Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Doja Cat - 'Vie'

Featured Replies

54 minutes ago, dabunique said:

da meet and greet was a whole hot mess yesterday

 

no security, no barricades and people were cutting da line and fighting smh 

 

my friend almost got into a fight with people smh

Baby why do you speak like a white german teenager in 2013?

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Views 107k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Acts of Service was way overhyped, Stranger is the true gem of the album

 

I actually think this is her strongest body of work yet, it's so cohesive and there's only two duds (All Mine and Come Back) in a sea of career highlights (Ahhh Men, Cards, Gorgeous)

 

It's sad to see that she's not really getting her flowers number-wise but very glad that she's sticking to the artistic roots, it will pay off in the long road of her career

My thoughts after digesting the album more:

 

spacer.png

 

~The Holy Trinivie right now for me is: Stranger, Acts of Service, & Make It Up ✝️

 

~My biggest criticism is that damn saxophone…way too much of it throughout and it takes me out of it, makes it sound very dated. 
 

~Ironic how the most "80s sounding" tracks are by far the weakest of the album. 🤭

 

~There better release an Ahhh Men! Music video and RCA better promote it and payola it on radios. That's her literal only shot with getting a decent hit with this album 😭

 

~ Never use Jack Antonoff ever again please. No excuses. 🙅🏻‍♂️

 

~Next album, why not just embrace the cash grab controversy and make it a Planet Her 2 👩🏼‍🚀🪐🧞‍♀️concept album…but then there's the Dr. Luke factor which could also be a major problem.

 

Does anyone know the details of her contract with Dr.Luke?

 

@hallucinate @Relampago. @jackofthecreek @Walk_Away21 @Reverse Warholian @starsailor @XAMJ @Bentley

my top rn would be cards, stranger, make it up, gorgeous, happy.

  • ATRL Moderator

This album is just hit after hit in my opinion. And it's such an amazing listen top to bottom. Feels like a completely realized concept without songs getting to same-y. I don't personally understand some people's criticism of tracks sounding too similar, they all have a unique factor to me :michael:

 

Stranger, Gorgeous, HAPPY (I don't see nearly enough love for this song), Acts of Service, Lipstain (I could go on but I'll just list the whole album :dies:) it's just too good :jamming:

really curious to see what songs she'll perform for snl this weekend

 

I think it has to be one of stranger and take me dancing/cards/gorgeous

I'm listening to it again and it's finally clicking. Gorgeous is so good!! Can't stop playing it!

 

7 hours ago, Sexyzinger said:

My thoughts after digesting the album more:

 

spacer.png

 

~The Holy Trinivie right now for me is: Stranger, Acts of Service, & Make It Up ✝️

 

~My biggest criticism is that damn saxophone…way too much of it throughout and it takes me out of it, makes it sound very dated. 
 

~Ironic how the most "80s sounding" tracks are by far the weakest of the album. 🤭

 

~There better release an Ahhh Men! Music video and RCA better promote it and payola it on radios. That's her literal only shot with getting a decent hit with this album 😭

 

~ Never use Jack Antonoff ever again please. No excuses. 🙅🏻‍♂️

 

~Next album, why not just embrace the cash grab controversy and make it a Planet Her 2 👩🏼‍🚀🪐🧞‍♀️concept album…but then there's the Dr. Luke factor which could also be a major problem.

 

Does anyone know the details of her contract with Dr.Luke?

 

@hallucinate @Relampago. @jackofthecreek @Walk_Away21 @Reverse Warholian @starsailor @XAMJ @Bentley

I'm getting used to the tracks now, babe. But I'm kinda obessesd with Gorgeous. I don't know if she will have a hit with this album, or if Gorgeous is doing some noise since it's the new single, but this one is really special!

I do think Scarlet remains her best and most interesting album but I'm already enjoying this one a lot more than I did upon first few listens. The bops are there. I agree that her usual earworm verses aren't as strong on Vie as they are on previous albums which makes it feel like it lacks character. I also feel like the album starts losing steam in the last third. 

rate my taste:

bottom 3:
1. cards (lowkey love the chorus, but its a little long for me, would be a cute short intro)

2/3. acts of service / one more time. only skips imo

 

top 3:

1. Stranger (obsessed)

2. AAAHH MEN!

3. Silly! Fun!

I was a big fan of scarlet and especially the singles, but this definitely feels like an album that will have a lot more replay value for me personally, gives me hot pink vibes.

User above me is lacking taste especially putting Cards & Act of service in the bottom of any list. :heart2:

16 hours ago, Lightbringer007 said:

really curious to see what songs she'll perform for snl this weekend

 

I think it has to be one of stranger and take me dancing/cards/gorgeous

She definitely performing Gorgeous since it's the single and the best performing song after Jealous type on Spotify. 
With the release of Stranger's mv, I think she's also performing it.  

Yeah this album is soooo crazy good, I guilt can't comprehend any dislike for it.

 

its so cohesive and someone mentioned above it's not too samey. It's such a great execution of the 80's concept she went for. Her looks this era, all unmatched. 

i feel like Happy so the sister of Alone from planet her idk if you get that or just me buuut :flame:
 

standouts are AAAHH MEN!, stranger, cards and Happy 

 

do we think we will get a deluxe soon like she did with Planet her or will it be a while? 

 

This was an amazing interview. The most honest and vulnerable I've ever seen Doja. She addressed a lot of her past controversies, her public image, healing through therapy, her childhood, her mother, and more.

 

We need more of this! :clap3:

1 minute ago, wish said:

 

This was an amazing interview. The most honest and vulnerable I've ever seen Doja. She addressed a lot of her past controversies, her public image, healing through therapy, her childhood, her mother, and more.

 

We need more of this! :clap3:

yup a really great interview 

9 minutes ago, wish said:

 

This was an amazing interview. The most honest and vulnerable I've ever seen Doja. She addressed a lot of her past controversies, her public image, healing through therapy, her childhood, her mother, and more.

 

We need more of this! :clap3:

yesss it was so nice to see her so satisfied and content with her career, especially coming out of the Scarlet era where everything felt so volatile. She definitely needs to have more interviews like this :clap3:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.