Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
Message added by Lee!!,
Help is available
Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: 9-8-8
Speak with a counselor today
800 273 8255

The Depression Lounge

Featured Replies

  • Replies 894
  • Views 57.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Everything is going fckng wrong, I see everyone around me doing so well and I feel like a failure. I went freelance trying to follow my passions and what I like and idk, maybe I just don't have it in

  • Graffiti
    Graffiti

    You are not a doctor and have no qualifications to be diagnosing anyone. Go troll somewhere else, this isn't the place.

  • As someone who is a few years away from their "four-zero" birthday, some additional old age advice is try to focus on the positive aspects of your life. There will always be challenges, and life will

On 8/15/2026 at 2:49 AM, jeauseph said:

everytime I reveal a part of myself that's rooted in insecurity up front it turns people away immediately. I might as well just accept that women will never be into me ever again and that men will only be into me from now on

Women?

On 8/16/2026 at 9:51 AM, jeauseph said:

okay it's always so insane how 24 hours really can change sh*t cause scratch this self-pitying defeatist attitude: I went out with a totally different crowd last night/this morning and several women were very up front about how they found me attractive and I even made out with one of them and it was so hot. like nvm lemme not carry that nasty energy even when it gets rough sometimes. I'm only now becoming the best Joe I can possibly be and it's getting better everyday clap3

You have borderline personality disorder, you need dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT) and no more DMT!!

On 8/20/2026 at 3:50 PM, Supervixen said:

Last night before going to bed I came across an Instagram reels of Courage the Cowardly Dog, he was crying while posting a letter in the mail with sad music in the background. For some reason it made me sob uncontrollably. I guess I'm not okay spin

Late last night I was fast asleep, you came to me in a dream...

You said, "Don't forget about me, don't forget to be happy"

So I hope you found... a higher ground, a higher ground

So I hope you found... a higher ground, a higher ground

You're fragile!

3 hours ago, StovePrincess4Ever said:

You have borderline personality disorder, you need dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT) and no more DMT!!

I've done DMT once and I hate it … try again

9 hours ago, StovePrincess4Ever said:

You have borderline personality disorder, you need dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT) and no more DMT!!

You are not a doctor and have no qualifications to be diagnosing anyone. Go troll somewhere else, this isn't the place.

32 minutes ago, Graffiti said:

You are not a doctor and have no qualifications to be diagnosing anyone. Go troll somewhere else, this isn't the place.

Except that I actually am! MD and proud, get gone.

On 8/29/2026 at 7:14 PM, StovePrincess4Ever said:

Except that I actually am! MD and proud, get gone.

You're too old to lie on the Internet...

Show proof or begone

kukai

  • 2 weeks later...

I feel I am in such a depressive rut ever since my dog passed away.

The best way I can describe it is, I feel I am in a room where I paint the walls white to cover the blackness and make everything look okay - and for a moment I feel 'refreshed', but almost instantly the paint starts to peel off and the room is black again and I feel I lack the energy to try to paint those walls again.

I have fallen so behind in work, it's not even funny. I got a new dog, who I think is making it not as hard - but then I run into the "am I horrible for getting a new dog so shortly after my soul dog passed away" conundrum.

I feel stuck. I don't want to work. I don't want to socialize. I just want to be at home and rot on my couch.

23 hours ago, Mezik said:

I feel I am in such a depressive rut ever since my dog passed away.

The best way I can describe it is, I feel I am in a room where I paint the walls white to cover the blackness and make everything look okay - and for a moment I feel 'refreshed', but almost instantly the paint starts to peel off and the room is black again and I feel I lack the energy to try to paint those walls again.

I have fallen so behind in work, it's not even funny. I got a new dog, who I think is making it not as hard - but then I run into the "am I horrible for getting a new dog so shortly after my soul dog passed away" conundrum.

I feel stuck. I don't want to work. I don't want to socialize. I just want to be at home and rot on my couch.

I feel you so much heart

What helps me overcome this type of grief is perspective. In the end we will all leave the earth, animals, humans, we love and we let go.

Reflect on all of the good memories.

Cherish the times you had and I hope sooner or later when you think of him, it can eventually bring you a smile instead of feeling stuck. It takes time.

The state of the world is genuinely getting to me. Everything just keeps getting worse, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, AI is ruining the economy, xenophobia/racism/right wing bs is on the rise

I just feel so defeated lately man. It's like I genuinely cannot comprehend how evil the world is and it's affecting me mentally.

I think I've lost my hope tbh, I used to be able to find it if I tried really hard but it's like out of reach to me now. Life is bleak.

So my dad was murdered November 2016. His birthday is tomorrow. One of my favorite song was released on September 18, 2018. So I am not ok. The killer(s) has/have not still been found. I'm trying to hold but it's taking everything in me to not snap.

I feel like my anxiety is really starting to relapse. I wasn't expecting this since I had so many exciting plans for the rest of the year, but mentally I've just found myself catastrophizing again and again. Things got better for a while after my last post in July but idk, I've been ruminating a lot about my life again. I think it's because my birthday is in two months and it's gotten me thinking again about how I'm in my late twenties and feeling so unaccomplished, but at the same time I've accepted that this is a normal phase that a lot of people go through. It just feels bizarre because I was so at peace with my direction in life but all of the sudden I'm having these self-doubts again. chick3

I'm going to a Tyler Childers concert at least in two weeks and that's boosted my mood a bit. One thing I want to start doing is treating myself more and doing stuff for myself and celebrating those things. I put so much on my self-worth on career stuff but don't realize that there are still things like this that I can enjoy while I'm in this uncertain phase in life!! I'm just a little worried about how things will be after the concert, but at least the holidays are coming soon and I generally feel better during that period.

Edited by Jotham

My dad has surgery tomorrow to extract a kidney stone and im so scared
i feel like crying. In these two months like more than bad 20 things-events happened to us.
From an easier really peaceful endless summer vacation batch of years 2022-2025 to struggle really bad this year 2026
Life is of course not perfect and this is one of those years where your on your way down to the roller coaser
im glad i have atrl to erase my stress but is like damn......
Just venting a bit
Also sending healing to everyone here. Hope things get better for you all heart
and the stars shine again or for the first time fan2

well b*tch I'm back on SSRIs lmao

after explaining to my therapist/psych how my symptoms have been steadily evolving this year, to the point where I was sleeping next to a loaded gun, they were like "UMMMMM......so let's go ahead and fill that TODAY"

the next few weeks are probably going to be annoying while I get readjusted to them but whatever

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.