Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

K-Pop Thread 2025

Featured Replies

11 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

How's everyone feeling about Dirty Work a week after release? I've let it marinate and it's a good 8 from me. I really like it

It's grown on me so much. The bridge through the final chorus to the outro is incredible. Easily one of my favorite releases of the year.

  • Replies 47.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Sailor Moon
    Sailor Moon

    nnn the popup message nnn.. thought i was getting banned for a sec 

  • I'm going to eat the spaghetti today while reading all the meltdowns. I'm still not going to stream Spaghetti though but I will choose to stream this instead     After all the

  • aespa didn't chart but guess what, we're STILL not streaming Stray Kids  

  • Author
  • ATRL Administrator
35 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

You mean Nayeon, Jihyo, Jeongyeon sis…Sana (bless her beauty and charisma that goddess) but her vocals are weak :gayalipacat5:

Sana is the THIRD MAIN vocal. I know it’s an inconvenient truth but it’s a fact. Especially over the last 4 or 5 albums. 
 

Sana Carey has joined Nayeonce, Jihyriana Grande as the the vocal trinity :gayriahcat1:

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Sana is the THIRD MAIN vocal. I know it's an inconvenient truth but it's a fact. Especially over the last 4 or 5 albums. 
 

Sana Carey has joined Nayeonce, Jihyriana Grande as the the vocal trinity :gayriahcat1:

I don't know what to say about this brainrot but I wish you a speedy recovery sis 

:gaycat2:

LOL omg Sana is one of my biases, especially in Misamo, but I'm with Witness ET about the main vocal 3 

 

also even for rapping I thought Jeong kinda ate in TAKEDOWN

32 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

How's everyone feeling about Dirty Work a week after release? I've let it marinate and it's a good 8 from me. I really like it

I like it. It's a bit noisy but not loud noise so good noise. I think I kinda prefer the english version but I'm marinating listening to both. The Flo Milli version is a chop though.

26 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

How's everyone feeling about Dirty Work a week after release? I've let it marinate and it's a good 8 from me. I really like it

7/10

 

I do like it and has a replay value imo, however, I think is my least fav title track by them.

My rank is:

Whiplash=Supernova=Armageddon>Drama>Spicy=Next Level=Savage=Black Mamba=Dreams Come True>Girls>Dirty Work

 

Damn, their title track game is so strong. :wanda:

 

Deeming melon as a non-factor because your idols can't chart. Oh HYBE… :ahh:

 

anyway ANTITALENT might be LOS SER's only listenable song. Pathetic to admit but I probably streamed around 10 times :mazen: 

Edited by newaespa

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

Did he have a N word scandal?

@starstruckaj already sent the tea, but yes. I was very very disappointed :biblio:

 

I got the impression he probably uses the word all the time in private and just got caught slipping on live. His apology livestream was really weird and seemed like he was getting off on being dragged for it...idk.

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

It's grown on me so much. The bridge through the final chorus to the outro is incredible. Easily one of my favorite releases of the year.

Yesss when they start whispering in the background, it adds so much to the song

 

40 minutes ago, VelvetCrush said:

I like it. It's a bit noisy but not loud noise so good noise. I think I kinda prefer the english version but I'm marinating listening to both. The Flo Milli version is a chop though.

I get it. I like the verse itself, but I wish the Flo Milli version didn't end up with cutting out Giselle and Ningning's part. :'(

 

38 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

7/10

 

I do like it and has a replay value imo, however, I think is my least fav title track by them.

My rank is:

Whiplash=Supernova=Armageddon>Drama>Spicy=Next Level=Savage=Black Mamba=Dreams Come True>Girls>Dirty Work

 

Damn, their title track game is so strong. :wanda:

 

:clap3: The consistency when you line them up. 7 is a really reasonable score. It's a good quick little single for the summer

10 hours ago, Sheep said:

Yeah it's just really ****** up. A lot of western fans don't realize that a: 2NE1 wasn't YGs first girl group to get buried and mismanaged and b: he only ever put together and debuted female GGs before YG expanded outside of hiphop because his business partners literally forced him to. Yang Hyunsuk believes that women shouldn't do hip hop and that they aren't real artists, so before he had less control over the company following his constant legal issues, anytime he debuted a female idol there was always an angle to exploit them for either his personal gain or the gain of his male artists. It's hard to factually discuss any of this stuff because blinks read it as personal criticism of their favs or think their favs had it just as bad, but YG/YHS has proven to have ties to prostitution and even human trafficking on several occasions, as has been rumored since their inception. Yang Hyunsuk is the final boss of misogyny and used to be the CEO, Chairman, and Creative Director of the company all at the same time during 2NE1's time, he was able to do a lot to **** them over. He literally personally wrote and published a statement throwing Park Bom all the way under the bus the second there was rumblings of her drug scandal, where he made it out to be infinitely worse than it was in reality(she was literally just taking a prescription medication which isn't legal in Korea because there is potential for abuse by people who don't need it).

 

I'm really getting tired of getting mass downvotes from bitter ass stinks every time I speak on it too because I go out of my way to praise the pinks and mention how while they benefitted from 2NE1 being shelved, they aren't responsible for it. If a teenage American pop star had their ceo making them do extremely sexual choreography and personally filming the dance practices, focusing on close up body shots instead of accurately capturing the choreography as a reference material the way Yang Hyunsuk did to Minzy during I Love You while also constantly calling them ugly, that artist would be treated in these spaces the same way Kesha is now. I'm tired of being told to get over it. 2NE1/CL would have had a Destiny's Child/Beyonce type global career trajectory if they were under literally any other company on Earth. They were victims of all different kinds of abuse at the hands of Yang Hyunsuk and even in 2025 are still required to play along with his dumbass games to be allowed to do even a single performance, he's intentionally booking venues too small for them and they sell out in minutes. There's an infinite number of anecdotes about how badly YG screwed them over and the list somehow is still expanding a decade after their official disbandment. I hope nobody ever has to experience this happening to their favs.

honestly, you and all blackjacks has the right to be bitter and call out YG's misogynistic and criminal ass 24/7 but everytime yall do it, blackpink gets dragged to the mud and back unprovoked. 99.9% of blackjacks I see stan all YG acts even babymonster and treasure (be serious :toofunny3:) and are so so SO bitter against blackpink 24/7 

 

are we really gonna act like blackpink didnt experience the same misogyny from that disgusting pig? there's a reason they're on their 9th year and still only have 29 songs :rip: the same ass treatment and trajectory as 2NE1. both have 2 mini albums and 2 full albums, heck even 2ne1 has released more music and videos than blackpink. the only difference is, BLACKPINK's "pretty privilege", massive global star power and charisma got them so SO far and 10000000000000000000x bigger than 2NE1 (and other kpop groups) and they debuted in a completely different time

 

YG couldnt do anything about BLACKPINK's massive popularity getting 1020491493x bigger each year and success even with the lack of releases. yall saying starving blinks is the "strategy" that worked for the pinks but no :rip: they just got a huge and very VERY loyal fanbase that kept getting bigger even with the lack of musical output and BLACKPINK is very popular with the general public worldwide too. YG didnt know what to do with BLACKPINK just like with 2NE1, they just had no choice cause blinks are such a huge fanbase that always call YG out and exposes him and his fuckass company + demands for better treatment for blackpink publicly 24/7 (as annoying and embarrassing blinks are for these, I think it really worked most of the time :rip: )

 

its so funny yall purposely forget and disregard blackpink's mistreatment from yg just cause they are so successful. 2ne1 could've been destiny's child/beyoncé type of trajectory and career if they got better company? you can literally say the same thing about blackpink :rip:  the amount of wasted blackpink potential, time, effort and music because of that criminal ugly man is just :rip: 

 

not a long ass essay, I guess i'm just saying yall should move on about BLACKPINK vs 2NE1 cause the pinks arent your enemies. yall can fight for CL/2NE1's justice without dragging blackpink to the mud 24/7. the pinks love and respect 2NE1 up to this day. jennie attended their tour last year, rosé talked about 2ne1 being her fav on the cut magazine this year and 98% of blinks dgaf about 2ne1 like at all so... :rip: 

11 hours ago, New Edition said:

All day Project got their first win? A coed group? Against aespa?

 

Are they the next big thing?

Aespa only had 3 days of digital points vs ADP which currently at #1

 

Also, ADP won because of broadcast points (ADP attended mcd last week)  while aespa gotten zero

11 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Wait are they gay cause theyre serving queer aespa and I wanna support 😔 or this just hyperlink femmesync or whatever their tour is called lol

Besides 2NE1 she was my introduction into KPop to me growing up BOA was like Britney Spears and Ciara combined it was a dream come true and this album ate so hard. Energetic, Look Who's Talking Now, Eat You Up, Obsessed, Scream, Hypnotic Dancefloor phew 😅 hold my kwangya

Ava Max has entered the chat but I agree with all of this cause CL was working with Diplo, Major Lazer, Skrillex, DJ Snake, Iggy Azalea, Chris Brown, M.I.A., Florence And The Machine, Justin Bieber, Lorde, Black Eyed Peas, Will.I.Am, Dua Lipa and Grimes and NOTHING LIKE NONE OF THAT SAW THE LIGHT OF DAY like it was so weird Dx he really hated 2ne1 even though they kept his lights on

 

wait, CL worked with Iggy, Lorde, Grimes, Florence + the Machine and Dua Lipa? :WAP:

 

I know about the others like mia, bieber, diplo etc but this is news to me :WAP:

1 hour ago, Rhyme said:

How's everyone feeling about Dirty Work a week after release? I've let it marinate and it's a good 8 from me. I really like it

its becoming one of my fav aespa title tracks ever. I think it will age better than most of their title tracks

1 hour ago, Rhyme said:

How's everyone feeling about Dirty Work a week after release? I've let it marinate and it's a good 8 from me. I really like it

Probanly a 7/10

 

The only redeeming point is the bridge - especially the vocal + the low low low parts. I feel sinful for saying this but i prefer Flo Milli's rap parts over Ningselle (im sorry 🙏🏻). 

 

Also wished they did more on the outro with louder adlibs

 

The 'Work it out, work it out, work work work it out' ASMR layered over the 'Work x7' lines sound so good but we barely hear them..

 

Not sure why but aespa songs lately are having a lot of adlibs but they are so muted - if so muted why waste time recording them?

 

.

1 hour ago, Rhyme said:

How's everyone feeling about Dirty Work a week after release? I've let it marinate and it's a good 8 from me. I really like it

It's great, i would probably also give it 8/10

1 hour ago, Jenlisa said:

LOL omg Sana is one of my biases, especially in Misamo, but I'm with Witness ET about the main vocal 3 

 

also even for rapping I thought Jeong kinda ate in TAKEDOWN

Lmao I don't think @Ryan was serious about Sana though but it was kinda funny :gaycat2:

 

and yup Jeongyeon can truly do a lot with her voice, it's sad she's been sidelined so much since debut. 

9 hours ago, Josh said:

You're one of my favorite K-pop stans on KTRL including @Sheep do you know any good 2nd generation girl groups I should add to my YouTube Music playlist?

Ones I know so far:

SISTAR
4MINUTE

T-ARA

KARA

f(x)

9MUSES

WONDER GIRLS

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Rhyme said:

How's everyone feeling about Dirty Work a week after release? I've let it marinate and it's a good 8 from me. I really like it

It's a no for me

 

It would've made a FAB album track

 

but a title-track? Newp

8 hours ago, youcallingmyname said:

There's people who Stan and enjoy that tarzzzan boy unironically? He looks a fool, down to his braids. Not an ounce of black in him but trying to play in our face. Maybe I'm just tired and bored of K-pop's history of culture appropriation that I just look at him as cringe. He could be really talented for all I know but I can't really look past the gimmick. 

Yeah... thats why the users in him stanning him like he's god gift to earth is just not it. It's making me side eye like what else you let slide in real life ...

8 hours ago, hétérosexuelle said:

Are NewJennies ever coming back?

 

I feel like we were ROBBEN of multiple comebacks by now :cries:

 

Like they really were too good to be true and their releases were EVENT after EVENT of excellence, excitement, and success 

 

It's sad cause no one is replacing them

 

 

...not you worried about comebacks when they're in so much legal battles with their label troubles. Worry about their health and safety first foremost then a comeback jfc

8 hours ago, hétérosexuelle said:

This is a miss comeback

 

Supernova and Whiplash deserved

Those 2 songs set up aespa for success which is what dirty riding off of

 

7 hours ago, LovemeTear said:

Streets saying surprise bp drop tonight:suburban:

Well where is it 

 

:clack:

8 hours ago, Bewitched said:

Only 507k views in 24 hours…

 

Damn KARD is really over :emofish:

 

 

Dx jfc just enjoy the music and be active that their output is still good and that theyre still together not everything is about charts 

8 hours ago, Zack said:

The song is great. But BM's scandal probably did some real damage to their fanbase which is 99% international.

 

They've never really done anything major in terms of digital or physical performance. The reason they've lasted this long is because they managed to create their own touring niche which has worked well for them for years. They probably wouldn't be profitable without that.

 

What scandal happened 😳 

6 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

she had a Katy Perry sample and a dream

 

this was supposed to be her Espresso

 

 

What's the Katy sample? Also Jeon Somi has all the ingredients to be a global popstar along with Chungha it's insane that they're not bigger and not being pushed more properly

 

1 hour ago, MonsterNavy said:

honestly, you and all blackjacks has the right to be bitter and call out YG's misogynistic and criminal ass 24/7 but everytime yall do it, blackpink gets dragged to the mud and back unprovoked. 99.9% of blackjacks I see stan all YG acts even babymonster and treasure (be serious :toofunny3:) and are so so SO bitter against blackpink 24/7 

 

are we really gonna act like blackpink didnt experience the same misogyny from that disgusting pig? there's a reason they're on their 9th year and still only have 29 songs :rip: the same ass treatment and trajectory as 2NE1. both have 2 mini albums and 2 full albums, heck even 2ne1 has released more music and videos than blackpink. the only difference is, BLACKPINK's "pretty privilege", massive global star power and charisma got them so SO far and 10000000000000000000x bigger than 2NE1 (and other kpop groups) and they debuted in a completely different time

 

YG couldnt do anything about BLACKPINK's massive popularity getting 1020491493x bigger each year and success even with the lack of releases. yall saying starving blinks is the "strategy" that worked for the pinks but no :rip: they just got a huge and very VERY loyal fanbase that kept getting bigger even with the lack of musical output and BLACKPINK is very popular with the general public worldwide too. YG didnt know what to do with BLACKPINK just like with 2NE1, they just had no choice cause blinks are such a huge fanbase that always call YG out and exposes him and his fuckass company + demands for better treatment for blackpink publicly 24/7 (as annoying and embarrassing blinks are for these, I think it really worked most of the time :rip: )

 

its so funny yall purposely forget and disregard blackpink's mistreatment from yg just cause they are so successful. 2ne1 could've been destiny's child/beyoncé type of trajectory and career if they got better company? you can literally say the same thing about blackpink :rip:  the amount of wasted blackpink potential, time, effort and music because of that criminal ugly man is just :rip: 

 

not a long ass essay, I guess i'm just saying yall should move on about BLACKPINK vs 2NE1 cause the pinks arent your enemies. yall can fight for CL/2NE1's justice without dragging blackpink to the mud 24/7. the pinks love and respect 2NE1 up to this day. jennie attended their tour last year, rosé talked about 2ne1 being her fav on the cut magazine this year and 98% of blinks dgaf about 2ne1 like at all so... :rip: 

Your favs whole group concept was switched at the last minute as a part of a literal conspiracy against 2NE1 that involved having the girls record an entire album just so that the group could conveniently be disbanded the same week as the album photoshoot. Then even though they were promising(and in Bom's case extremely successful) soloists, the members were banned from releasing music as to not compete with their less talented, prettier knockoffs, of course we're bitter. :bibliahh: This is before we even get into the part Blinks played in this feud. Even after YG staff and 2NE1 members personally confirmed the stolen 3rd album accusations, you guys were still denying it between gaslighting blackjacks about our favs popularity both domestically and abroad and constantly mocking the appearances of 2NE1 members. Just this year in the much more mature and respectful version of ATRL's kpop discourse I had to report a blink for literally using ableist language against Park Bom. This is just KTRL stuff too, on twitter its much more nasty with blinks literally wishing death on 2NE1 members for kiis during 3rd gen.

 

 

I'm sorry your favs don't release often enough for your taste but the company CEO isn't calling Jisoo a disgusting meth addict to the press and wasn't trying to groom a teenage Lisa so let's chill it with the "my favs were mistreated too" stuff. 2NE1 had all of the fake comeback promises and delays of Black Pink too and had tracks rereleased like d4 on kill this love with literally every album and mini they ever put out.

 

Your favs were just pawns and don't deserve most of the heat, but let's not pretend that GD didn't drop those girls like a rock after handing careers to them or that CL hasn't been subbing the pinks in her raps since at least 1000000 won, less than 6 months after their debut. The people who were actually there and at the company and close to the 2NE1 members back then dont fw black pink. There's a reason for all this bitterness and it has almost nothing to do with the girls and everything to do with YG and their ugly acting fans, but that doesn't make the bitterness invalid.

 

This quote is in a response to a chain of posts where I was mass downvoted for praising literally everything about black pink except for their ratata boom yah yah-type songs being stale and phoned in now(something blinks always agree with when it's being brought up by one of y'all and not a non-fan) in the same breath as saying some of their other post-2NE1 songs are great and that the solos were amazing. This all started because a blink randomly said we need to stop bringing up 2NE1's issues as if they STILL aren't being allowed to tour and release music at the scale they should. :deadbanana2:

Edited by Sheep

26 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Lmao I don't think @Ryan was serious about Sana though but it was kinda funny :gaycat2:

 

and yup Jeongyeon can truly do a lot with her voice, it's sad she's been sidelined so much since debut. 

I did wonder if his joke was just lost on me for a second right after I posted that lol. And I don't get why she was sidelined so much
 

2 hours ago, Rhyme said:

How's everyone feeling about Dirty Work a week after release? I've let it marinate and it's a good 8 from me. I really like it

On first listen I wasn't feeling it but I've been playing it every day now, also I noticed their songs never grow on me first listen, for some reason. It's like I need more time to take it in. I love the bridge too

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.