Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Doja Cat - 'Vie'

Featured Replies

the numbers could be better but otherwise not totally surprising

 

one thing I do gotta note, why does she not ever make posts saying "hey my album/song is out!" on her socials its usually a vague instagram post or story lmao

 

anyways the numbers wont change my opinion on this record which is I love it

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Views 106.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

22 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Tbh that's a thing though, maybe cohesive isn't the right word but every song sounds identical for the most part and it causes me to not want to go back to any :deadbanana4:

Anyways, sucks that this is flopping but it kinda is what it is. There's no hits, hooks, melodies, earworms, nothing. Jealous Type is the only choice for a single and I'm not sure anything else will break through. People listen to Doja for those catchy songs and quirky beats, but there's none of that on this album at all outside of maybe 3 songs. 

Wishing this era the best, but the reception is not shocking to me.

respectfully i have to disagree 

yes some songs are sonically similar but people are not being honest when they say stuff like "every song sounds the same1!1!1!1!"

 

i kinda agree with the bolded part tho

15 minutes ago, Lightbringer007 said:

the numbers could be better but otherwise not totally surprising

 

one thing I do gotta note, why does she not ever make posts saying "hey my album/song is out!" on her socials its usually a vague instagram post or story lmao

 

anyways the numbers wont change my opinion on this record which is I love it

She thinks she's too cool for that. And it's not even shade. I've been a fan since Amala too but it's obvious she doesn't really like traditional promo or even ~obvious~ social media posts letting fans/followers know she has new music out.

Hey yall I was comment banned :chick3:

 

My signed copy was delivered this morning! It was such a treat unpacking it. 

My favorite tracks: AAAHH MEN!, Gorgeous, Stranger, Silly! Fun!, and Acts of service.

 

Ranking her albums: For sure need more time on this. Scarlet is my favorite Doja album but it took a few months for that opinion to become true for me. I need to see how Vie ages for me a bit.
Current Ranking (excluding Vie)
Scarlet > Hot Pink > Planet Her > Amala 

 

Great album I am very satisfied
 

Edited by makeme

She's actually horrible at using social media to promote her work

 

She needs to learn from cardi b

43 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

respectfully i have to disagree 

yes some songs are sonically similar but people are not being honest when they say stuff like "every song sounds the same1!1!1!1!"

 

i kinda agree with the bolded part tho

Maybe I didn't articulate myself properly, but the bolded is why they all sound "the same" to me. Like, Cards definitely doesn't sound like Gorgeous or Stranger, but there's no strong hooks or things that stand out to give each song its own personality or identity so they all start falling in the category of "I forget what this sounds like" so it all blurs together. 

 

I'm a huge Doja fan so I'm still rooting for her this era, I just don't think she delivered a sound I'm looking for with her, but I appreciate her trying something new.

Doja's flow on Gorgeous is so Kanye West inspired wow.

 

It's literally a female version of All Falls Down.

 

On 2nd verse she's literally imitating Kanye.

 

I think that's the thing with Doja, she lacks a distinct rap style. She bites from Kendrick, Tyler, Nicki, Kanye, Childish Gambino, Chance The Rapper who all bite from Kanye LOL!

 

and Jack Antonoff has the nerve to shade Kanye?

Edited by slowednreverb

Man I promise she's so self conscious

She got surgery because of scrutiny

Titties used to sag least she got some a$$

Now tell me that ain't insecurrrrrrrrrr

I'm really surprised at the sudden amount of Scarlet fans I'm seeing after the release of Vie. 
 

Has it taken Doja shifting back to a more Pop-oriented sound for people to appreciate Scarlet or have people just… not been openly discussing how much they enjoyed it? :deadbanana:

Did Doja Cat contract copycatinnitus from hanging with Doechii? LMAO!

 

Doja is so live laugh love with competition while opportunist copy cat Doechii stole her spot. Damn.

 

I don't remember such obvious biting from Doja. At least she credited Nicki on Get Into It.

Edited by slowednreverb

Too cohesive is a really dumb critique. My only beef with the album is that it ends on a whimper. I needed one more hard hitting track at the end. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy. said:

I'm really surprised at the sudden amount of Scarlet fans I'm seeing after the release of Vie. 
 

Has it taken Doja shifting back to a more Pop-oriented sound for people to appreciate Scarlet or have people just… not been openly discussing how much they enjoyed it? :deadbanana:

like where were you guys two years ago

:suburban:

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

im offended. this album is amazing.

 

 

That's fake sis, "Talk of the Chats" is a troll account :sabrina:

  • ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, wish said:

That's fake sis, "Talk of the Chats" is a troll account :sabrina:

i- 

ignore me while i put on my glasses. 

I feel like this album is the one instance where the album cover actually took away from the listening experience.

 

This is the worst visual-sonic aesthetic discrepancy I've seen.

 

If only she used that Eiffel Tower cover as the main. That one fits the soundscape to a T!

 

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, Jimmy. said:

I'm really surprised at the sudden amount of Scarlet fans I'm seeing after the release of Vie. 
 

Has it taken Doja shifting back to a more Pop-oriented sound for people to appreciate Scarlet or have people just… not been openly discussing how much they enjoyed it? :deadbanana:

they always do this

 

they talked **** about planet her saying hot pink was her best, then scarlet when planet her was her best, now vie when they all say scarlet was her best

 

its an annoying cycle lmao

What wrecks me about this whole it's too cohesive is dat on prior album da critique was always this album is everywhere … where is da cohesiveness 

 

and don't come for @Relampago. dats my fren and he's not bein evil 😹 

4 minutes ago, slowednreverb said:

I feel like this album is the one instance where the album cover actually took away from the listening experience.

 

This is the worst visual-sonic aesthetic discrepancy I've seen.

 

If only she used that Eiffel Tower cover as the main. That one fits the soundscape to a T!

 

spacer.png

it wouldnt have made a difference

 

people wouldve still complained that the album was "too one note" 

Anyhoo 

 

Gorgeous is a rap song with two rap verses. 
 

it's some of her best verses ever too 

1 minute ago, Supervillain said:

Make It Up is so underrated. This is the Doja I love :jonny2: 

A phuckin bop. Da chokehold it has on me 

26 minutes ago, Jimmy. said:

I'm really surprised at the sudden amount of Scarlet fans I'm seeing after the release of Vie. 
 

Has it taken Doja shifting back to a more Pop-oriented sound for people to appreciate Scarlet or have people just… not been openly discussing how much they enjoyed it? :deadbanana:

Scarlet was a long era, people got into at at different times

 

It really clicked for me after her coachella performance of it :gaycatina1: the demons performance for example with the hairy beasts, love the imagery she brought very unique

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.