Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

K-Pop Thread 2025

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, Sheep said:

If there's one thing I'm gonna do its circlejerk about how much better 2nd gen girlies were than everybody else :gaycat2:

 

 

 

Madonna is going to be stuck in my head all week now. Thanks. :dies: Poison was an excellent mini. 

Why were the girl groups in the 2nd gen more adventerous and ambitious concept wise compared to now? 

  • Replies 47.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Sailor Moon
    Sailor Moon

    nnn the popup message nnn.. thought i was getting banned for a sec 

  • I'm going to eat the spaghetti today while reading all the meltdowns. I'm still not going to stream Spaghetti though but I will choose to stream this instead     After all the

  • aespa didn't chart but guess what, we're STILL not streaming Stray Kids  

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Why were the girl groups in the 2nd gen more adventerous and ambitious concept wise compared to now? 

I don't know if I agree with that now that we have groups like aespa and NJZ, but I think kpop got stuck with safe concepts and talentless idols for over a decade because they were chasing an audience of westerner children who want idols who look and sound and act like real life anime characters. Even to this day that core kpop audience rejects almost anything that doesn't fit a very narrow preconception of what kpop is and sounds/looks like, check the reactions to Hot Sauce and Dirty Work. :clack:

Just now, Sheep said:

I don't know if I agree with that now that we have groups like aespa and NJZ, but I think kpop got stuck with safe concepts and talentless idols for over a decade because they were chasing an audience of westerner children who want idols who look and sound and act like real life anime characters. Even to this day that core kpop audience rejects almost anything that doesn't fit a very narrow preconception of what kpop is and sounds/looks like, check the reactions to Hot Sauce and Dirty Work. :clack:

would you say aespa and NJZ are a reminiscent of the 2nd gen?

Just now, Josh said:

would you say aespa and NJZ are a reminiscent of the 2nd gen?

They definitely feel like the closest spiritual successors to 2NE1 and SNSD respectively that we ever got. There were a lot of attempts to outright remake those two groups but part of the appeal of those two was how fresh their concepts and sounds always were. :eli:

Just now, Sheep said:

They definitely feel like the closest spiritual successors to 2NE1 and SNSD respectively that we ever got. There were a lot of attempts to outright remake those two groups but part of the appeal of those two was how fresh their concepts and sounds always were. :eli:

so this is what I have so far!

 

WONDER GIRLS
SECRET
GIRLS' GENERATION
KARA
APINK
MISS A
GIRLS' DAY
T-ARA
BROWN EYED GIRLS
RAINBOW
THE GRACE
4MINUTE
2NE1
f(x)
SISTAR
9MUSES
 

FCI374RUYAMRKSw.jpg:large


We miss when ENGOD were in their Kings of SUMMAR era.

Lowkey obsessed with Haru from XLOV

His tone is so good and his body is tea

 

 

There's people who Stan and enjoy that tarzzzan boy unironically? He looks a fool, down to his braids. Not an ounce of black in him but trying to play in our face. Maybe I'm just tired and bored of K-pop's history of culture appropriation that I just look at him as cringe. He could be really talented for all I know but I can't really look past the gimmick. 

On 7/1/2025 at 3:53 PM, The Prophecy said:

 

How did YG fumble BABYMONSTER so badly?

:rip: 

 

Truly mind boggling

 

How does their music keep getting worse and worse?

2 minute songs may work on groups with 4-5 members..... but with 9.....

 

:clack:

 

 

Are NewJennies ever coming back?

 

I feel like we were ROBBEN of multiple comebacks by now :cries:

 

Like they really were too good to be true and their releases were EVENT after EVENT of excellence, excitement, and success 

 

It's sad cause no one is replacing them

 

 

2 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Mice you better be streaming :clack:

This is a miss comeback

 

Supernova and Whiplash deserved

 

The new leaders of Kpop :clap3: 

 

Congratulations Tarzzan, Bailey, Woochan, & Youngseo :clap3: 

The last time I mentioned NJ I had a bunch of loony's trying to jump me over my unbiased opinion and  slandered a Bots Stan. 

so I'll just shut up and let y'all discuss their downfall 

 

spacer.png

 


 

 

New it girl: Youngseo

New it boy: Tarzzan

 

Just accept it! Tarzzan's energy is infectious and he ate that encore up :jonny5: !!!!!! We just need to make sure the braids and grillz are gone for their comeback :heart2: 

16 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Mice you better be streaming :clack:

No shade we're streaming Lorde sunbaemin instead 

 

 

1 hour ago, Rhyme said:

Comeback on the first anniversary would be so iconic. 

 

spacer.png

The visual buffet in this pic. Gawon is so hot! :WAP:

35 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I don't know if I agree with that now that we have groups like aespa and NJZ, but I think kpop got stuck with safe concepts and talentless idols for over a decade because they were chasing an audience of westerner children who want idols who look and sound and act like real life anime characters. Even to this day that core kpop audience rejects almost anything that doesn't fit a very narrow preconception of what kpop is and sounds/looks like, check the reactions to Hot Sauce and Dirty Work. :clack:

The shade. Lol

4 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

No shade we're streaming Lorde sunbaemin instead 

 

 

girl bye

3 hours ago, Kwangya said:

Dirty Work's music video >>>>> the song itself

Literally the only reason why I stream the "song". DW video is their (second) best (after) Whipsmash :clap3:

2 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

The shade. Lol

I don't know how many more faceless survival show groups with zero vocalists but plenty of endorsement models I can take before I become a kpop anti :gaycat7:

Just now, Hazy said:

BP should surprise release the album tonight 

Album is generous it's one song :rip:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.