Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Doja Cat - 'Vie'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Views 106.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

This era is an eat, from the album to videos and visuals :WAP:

 

hallucinate

I'm trying to like this album but after my first listen last night this project felt very one note. It didn't feel unique, experimental or even quality 80s music.

 

This album definitely could've benefited from different collaborators, producers and more features overall. 

 

One More Time is the most enjoyable so far.

Not sure if it's been brought up, but this album is for my fellow vaporwave/future funk girlies :gaygacat5:


She should have ditched Antonoff and had Daniel Lopatin produce. 

  • Popular Post

I'm sorry to those that don't get it...this is a phenomenal album. Her talent and melodic ear is on full display. She's truly one of a kind.

To be honest.. no Doja album is a knock out of the park in the first listen. Or even the first few listens. Being a fan since MOO! came out and all my friends laughed in my face, every single album has grown on me over the weeks.

 

I disagree with most of the criticism in here, though. I saw someone say it's soulless, when actually her usual personality/flows/ticks, etc. are planted everywhere. Someone said no melodies, meanwhile she's layering like a motherfucker in every single song. No hooks is crazy too when they're right there.

 

This album is very Amala-coded. Very R&B, a lot of vocal moments, harsh raps. I think the 80s motif hyped a lot of Hot Pink/Planet Her fans when really it's just an aesthetic to her OG vibes.

It's the way I feel in my gut she's gonna win somehow, hang mofucking tight :jonnycat:

 


Take Me Dancing hit #1 on my charts today :jamming:

I see, I saw, I peeped
I'm not afraid of a leap, a jump
Got faith, I saw a vision of we and us (Yeah)
You make some really good company (Yeah, ah)
I want to take it to the next level (Ah)

only been listening to vie and am I the drama and whew 2 of the best albums of the year back to back!

People calling this album a chop wtf??? It's so good!! :johnald:

i just dont get how anyone can say this album is soulless when lyrically she's much more endearing and vulnerable on vie than she ever was on scarlet, planet her or any previous work. she sounds like she's having so much fun on this album. im kinda sad with the really mixed reception she's getting but i think its fallout from the scarlet antics and people not ready to fully invest in a pop project from her after she spoke down on her previous pop work. she's the artist of my life and i know this is just a setback. i hope she knows she's loved and to never give up she's a one of one talent and nobody can replace her. :heart2:

I hope she doesnt abandon this album/era

 

its better to just keep the train moving and give us more amazing live performances! 

i've been trying to get into this, but these songs are just so nothing-y...... like cotton candy, sweet for a second then dissolves completely

5 hours ago, Lightbringer007 said:

acts of service on nonstop repeat omfg

The way this song grew on me and has had me on a chokehold all day. :gaycat7: It's giving me Agora Hills/Streets/Been Like This vibes. :gaycat7:

2 hours ago, dabunique said:

I see, I saw, I peeped
I'm not afraid of a leap, a jump
Got faith, I saw a vision of we and us (Yeah)
You make some really good company (Yeah, ah)
I want to take it to the next level (Ah)

The melody here. :WAP:

Maybe someone has done it before I'm not aware of but i never expected someone that i listen to sample the Knight Rider theme song and i like the song it's fun :jonnycat:

4 hours ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

when the language's act of surviiiiiiiiiiice

 

spacer.png

On a blunt to this right now 

17 hours ago, simplywohoo said:

Why does Come back sound like it's a Lorde feature :deadbanana4: just listened to this for the first time and had to check if she's on it 

Quote

Producer: Jack Antonoff

The intro is almost a copy+paste from "Rollercoaster" a Bleachers song from 2014, not sure if it sounds like a Lorde song that much.

Vie's performance makes no sense. The music industry is actually over and i'm only seeing it now

 

I'm hoping for the album to get the casuals later because there's no way this music can not be heard... right

 

If not, she should go independent. Otherwise she's getting shelved

9 minutes ago, YR. said:

Vie's performance makes no sense. The music industry is actually over and i'm only seeing it now

 

I'm hoping for the album to get the casuals later because there's no way this music can not be heard... right

 

If not, she should go independent. Otherwise she's getting shelved

She is NOT getting shelved, this era has been funded by a lot of endorsements. None of the girls were backed as much as Doja by big brands this year. 

 

If anything she won't get as much creative control next era. 

 

Like if she has a change of heart she should release Who Are you, it had a cute moment on TikTok.  

 

Edited by TryMe

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.