Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread 2025

Featured Replies

  • Replies 47.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Sailor Moon
    Sailor Moon

    nnn the popup message nnn.. thought i was getting banned for a sec 

  • I'm going to eat the spaghetti today while reading all the meltdowns. I'm still not going to stream Spaghetti though but I will choose to stream this instead     After all the

  • aespa didn't chart but guess what, we're STILL not streaming Stray Kids  

9 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

 

it's here :jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:

I didn't love the video on the first view, but the second view was way better.

 

They do need to fire the entire styling team, though. If I see one more ******* black outfit or the same hairstyle on these girls again :biblio: 

 

I did love the song and the concept ended up being more fun than I expected.

Off to a good start. Hopefully this means the budget will be there for their next video :duca: 

Rich Smash :clap3: 

 

But Drift is abysmal I hateeee when they do this sound

 

Love Bubble and Count On Me. So perched for my future classic Angel #48 to start

2 minutes ago, Doogle said:

Rich Smash :clap3: 

 

But Drift is abysmal I hateeee when they do this sound

 

Love Bubble and Count On Me. So perched for my future classic Angel #48 to start

I haven't listened in full yet but I skipped through Drift and it sounds about as annoying as I thought it would from the snippet :rip: wish it weren't track 2

Rich Man is still really good, but I wish SM went a little bit harder and fully went crazy with some of the rock elements 

some parts just felt like it was missing something to me

 

thisisalecx-zach-campbell.gif

It's inoffensive and fun. I still think Drama was their peak for me musically, but this was good! That being said I don't feel compelled to listen to it more than once or twice.

 

I stopped paying attention midway through the music video. Didn't feel like I'd miss anything and the visuals were just too disjointed, chaotic and been there done that my mind couldn't help but wander.

 

Ugh I don't know I just wish I K-POP song would just be SO GOOD it'd change my life like the old days 

ANGEL #48 THEIR BEST SONG EVER 

 

:jonny6: LDN NOISE THE MEN THAT YOU ARE

Rich Man is great (but I knew that already from the concert clip and demo) 

 

The MV is also great if a little busy...the VFX budget popped off though! The sports look was a cute concept for them. However, I can't help but wonder if the box/studio style MV was the best choice here. The scenes they filmed in Morocco with the bikes for the album shoot kinda would have been a cool concept too. 

 

As for the album, I like all the songs but one overriding comment across all songs (including the title) is that this time...they actually are not singing enough now. 

 

I overlooked it with Dirty Work because it worked stylistically. But this is where I miss Yoo Young-Jin because he would have vocally directed WINTER and NINGNING to go off in that last chorus of Rich Man, whereas instead we just got a guitar solo in the background. I actually think those guitar riffs should have been sung over with belting ad-libs. 

 

There are also other moments in the album where historically they would have snapped vocally but here it was too restrained, Angel #48 is a perfect example...NINGNING's last note on the bridge "never let me go" they should've been telling her to reach for a higher note than that. 

 

Overall it's a great album and you count on aespa to keep things fresh, truly a force :clap3:

Personally, after listening the mini, I'm liking Angel #48, Count On Me and Drift more than Rich Man. 

The MV was cool but had way so things happening. 

 

If that is all we are seeing from aespa this year (music wise), I would say this was an okay year for them. 

 

Omg SM finally pushing Jaehee 

He deserves this so much

 

:jonny6:

 

Just now, DelRey said:

Omg SM finally pushing Jaehee 

He deserves this so much

 

:jonny6:

 

it's what he deserves, he has such a gorgeous voice :jonny5:

 

whitney-houston-singers.gif

Obsessed with Rich Man. The song just clicks for me. I was just having a look at the online discourse, and it is divisive :rip: It'll be interesting to see how this performs.

 

The MV is an adhd riddled fun mess. I don't really understand the concept: so they caused utter chaos in a stadium, I suppose a la some colosseum epoch, and then get engraved in the walls in memoriam? Okay? What does that have to do with being a rich man? lol. It's fun in either case.

 

Walls Don't Talk from Kai is my most played Kpop song of the year; I think Rich Man has a shot of taking the crown, so we'll see in a few months. I love that the concept is actually about being proud of oneself, embracing one's own ideas, and focusing on self-belief and positivity (and actively rejecting money at one point). Also appreciate that they got a woman to direct the MV, though I'm happy to give her a dose of my Concerta if she needs it. I don't take it often either, but you know what, I probably would before filming an MV. Just a tip!

One thing for sure is that I don't like how far aespa have deviated this year from their concept.

With Supernova, Armageddon and Whiplash MVs there were still cool things to catch about their world, but with Dirty Work and Rich Man there is... nothing?

Interesting...not terrible for a Friday afternoon KST release. Luckily they are starting music show promo today too

 

 

I loved Dirty Work, but this is not hitting for me. The "I am rich man" hook they are going for gets too repetitive. I hope the rest of the Mini album has good songs

Edited by Acuminatus

Count On Me and Angel #48 are excellent, wish they do more songs in that vein.

Rich Man would've been cute as a b-side, but as a title track, it's too laid back especially for aespa

 

Edited by Pluto6

I liked Rich Man but I understand why some mys and casual fans dont

 

the song is kinda repetitive (not in a good way) and its kinda tame for aespa? I think both dirty work and rich man (+ this mini) is kind of a rebrand for aespa

 

 aespa thrives in weird disjointed maximalism and rich man and this mini is very "normal" for them. the mini is really cohesive though :clap3: 

 

 

and oh, the comeback after this era is gonna be nastier and gaggier than spicy-drama-supernova the way yall are abandoning the girls :foxaylove:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.