Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Archetype

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Archetype

  1. Tinashe loves both Xtina and Britney, but there is a lot more Britney in some of her music than there is Xtina.
  2. The Official Council of Liddos does not claim OP nor do we endorse this message To the Born Brave Bus they go!
  3. Dissecting why the album has 31 songs is maybe worth a few sentences in a review. I truly believe reviews should focus on the quality of the music and its components. Of course, music does not exist in isolation, but one should be able to listen to a song and form an honest opinion on its musical components before jumping to conclusions or over-indexing on the artist's social life and reputation. I think all pop artists are victims of very shallow and surface-level reviews. However, critics absolutely need to be opinionated, and I do not think one can remain "objective" about music when the very process of determining quality requires subjectivity. Furthermore, and I said this in my prior comment, critics are paid to do this and chosen specifically because they are supposed to possess skills, experience, and dedication to analyzing, contextualizing, and explaining music. They are supposed to be better at doing this than you and I, and, again, we should be grateful for the few good critics who still go out of their way to seriously review an album. Critics who are overly swayed by social media and public opinions of an artist or their music are NOT good critics and should be replaced by the countless people who would love to get paid to what they probably already do online for free.
  4. Tinashe is very humble for not dragging her harder. Tinashe has been working her ass off in the music industry for almost 20 years at this point trying to get to where she is today... to be able to make money from touring, be allowed by past labels to release music, go independent and finance three projects herself, and eventually sign to her friend and collaborator's label. Look at the effort she puts into her videos, her imagery, her choreo, MVs, live performances, etc. I'd be insulted as hell if I was her. All Shygirl had to do was show up and "perform" a few songs for each date.
  5. Publications review albums they deem worthy to listen to, paid or not. I find it hard to believe Katy's label paid P4K to drag her ruthlessly for several albums in a row, she'd be better off having less album reviews than more. So, while I agree publications can be bought out and coerced to give favorable reviews, that is often paired with a general positive social consensus (often amplified by non-critical publications) to give unrealistically positive reviews at times (see: Lemonade, Evermore).
  6. No I openly tell people I am 103 years old because that is the truth
  7. That show took place 10-18 years ago when he was really young. Most people who were ripped in their early 20's are now overweight or worse. I feel bad for what he's went through, it's not easy. Hopefully he's doing better and can focus on his own health.
  8. Ehh I think we should at least respect the idea of a critic by profession and then, ideally, hope publications do proper vetting before hiring them as contributors or writers. Tbh I wouldn't keep someone on my payroll if they were so easily swayed by public opinion and social media when they're being paid to quite literally have their own opinion.
  9. @Axolotl Did you enjoy stalking my posts across the forum just to downvote me?
  10. I don't fully respect critics that have such drastic changes in opinion on music over time. It just tells me that they're not very good critics.
  11. An elderly gay couple walked past me while holding hands yesterday and I realized I hadn't seen something like that in a very long time. They looked to be in their late 70's to mid 80's, in full grandpa attire, and they still had each other. Very beautiful.
  12. Girl you sound like you want the world to burn at this point. There is no end of the "state of the US" that allows our (and your) survival, so let's not. Americans can end this at the voting booths, and I think they will. Positive change, and undoing what has been done, will take a long time, but it will be significantly better than the continued fast downward spiral the world is heading towards sparked by the Dump administration.
  13. Rihanna is late to absolutely everything, and she's been doing it since forever. Anyone who invites her to anything knows this and doesn't care, so he should probably shut up because absolutely no one would miss him if he didn't show up.
  14. I completely forgot it's not on the album. She honestly should, it's sonically not that different.
  15. Maybe my wording is not clear. I didn't mean most Americans are particularly violent or criminals. I'm trying to say that because we have a massive population compared to most countries, we are naturally going to have a larger criminal population as well.
  16. Not this happening at Lycée Victor Hugo out of all schools. Never thought the trust fund kids would be throwing gasoline around like that
  17. All of Tinashe's albums are better than Rihanna's, except for ANTI. That album is better than anything Tinashe is capable of making.
  18. Suddenly Gaga is booking tickets to... wherever that is!
  19. But she also said she consented to having intercourse with the men, and as another user posted above, one of the men she consented to have intercourse with kicked out people who entered the room, before she consented to have intercourse again. So... why is she on record consenting to intercourse twice and even corroborated the defendants' claim that people were kicked out who weren't invited? It's very messy. I feel very bad for her, and in the end, it does sound like she was indeed raped, but without any undeniable irrefutable proof that the intercourse did evolve into rape, and that her withdrawal was clearly communicated and heard by the defendants, it might not be possible to convict anyone of rape. Maybe there is a path to convict the men who sent Snapchat messages of something, but again, it probably won't be of rape.
  20. You're clearly trolling
  21. The cost of a lethal injection is in no way more expensive than the cost of keeping a human alive and "cared for" for decades. I'm not sure if you're based in the US or not, but we have an enormous population, of which a disproportionate amount of people commit jail-worthy crimes, which are then living on taxpayer money for their time in jail AND they get legally mandated free healthcare! And yet, we can't even provide that for people who aren't in jail, what a weird concept.
  22. I do struggle with this because I definitely do not want my tax money put towards keeping people like her alive when it should be going towards healthcare and better quality of life services.
  23. It deserves to be nominated and win, which means it won't win. AOTY almost always goes to the most mid yet commercially successful album (Taylor's album's, Bad Bunny, Harry, etc) unless there is a strong narrative of an artist being long overdue for a win (Beyoncé). I think Madonna fans should take the critical acclaim and #1 as all the "proof" anyone would need to know that she's untouchable, and that she is one of the most impressive and influential artists in modern history.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.