Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread 2025

Featured Replies

  • Replies 47.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Sailor Moon
    Sailor Moon

    nnn the popup message nnn.. thought i was getting banned for a sec 

  • I'm going to eat the spaghetti today while reading all the meltdowns. I'm still not going to stream Spaghetti though but I will choose to stream this instead     After all the

  • aespa didn't chart but guess what, we're STILL not streaming Stray Kids  

Rich Man is good, the mini overall is better; Angel #48 a career highlight. But I do miss aespa shouting at us. Where are the vocals?! :gaycat6:

53 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I'm hoping 2025 is a fluke for aespa and they go back to poppier songs in 2026 because man this has just been it for them.

 

They genuinely say "I am a rich man" like 100 times in the song, literally WHO thought that would be a good idea?

ryan jhun :giraffe:

Rich man kinda sounds like a song for a commercial or ad. The instrumental is good, but yeah the lyrics and song overall isn't it. I like dirty work better too.

52 minutes ago, Gaia said:

They genuinely say "I am a rich man" like 100 times in the song, literally WHO thought that would be a good idea?

It seems dated, like it came in a couple overton windows ago before the concept of adult daycare started to rise.

 

:cm:

5 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

almost top 10!

They are smashing again!

aespa now has 3 consecutive comebacks all charting at the same time in the top 15...right now!

 

Also in album sales, they have now replaced themselves as the highest 1st day sales for a GG this year :1stplace:

 

G0Fa1V3XwAENCOf?format=jpg&name=large

 

Edited by Zack

how can you be the nation's boy group if said boy group has no hit songs in said nation

 

not shade just asking

 

12af5779b636d2b0e94e87b7ded6cec2.jpg

Another dud from aespa this year. I feel like SM doesn't know where to take them musically and visually anymore.

 

12af5779b636d2b0e94e87b7ded6cec2.jpg

Rich Man makes me feel so rich

 

aespa queens, charge me 1k per ticket already :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Pluto6 said:

The Nation's Boy Group! 

G0D5wN8a0AAbbo_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

are they gonna add more dates or is this the final one?

 

they already grossed 260M I swear if they beat born pink's record

 

12af5779b636d2b0e94e87b7ded6cec2.jpg

2 minutes ago, mathekr said:

Another dud from aespa this year. I feel like SM doesn't know where to take them musically and visually anymore.

 

12af5779b636d2b0e94e87b7ded6cec2.jpg

I think SM just played too safe this year with aespa.

aespa are far more interesting when they take risks. 

 

I love it when beautiful and highly talented people are also kinda weird

 

12af5779b636d2b0e94e87b7ded6cec2.jpg

7 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

are they gonna add more dates or is this the final one?

 

they already grossed 260M I swear if they beat born pink's record

 

12af5779b636d2b0e94e87b7ded6cec2.jpg

they haven't had a concert in Tokyo or Osaka since last November, maybe they should add some dates

 

12af5779b636d2b0e94e87b7ded6cec2.jpg

fka twigs is in korea right now and she said she had dinner with rosé and they've been talking about music :WAP:

 

 

2 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

they haven't had a concert in Tokyo or Osaka since last November, maybe they should add some dates

 

12af5779b636d2b0e94e87b7ded6cec2.jpg

prepare for my draggings then

 

12af5779b636d2b0e94e87b7ded6cec2.jpg

 

do you think he had to pay for the Hybe nose or did he just take it and block their number?

 

12af5779b636d2b0e94e87b7ded6cec2.jpg

 

 

HOLY **** HYUNJIN LOOKS UNBELIEVABLE im actually obsessed it's probably my favourite music video from them yet 

 

 

9 hours ago, Zack said:

Rich Man is great (but I knew that already from the concert clip and demo) 

 

The MV is also great if a little busy...the VFX budget popped off though! The sports look was a cute concept for them. However, I can't help but wonder if the box/studio style MV was the best choice here. The scenes they filmed in Morocco with the bikes for the album shoot kinda would have been a cool concept too. 

 

As for the album, I like all the songs but one overriding comment across all songs (including the title) is that this time...they actually are not singing enough now. 

 

I overlooked it with Dirty Work because it worked stylistically. But this is where I miss Yoo Young-Jin because he would have vocally directed WINTER and NINGNING to go off in that last chorus of Rich Man, whereas instead we just got a guitar solo in the background. I actually think those guitar riffs should have been sung over with belting ad-libs. 

 

There are also other moments in the album where historically they would have snapped vocally but here it was too restrained, Angel #48 is a perfect example...NINGNING's last note on the bridge "never let me go" they should've been telling her to reach for a higher note than that. 

 

Overall it's a great album and you count on aespa to keep things fresh, truly a force :clap3:

The bit about YYJ is exactly how I feel. I NEED vocals. I thought we were getting an 80s-inspired rock song at first so I was wanting like a hair band song with crazy vocals.

 

Side note, but did you see the 11/10 and then 11/12 on the scoreboard in the video? I feel like we have a Japanese release date confirmed like how "Hot Mess" had "Whiplash's" release date. Or maybe just the solos.

 

9 hours ago, Zack said:

Interesting...not terrible for a Friday afternoon KST release. Luckily they are starting music show promo today too

 

 

People were disappointed after "Dirty Work," but their competition right now is insane. LYW, IVE, Day6, ADP and K-Pop Demon Hunters. A top 10 would be a huge success and they're in the Melon Hot 100's Top 10 already :jonny5: 

7 hours ago, Rian said:

another great release from Aespa. I don't think it's unfair to say that they are truly the heir apparent to SNSD at SM. Their comebacks are fresh, they're afraid to explore but also subvert expectations by releasing something "normal". Vocally they have never been better, aesthetically pleasing and dancing on point as usual. No other act at SM, let alone in the k-industry right now is touching them. It's time to accept this as fact. 

I feel this completely. I'd still love to see them grow (we need stronger vocal editing in their songs and some different styling) but I feel like they are set to be one of the most iconic girl groups ever.

SM has no artistic vision or sound without LSM and YYJ. 2024 was still the pipeline from previous years but this year is 100% SM 3.0 and for me, the secret sauce is over, I'm calling time of death definitively. Aespa will be their last truly 'SM' group thanks to the old guard being responsible for their lineup. I'm sure there will be bops and success here and there including for Aespa, like with any other company, but my sheep days are over.

 

With Wendy gone and the weakness of Rize and H2H vocally, they're not even the vocals company anymore. Time for Yawn to jump ship too. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.