Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

I may avoid atrl for a couple of days because of the annoying threads but still loving gar and looking forward to go watch J;FAD this weekend.

 

See u next week babes :bird:

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

7 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

 

9yP2ZAH.gif

 

WE CHEERED! I still think a 72-78 is the ideal range for this, but I'll take a 70. Looks much better than being in the 60s. 
 

listened to the project again after taking a break from it for a day… it really does have some amazing moments. Half the album is legit great…

 

close to you, happy mistake, the joker, world on a string, that's life all feel like career highlights I'll actually revisit 

i think watching the movie made the listening experience better for Harlequin bc scenes from the movie can now be attached to the songs even if Gaga didnt sing them at all.

I took a couple days away from obsessively checking DWAS on radio … wow!

 

I know the updates have been small, but it's doing AMAZING on KIIS and Z100 today! Big improvements, especially on the later who was playing it half as much this time last week.

40 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Just bought Harlequin on iTunes :gaycat1:Hope my CD comes by tomorrow 

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

 

9yP2ZAH.gif

 

from the Sputnik review 4.2/5

 

Quote

…she sounds truly uninhibited and willing to do just whatever the hell she wants in service of entertainment for the first time in a long time. 

Quote

Harlequin is a brash and goofy mess that will surely be kryptonite to those who were never willing to buy into her many, many eccentricities. For everyone else, it's a three-word proclamation: GAGA IS BACK.

 

Wth is wrong with Rolling Stone. They snubbed  Die with a Smile for a nomination for Grammy Song of the Year? Not even a nomination?

Just saw fad and… I didn't hate it! I guess if I hadn't read everyone's thought about it first I would've come out hating it. Since I was expecting the worse I didn't mind it. 

 

it just felt unnecessary… and I could tell there could've been a great movie under all of it maybe with some else directing which is the most frustrating part. The ideas are there and I felt the jukebox musical part of it worked at times but most scenes just went nowhere
 

Anyways Gar is an ACTRESS we just need better projects now. But lord the way she commands the screen!! That's mother

 

:zsgaymuscat:

Edited by Velvet

I do agree with previous pages: her immediate, core little monster fanbase does feel noticeably smaller now than it did in 2020, which also felt smaller than it did in 2016…

 

But the opposite end is also true. In 2024, she feels bigger and more universally loved by the general public than she did in 2020, and 2020 was a huge improvement from 2016.

 

It's interesting to see her core, highly

involved fanbase get smaller while her love outside the fanbase gets bigger. 
 

There's definitely tons of pages of discussion we could have as to why this is, and this isn't necessarily a bad or good thing, it just is what it is. But it definitely feels true based on my perception of it

 

Spoiler

Counterpoint: her fanbase may not've shrunk, it just may be way less engaged/deeply involved as we used to be. Which is fair considering us aging as well as her being fairly inactive musically for the last 8 years. 

 

Also 

 

Spoiler

Did anyone else feel like Gar was originally supposed to kill him and they changed it last minute? :rip:

 

that's how it felt like where it was going, and then she just randomly disappears. And it would explain all her cut scenes. Since most of them probably built to it once she's pissed about him denouncing joker 

 

1 minute ago, Mariah4life said:

The race to 40s

moo.png

 

Pr4NXUo.png

The way it's already at 2.8 on LB

 

:deadbanana4:

5 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Wth is wrong with Rolling Stone. They snubbed  Die with a Smile for a nomination for Grammy Song of the Year? Not even a nomination?

When do these publications ever get their predictions right for noms and wins. They're nearly advertising the artists they favour the most tbh. The song will be nominated don't care what anyone says. 

13 minutes ago, AlGreRithm said:

from the Sputnik review 4.2/5

 

 

LOVE THIS REVIEW! Perfectly said. It's over the top and Gaga at her core! No wonder why I love it so much. Though it may not be a traditional dance pop Gaga album, Gaga's personality and everything that makes her fun and exciting is ALL over the album.

Truly becoming a panned mess and Commercial flop!

oh Flopie a deux

6 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Wth is wrong with Rolling Stone. They snubbed  Die with a Smile for a nomination for Grammy Song of the Year? Not even a nomination?

 

2 minutes ago, Mariah4life said:

The race to 40s

moo.png

 

Pr4NXUo.png

Well, let's just celebrate!

 

wendy-williams-music.gif

  • Author

I watched JFAD yesterday and...oh boy.

Spoiler

First things first, Gaga was absolutely spectacular in the film—she stole the show every time she was on screen. I didn't mind the timing since it's a Joker film, not Harley's. Joaquin was brilliant as always. My main complaint is the editing; it felt a bit wonky at times, with abrupt cuts that left me wondering what scenes were missing. The overall issue is that this film didn't really bring anything new—it felt unnecessary, almost like a cash grab.

The cinematography was on point, and the musical numbers were amazing, but the film as a whole just felt 'eh.'

 

Spoiler Alert Spoiler Alert Spoiler Alert 

 

Remember that clip where Gaga kisses a girl and tells her she's going to hell too? They obviously cut that part, but left in the scene where she's just smoking in the same outfit. It didn't feel necessary. Including the kiss would've made the scene make more sense.

When Joker came down the stairs to see Lee, I was so hyped to see 'That's Entertainment' play, but I ended up disappointed by the scene. The Twitter version of it was much better.

 

Overall, I'd give the film a 2.5/5, which is kind of crazy considering I gave House of Gucci and its messy editing a 3.5, and A Star Is Born a 4.5.

 

just saw the movie and i love it, its really really good. shes basically in the whole movie not just 50min 

  • Author
Just now, Velvet said:

 

Also 

 

  Hide contents

Did anyone else feel like Gar was originally supposed to kill him and they changed it last minute? :rip:

 

that's how it felt like where it was going, and then she just randomly disappears. And it would explain all her cut scenes. Since most of them probably built to it once she's pissed about him denouncing joker 

 

Spoiler

Yes :rip:

 also mentioned this in my review. The way they made her sing in that tone was so just....like what the **** was that? You could tell she was really pissed off.

 

harlequin sounds even better after watching the movie 

1 minute ago, daniela monquelat said:

just saw the movie and i love it, its really really good. shes basically in the whole movie not just 50min 

What is the truth then? Some people said 50min, some said 25min, you said wholr movie? I mean by whole movie you mean other characters talk/mention about her character then.... 

 

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

11 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

What is the truth then? Some people said 50min, some said 25min, you said wholr movie? I mean by whole movie you mean other characters talk/mention about her character then.... 

 

She's there for most of it, but a lot her scenes are short or she's not doing much

 

you can tell her role was reduced

 

:grump:

12 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

What is the truth then? Some people said 50min, some said 25min, you said wholr movie? I mean by whole movie you mean other characters talk/mention about her character then.... 

 

my session start at 21:30pm and her last scene was at the end of the movie almost midnight so... 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.