe said:

She is NOT getting shelved, this era has been funded by a lot of endorsements. None of the girls were backed as much as Doja by big brands this year. 

 

If anything she won't get as much creative control next era. 

 

Like if she has a change of heart she should release Who Are you, it had a cute moment on TikTok.  

 

yeah she will be fine. she's truly talented and versatile af ,if it comes to it then she will just have to do all the crash grab lmao

Not too many songs stood out for me upon first listen. I liked AHH MEN and the singles and her bars are pretty clever, but nothing I can really connect to. I usually enjoy music I can connect to in some way but Doja's lyrics are not very relatable a lot of the time. A lot of the melodies and production behind the songs kind of blend in together for me too. I only gave it one listen though. I probably need a few more spins.

13 hours ago, dabunique said:

 

Oh ok. Doja. I didn't know she was the first female rapper to do this. Deserved:clap3:

Those numbers :biblio:

 

anyways the song of the day is Acts of Services spacer.png

I know this album is a colossal flop. But Stranger is a career highlight. 

Hurry up October! We need that promo!

 

I hope she performs at SNL Gorgoeous & Aaahhh Men! :duca: 

 

53 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

 

acts of service controlling it a biT

:gaycat4:

Still obsessed with Jealous Type and now adding Stranger, Take Me Dancing, Make It Up, & One More Time into heavy rotation. Stranger is just soooooo good.

disappointed by the numbers, I've always been a casual doja fan - i usually enjoy about half of her albums but this is finally one i like most of the songs. it was definitely a bold move relying only on JT to push the album, the era really should've started earlier in summer with another single before album release

11 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Not a terrible drop for what it's worth!

dropping 34% when you barely debuted with 10M isn't terrible? :dies:

 

anyway the album still bops who cares. and yay at Stranger appreciation in this page. that song is a whole banger.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.