Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

I call upon the mystical deities of Chromatica to summon the OGH called @MaRy to see into the future and tell us if LG7 will flop or succeed. Show yourself demon!

 

trisha-trisha-paytas.png

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

 What if Happy Mistakes  is about her experience filming the movie? She was going to be the lead actress, but then her scenes were cut, but she learned from the experience, and so it was a happy mistake. And she keeps promoting the movie 'cause the show must go on. :nicole2:

25 minutes ago, Mariah4life said:

so what happened to the 12 minute standing ovation at the Film festival?

moo.png

They were glad it was over 

:suburban:

9 minutes ago, Archetype said:

It was the complete lack of passion on her end.  We know *as a fact* that she did not want to record an album, any album, at the point in her life.  She was very depressed, in pain from Fibro, and sold her IG page to random brands ranging from cookie companies to champagne to watches to supercars, etc.  She gave us Haus Labs like there was no tomorrow but couldn't post an at home acoustic performance of her music.  Even in her interview with Zane Lowe, you can hear her BSing her way through answers just because she felt like she needed to be there.  I don't even need to go into the ways she abandoned the era after ROM, the pre-recorded 911 MV, and contractual obligations to MTV.  It was, as a long time fan, the biggest let down I've experienced, and I was there during AP.  Chromatica was her worst era by far, even if it was relatively successful. 

this may be true, but Chromatica is probably her most personal album to date. behind the beats, there are some really sad lyrics.

Everyone is saying the cinematography is beautiful, the acting is insane, the musical numbers well executed, nice score, etc. But then they rate the film 2/10 :toofunny3:

Sorry, but critics go crazy just for good acting and cute cinematography even if the movie sucks (spencer). I don't know, it feels like they're being a little to harsh just to look cool. I'm keeping my mind open, I hope I can watch the movie tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Sheep said:

One of the premieres was actually cancelled because of Joaquin's antics unrelated to FAD. The industry is very tight-knit and his antics have put enough people out of work that large numbers of people at least know somebody who was negatively affected or even financially ruined because of him.

 

Gaga is campaigning almost completely by herself because it would be very very bad to be parading Joaquin around film press at current. WB keeping him at arms length and only showing when it would be rude not to was the only shot this film had at any sort of good reception but he's obviously tainted the well because the reviews are delusional. 

 

If anything all of this is just strengthening her relationship with Warner for at least trying to steer a sinking ship in the correct direction.

I'm not a movie person (or a movie industry) at all so this is interesting stuff to learn about! It makes sense that especially after the recent bailing out of that gay-themed movie that it probably wouldn't be the best to idea to show him around everywhere in order to promote the movie. Kind of classless and insensitive. Didn't realize that Joaquin also had previous bad behavior as well (if I'm understand you right). 

Little monsters used to be one of the biggest and most dedicated fan bases but the way she operated her career for the last decade, since cheek to cheek, prioritizing GP and industry respect over LM, we see the impact of that now, Lots of ppl respect her and love her past but she just no longer has swifties/hive/barbz level of stans buying everything she releases. It's all about choices. 

7 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

this may be true, but Chromatica is probably her most personal album to date. behind the beats, there are some really sad lyrics.

100%, I wasn't dragging the album at all, just the era itself.  I actually think Chromatica is a really solid pop album that deserved so much more.

lbr if she survived Artpop and the blowback from that R Kelly collab, she can damn well survive a movie flopping

 

:gaygacat4:

2 minutes ago, Kimi said:

Little monsters used to be one of the biggest and most dedicated fan bases but the way she operated her career for the last decade, since cheek to cheek, prioritizing GP and industry respect over LM, we see the impact of that now, Lots of ppl respect her and love her past but she just no longer has swifties/hive/barbz level of stans buying everything she releases. It's all about choices. 

all she has to do is finally release Starstruck as a single and we're back

2 minutes ago, Kimi said:

she just no longer has swifties/hive/barbz level

We as a fanbase single-handedly propelled Stupid Larva to #5 though! :coffee:

20 minutes ago, Archetype said:

It was the complete lack of passion on her end.  We know *as a fact* that she did not want to record an album, any album, at the point in her life.  She was very depressed, in pain from Fibro, and sold her IG page to random brands ranging from cookie companies to champagne to watches to supercars, etc.  She gave us Haus Labs like there was no tomorrow but couldn't post an at home acoustic performance of her music.  Even in her interview with Zane Lowe, you can hear her BSing her way through answers just because she felt like she needed to be there.  I don't even need to go into the ways she abandoned the era after ROM, the pre-recorded 911 MV, and contractual obligations to MTV.  It was, as a long time fan, the biggest let down I've experienced, and I was there during AP.  Chromatica was her worst era by far, even if it was relatively successful. 

Truer tea hath ne'er been spilt prior or hence

Just now, kudmips7890 said:

We as a fanbase single-handedly propelled Stupid Larva to #5 though! :coffee:

it was us and gp that made asib a smash but ues, we were much bigger in 2020 than we are now. those last 4 years really did something to the base but my point was that it all started in 2014

5 minutes ago, Kimi said:

Little monsters used to be one of the biggest and most dedicated fan bases but the way she operated her career for the last decade, since cheek to cheek, prioritizing GP and industry respect over LM, we see the impact of that now, Lots of ppl respect her and love her past but she just no longer has swifties/hive/barbz level of stans buying everything she releases. It's all about choices. 

This is tea. If she continues with traditional pop she'll continue to have very small openings, and her pop music will have diminishing returns too. 

This is a great convo, and many points are being made. At the end of the day, I hope y'all can still appreciate the work she's doing even if other fanbases are deadset on trying to make you miserable when she's feeding us like it's 2011.

 

I do think the past nearly five years has really dampened the engagement of her core 'LM' fanbase. I wonder if the release of LG7 (if it the single it needs to be) will bring all her wayward fans back into the fold.

 

30 minutes ago, Archetype said:

It was the complete lack of passion on her end.  We know *as a fact* that she did not want to record an album, any album, at the point in her life.  She was very depressed, in pain from Fibro, and sold her IG page to random brands ranging from cookie companies to champagne to watches to supercars, etc.  She gave us Haus Labs like there was no tomorrow but couldn't post an at home acoustic performance of her music.  Even in her interview with Zane Lowe, you can hear her BSing her way through answers just because she felt like she needed to be there.  I don't even need to go into the ways she abandoned the era after ROM, the pre-recorded 911 MV, and contractual obligations to MTV.  It was, as a long time fan, the biggest let down I've experienced, and I was there during AP.  Chromatica was her worst era by far, even if it was relatively successful. 

No I mean I completely hear all of these things, and of course know from watching her interviews during the Chromatica era her passion for being active in music had dwindled. And I'm looking forward to LG7 since she seems very happy and passionate about her current and upcoming projects, but I was meaning more from a musicality perspective I don't know why it would have caused a sudden drop in her fanbase - but as I said in my previous post I understand music is a subjective art form so it's not gonna be for everyone. I understand as an era it was a shift from everything really that came before it, but I think unfortunately with the odd brand deals, selling her instagram, Haus Labs spam it's probably going to be here to stay regardless of how much more passionate she is for her music at the moment. Just as an example, I can only imagine Haus Labs was one her bigger, if not her biggest, source of income over the past few years. And I think especially with the expectancy she'll be taking a prolonged hiatus after LG7 to concentrate on her family, I can't imagine she'll be very open about her family life when that time comes, so I imagine that'll be of high reliance for her during that time too.

 

So yeah, I of course see the gripes but I guess I think her career is just naturally different now.

Edited by Jack!

20 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

I'm not a movie person (or a movie industry) at all so this is interesting stuff to learn about! It makes sense that especially after the recent bailing out of that gay-themed movie that it probably wouldn't be the best to idea to show him around everywhere in order to promote the movie. Kind of classless and insensitive. Didn't realize that Joaquin also had previous bad behavior as well (if I'm understand you right). 

He threatened to back out of Napoleon and forced rewrites right as they started shooting(and allegedly did something similar with jfad but that's hearsay afaik).

 

He keeps pulling this move and its caused a lot of damage to his reputation.

Edited by Sheep

2 minutes ago, Jack! said:

No I mean I completely hear all of these things, and of course know from watching her interviews during the Chromatica era her passion for being active in music had dwindled. And I'm looking forward to LG7 since she seems very happy and passionate about her current and upcoming projects, but I was meaning more from a musicality perspective I don't know why it would have caused a sudden drop in her fanbase - but as I said in my previous post I understand music is a subjective art form so it's not gonna be for everyone. I understand as an era it was a shift from everything really that came before it, but I think unfortunately with the odd brand deals, selling her instagram, Haus Labs spam it's probably going to be here to stay regardless of how much more passionate she is for her music at the moment. Just as an example, I can only imagine Haus Labs was one her bigger if not her biggest source of income over the past few years, and I think especially with the expectancy she'll be taking a prolonged hiatus after LG7 to concentrate on her family, I can't imagine she'll be very open about her family life when that time comes, so I imagine that'll be of high reliance for her during that time too.

 

So yeah, I of course she the gripes but I guess I think her career is just naturally different now.

Her gradual transition into a jazz bomb artist and Sephora seller :eli: 

Edited by hausofbryan

12 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

This is tea. If she continues with traditional pop she'll continue to have very small openings, and her pop music will have diminishing returns too. 

If this was true the Shallow/MR crowd would have vanished in the past 6 years but DWAS is her biggest ballad. There was a 7 year gap between ARTPOP and Chromatica and she scored one of her biggest hits and most of her biggest tour dates. Gaga is immensely talented and she can take these breaks between her ventures and still come back successfully if she tries hard enough. The pandemic really derailed her career and I think this content bukkake is an earnest attempt to fix that and bring all of her split fanbases back together.

Edited by Sheep

3 minutes ago, Arthoe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

god i hate Strackstruck with such a passion :rip: 

 

what is this opinion

 

ezgif-com-resize-1.jpg

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

This is tea. If she continues with traditional pop she'll continue to have very small openings, and her pop music will have diminishing returns too. 

I doubt she cares. And she probably wants her early stans either grow with her or get lost. You either join her journey of a pop/jazz hybrid singer or you leave. She doesn't want the stans who still have unrealistic expectations that she will do another GP BOP album and have major success again like TF/TFM. And guess what? She is immune to flopping now, she can flop commercially but can still have songs that smash, like DWAS. This is the normal progression of aging female pop stars, she at least has the talent to survive the de-stan-lization. I love her as a person and her talent and I decided to grow with her anyway, but I see why many of us decided to leave.

5 minutes ago, CoolNebraskaGuy said:

This is a great convo, and many points are being made. At the end of the day, I hope y'all can still appreciate the work she's doing even if other fanbases are deadset on trying to make you miserable when she's feeding us like it's 2011.

 

I do think the past nearly five years has really dampened the engagement of her core 'LM' fanbase. I wonder if the release of LG7 (if it the single it needs to be) will bring all her wayward fans back into the fold.

 

i mean we are still here, even tho early gaga is peak to me i still like her more recent releases, i like harlequin and im not bashing her, she did what she wanted. i'm just trying to look at her career to understand how could someone like her not debut inside top 10. again not a success stan but she used to have THE fanbase. not feeding those TF-TFM-BTW little monsters, the ones that made her queen of pop, that has consequences and i think we're seeing them now. whether she cares or not, that's a different conversation. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.