Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Doja Cat - 'Vie'

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Lightbringer007 said:

girl breathe

I'm chillin :gaycat2: but I am indeed surprised by how much the gp is rejecting this, no songs in global spotify in its first week, dang doja

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Views 107k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

I thought the VMAs would turn things around, she had one of the best performances of the night. People still deny that she's an exceptional performer. 

is the "Are you ready?" In Take Me Dancing Britney-coded downnnn? YEP! yep the f*ck it is!

 

mjb-receipts.gif

12 minutes ago, susansontagapologist said:

I thought the VMAs would turn things around, she had one of the best performances of the night. People still deny that she's an exceptional performer. 

Others can and do disagree but I just feel this is the effects of hating on her fans for years and other scarlet antics for example, the vmas performances a few days after gaga and sabrinas had 2 mil views, tate like 1.6 mil, and at that same point doja hadn't even cracked a mil

 

people are just not checking for her. Less fanbase after scarlet + no gp hit pre album = currently no songs on global spotify

Stranger is nice but I think there's better songs on the album. I get why they're releasing it though

When you search doja on reddit her biggest threads that come up in the main results are ones like this from her scarlet era of her explicitly hating on her fans or other controversial stuff she did during that time, I don't understand how some people think this sort of behavior didn't have any impact when it was for years and some moments definitely broke into gp consciousness  :deadbanana4: 
 


All of the racism controversy that era as well, sam hyde shirt, her racist bf, it's just not accurate to think not of that hit the gp it definitely did for many 

 

Her switching to 80s pop and ignoring how much she hated her fans and pop for years is a bit of a switch up for many people, there could have been a better career segue imo :gaycat5: tbh I'm waiting for doja's true troll self to come out again at some point, she has been a troll her whole career

4 minutes ago, Lightbringer007 said:

the ending omg???

Not an arrow to her titty :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, makeme said:

Not an arrow to her titty :deadbanana2:

the to be continued at the end tells me she aint dead yet ;) 

stranger MV is cute, i replayed it a few times myself

1 hour ago, raraoohlala said:

Others can and do disagree but I just feel this is the effects of hating on her fans for years and other scarlet antics for example, the vmas performances a few days after gaga and sabrinas had 2 mil views, tate like 1.6 mil, and at that same point doja hadn't even cracked a mil

 

people are just not checking for her. Less fanbase after scarlet + no gp hit pre album = currently no songs on global spotify

I could buy into the theory of she didn't get the biggest hit of her career that era lol.  Like why would that be, if she so hated? 
 

Also, likely ppl weren't checking for JT performance because it simply made no noise prior to performance either.  YT algorithm not gonna give it more visibility if no one has been searching for the song in the first place.  

7 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Agora Hills says hi and no one took an issue with its length. If a song is good the length shouldn't matter. Gorgeous should still be pushed. This era needs at least 4 singles. It is too good. This album will be a cult classic. Watch. Also are their any bonus tracks or any chances of a deluxe?

 

Apparently there's more than the scrapped songs I mentioned earlier…

 

She's recently recorded some stuff 

 

:jonny5:
 

 

We love a visual album :clap3:

 

All 3 videos so far ATE! The music and the visuals both serving 10/10 this era :jonny5:

7 hours ago, hallucinating said:

The way I thought take me dancing was supposed to be the second single ... doja i'm confused 

 

I def feel like this era is gonna be a "long run" kinda thing with hopefully lots of visuals and promo. I mean the tour is very long.

 

If I recall she was gonna perform at a festival and backed out to focus on vie. 
 

pretty sure the TMD video is gonna come next year with SZA during the height of the tour. I'm sure they want another Duo Grammy. 
 

also I finally love stranger. I listened to it while reading the lyrics for the first time and I … 

 

stranger as in strange, odd. 
not stranger as in someone you don't know. 
I love it. Amazing MV. 

39 minutes ago, Kaizen said:

I def feel like this era is gonna be a "long run" kinda thing with hopefully lots of visuals and promo. I mean the tour is very long.

 

If I recall she was gonna perform at a festival and backed out to focus on vie. 
 

pretty sure the TMD video is gonna come next year with SZA during the height of the tour. I'm sure they want another Duo Grammy. 
 

also I finally love stranger. I listened to it while reading the lyrics for the first time and I … 

 

stranger as in strange, odd. 
not stranger as in someone you don't know. 
I love it. Amazing MV. 

Yep, and stranger in terms of Stranger Things (Joseph Quinn) 👀

 

Lyrically it's actually very touching.  🥺 Didn't click for me (in terms of how sentimental it is) until I listened to the video Doja shared on her IG.

 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DPFVKToEl5W/

 

With that said I'm going to need an acoustic version too. 

Edited by professor2000

The "it's all we want, it's all we need" in Georgeous, it's so damn nostalgic. It gives a warm feeling. 

This album is just top tier excellence. Who CARES ABOUT CHARTS? Y'all are weird for that. :giraffe:

8 hours ago, professor2000 said:

Also just thought about something…

 

If Stranger is connected to album cover storyline, then that meant it was supposed to be a single sooner than later anyways.  Hmm.  Interesting. 

 

Kind of makes me curious what they're doing with Gorgeous then.  

They can put both out there and then push hard whatever clicks with people. Regardless both are good songs for singles and got good videos. I am so proud of her this era.

8 hours ago, hallucinating said:

The way I thought take me dancing was supposed to be the second single ... doja i'm confused 

 

It can still be a single and most likely will be just based off the feature relax lol

8 hours ago, professor2000 said:

Definitely some scraped songs left.  Her manager posted the tracks recorded for the album.  Could definitely do a deluxe.  
 

 

I honestly wouldn't mind us getting a whole b side album to be frank. The material is giving and so is she. 

 

1. Kink

2. Turn The Lights On

3. Slide 

4. You And I

5. Ball And Chain

6. From The Dead

7. Baby Freeze

8. Human Nature 

 

We got our deluxe right there 

6 hours ago, raraoohlala said:

Kay if so

 

but if it is accurate a lot of scarlet haters won't even have this one selling more than her controversial era rap album :deadbanana4:

We got a fantastic album and a great tour on the way Savanah slow down. I say this as a casual kitten because while I do like her and respect her talent I never really STAN'D then her antics during Scarlet weren't it for me but my god she has me locked in for the long haul with this album. I don't care if this "underperforms" she's happy and healthy and you can honestly feel that from the album. Again I couldn't be more proud and impressed with how she turned things around and pulled through. She should really be more than content with this output like for real. 

6 hours ago, hallucinate said:

she lost her cool factor nnnn

sad but true :emofish:

Yeah she took her whole "troll" persona too far and alot of people haven't looked at her the same way ever since. I think that's why they're going all out promo wise to rehabilitate her image to the general public which is a very smart move to do. 

5 hours ago, raraoohlala said:


:deadbanana4:
 

she should've picked the sza song for the next single with a mv imo because this album is DOA with streams and sales she needs all the help she can get 

Relax. It's not like Doja is broke, struggling, unhealthy or unhappy. This is her 5th album. She more or less in one way or another finds success no matter thus far. Her track record with success has always been unpredictable. But objectively she's already won. Her new polished image. Her going back to pop rap. This is a fantastic album. She won regardless. 

5 hours ago, professor2000 said:

I always said Scarlet would be a step back for her.  So yeah, she did lose some steam.  But we can't cry about it now…they need to just push forward.  Because the music is there.  
 

Honestly think the lack of awareness that it's even out is the biggest problem.  JT wasn't the best lead, but she has a few songs she can pull from.
 

She can always do a deluxe/re-release after they get a single that resonates.  And go crazy on promo.  I know she's not THAT type of artist…but we on THAT type of time right now. :coffee2:
 

 

Scarlett would've fared better if she didn't release Attention and squander her hype. If she had just released Demons, Paint The Town Red and Gun she would've fared better.

6 hours ago, raraoohlala said:

I believe that, but dang, she really needs an injection of awareness with the gp like a sza mv :deadbanana2:

That's what the promo she is doing right now is for. Sis you're giving Bentley right now...chill 

4 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I think the numbers are whatever, cause the people who like this album really like this album, and most of the people not feeling the album seem to just not vibe with the music but they don't hate it or think it's awful. 

 

Scarlet pushed people away to an extent because of the shenanigans going on, but Vie doesn't seem to be pushing anyone away, they're just not feeling it. That happens. She'll smash again once people click with the music, she'll be fine. A song might even catch on later, you never know. 

She needs to book and perform at every award show possible and people will come around. Alot of people just don't know she has an album out because she's getting cannibalized by bigger releases surrounding her. I don't know of anyone that's "not feeling" this record most people just don't know that it's out. I've been pushing the album to people and so far the unanimous reaction seems to be surprised at the quality and one of my friends described it as a true listening experience. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.