Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Doja Cat - 'Vie'

Featured Replies

Pleaseeeee let Acts of Service go viral 

 

Tik tok needs to save this album :chick3:

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Views 106.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

57 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

Acts of Service having the best hold on Spotify in its second day is just RIGHT.


Anyway, the era is going to get a major boost from SNL + Tiny Desk, mark my words. There are potential viral hits in the album that could explode at any point. Acts of Service, Lipstain, Cards and Silly Fun are my bets. 

PERIOD!!! 

Gorgeous is the best song on the album they did right in making it the single but in the age of TikTok who knows what, if anything, will take off.

she has no business flopping with this

 

43484_original.gif

 

 

I still think it's her best album by farrrrr the replay value is crazy  :giraffe: my top  5 after countless of listens :bird: 

 

1. Gorgeous 

2. Take me Dancing

3. Ahh Men!

4. Cards 

5. Lipstain 

Yeah I hate to see her pulling these numbers with her best album yet. I think Acts of Service has a chance to save the era a bit but we'll see :bird:

 

Stranger and Silly Fun still fighting for my fav song atm.

Edited by Kid A

listen to this over the weekend.

I like it but there`s some problem like the 80s beat is such a bop when i`m in that type of vibe, but then when not in the mood for the 80s then it sounded date as hell, does it make sense? And im not a big fan when she sings in her high register for the entire verse.

 

The album is still full of bops and personality, i just expect more from her. Will listen to this more and hopefully it will grow more.

  

  • ATRL Moderator

There’s some nice moments (Gorgeous, Happy, Acts of Service) but some songs could’ve really used Doja just rapping or just singing. Obviously she’s talented in both regards but the styles are quite jarring and she overuses the pop chorus / rap verses so much 

I don't see too much love for Come Back and I need it to be appreciated more :WAP:

 

Im obsessed with her flow on that one. 

59 minutes ago, Jimmy. said:

I don't see too much love for Come Back and I need it to be appreciated more :WAP:

 

Im obsessed with her flow on that one. 

This has been probably the only thing I have on straight repeat from this album! :katie2:

Performances on Fallon and SNL will definitely breathe life into the album depending on how the performances go. If she actually does a Tiny Desk concert as well then idc if the album flopped because she did everything I wanted her to do promo wise and the music is incredible so that's all I can ask for :clap3:

11 hours ago, hallucinate said:

later i'm going to rank the songs based on their potential to be a hit

posting this here so i don't forget

spacer.png

hit factor 

Acts of Service - familiar sound + Agora Hills 2.0

AAHHH MEN! - most demanding + unique. Can see this doing numbers for halloween season too.

Silly! Fun! - sounds like it should be in a Pepsi commercial and also playing in malls around the world. big hit appeal 

Stranger - just a solid song and safe bet for pop radio 

Take Me Dancing - catchy, sza feature, but lyrics are almost indistinguishable at times lol 

Make It Up - CLASSIC Doja track, I can see TikTok latching onto this when least expected

One More Time - the real lead single in a perfect world, idk if it would smash without an initial push but who knows it sounds like a hit  

Couples Therapy is kind of hidden gem OMG

 

Ten mg's and I do my dance
Cussing you out, you the one I resent
Cussing you out, I delete and re-send

Edited by TryMe

12 hours ago, chaneloberlin said:

I wanted to dislike this album because it's the few 1-3 disco-pop songs that were/became highlights on hot pink/planet her so i was hesitant to her a full album of these, back to back

but she 100% sells it (not magnus opum worthy) but it's executed so well in a way that only doja cat can deliver. and for that, 10s only. 

 

the reception is mixed unfortunately, but i do think

a) this isn't the album she needed to make at this very point in her career (won't expand now.)

b) the 'gp' (the pop audience?) are fatigued with the disco sound. we JUST had Espresso, Flowers the year prior and Levitating was on heavy repeat for those 2 years, it's enough

 

Doja herself has literally already rapped on two disco-tinged pop songs this year before jealous type.

like there is definitely some saturation that is bias-ing the reviews here. it's a shame but she'll bounce back she just needs to work on developing a ******* fanbase 

Very fair analogy to be fair, and I do agree with a lot of the points here, it's nice when someone can be critical without ignorant lashing which is so uncommon on ATRL.

 

Still truly think a lot of whats in here are career highlights and she's shown so much artistic growth, perhaps the chains of following up with commercial success being removed will be a huge positive going forward, it still feels like theres a slight notion of RCA pandering for a hit, or seeing what sticks which at the maturity stage of her career is a huge misstep 

Happy just skyrocketed as my favorite doja track 

 

Brise mon coeur encore ce soir 

Oh FROMAJA 

 

:WAP:

 

All Mine hitting so hard right now with an Aperol Spritz in my hand :ducky:

the way aos is my least fav my far but everyone seems to be stanning :deadbanana4: i hate the trappy kinda sound

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

hit factor 

Acts of Service - familiar sound + Agora Hills 2.0

AAHHH MEN! - most demanding + unique. Can see this doing numbers for halloween season too.

Silly! Fun! - sounds like it should be in a Pepsi commercial and also playing in malls around the world. big hit appeal 

Stranger - just a solid song and safe bet for pop radio 

Take Me Dancing - catchy, sza feature, but lyrics are almost indistinguishable at times lol 

Make It Up - CLASSIC Doja track, I can see TikTok latching onto this when least expected

One More Time - the real lead single in a perfect world, idk if it would smash without an initial push but who knows it sounds like a hit  

the lipstain erasure…

spacer.png

no but the way she has two songs going viral on tiktok… from wrong albums

:suburban:

I read some users here post about how they like couples therapy and i think they were onto something. It just clicked to me with the second listen fortunately i did not have to go many listens to get into it yuh. 

Make it up was the only song i liked from the first listen and normally, a handful of songs I end up liking from first listen when it comes to Doja Cat albums, even the not-so-ATRL liked album Scarlet i did like a couple of songs from first listen but for this it was different and imma be listening to this album for some time.

1 hour ago, flower moon said:

the way aos is my least fav my far but everyone seems to be stanning :deadbanana4: i hate the trappy kinda sound

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't understand the appeal :michael:

I knew that wedding dress scene was for "Stranger" I said that earlier…my mind!

 

:ahh: 

Edited by professor2000

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.