Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Miracle said:

Make it or break it? After 16 years? Y'all crazy. She's a cemented legend.

 

 

This. She is a music legend. 
 

J:Fad will make Gaga an acting legend. 
 

An acting and music legend? Very few pop girlies have that. 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

8 minutes ago, CoolNebraskaGuy said:

 

 

I won't get too into it since this is Gaga her base, but Cowboy Carter is genuinely an amazing album- there's really nothing like it that I've ever heard and that's truly impressive. If you look at the producer credits, it took a lot of incredibly talented people to make an album that monumental. I can hardly fathom what kind of madness Gaga could create if she allowed other talented folks to help her bring her ambitions to fruition.

 

Now sis. Like 80% of that album is samples and covers. You've heard most of these songs before :gaycat6:

 

The truth is, Gaga is always held at a higher standard than the other girls. Part of it is that she moves a slower pace so the hype for her music projects are always unreasonably high. People demand the next Bad Romance from her every time

Just now, TrymeB said:

This. She is a music legend. 
 

J:Fad will make Gaga an acting legend. 
 

An acting and music legend? Very few pop girlies have that. 

Not an acting legend :rip: but she's definitely working her way there. 

7 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

I feel like fans have said this about every album since ARTPOP. Fans keep saying that every album is make it or break it, but she has kind of proved that is not true. As long as she keeps snatching exciting movie roles, she will be a force in all spheres of pop culture. 
 

Kind of want her to release Joanne 2.0 just to see the meltdowns here. And then in 2028 after Gaga stars in a standalone Harley Quinn movie fans will say, "LG8 needs to be her magnum opus!!! If not shes a dirty legacy act!”

I didn't say she will fade into irrelevancy? She will always be an A lister and a huge name as long as she keeps snatching big roles and/or doing Oscar bait films.

 

If you think Chromatica truly lives up to her talent and what she's capable of doing then...there's no point in having this debate :coffee2:

 

6 minutes ago, CoolNebraskaGuy said:

Knowing her team there's going to be ZERO pressure on her to get the album out in a reasonable timeframe. I am fully prepared for ASIB -> LG6 all over again.

 

Who knows- maybe another pandemic will come along and allow her to abandon LG7 like a sinking ship :sadviolin:

 

 

And that's why I stopped having any expectations:sadviolin:

Edited by State of Grace.

2 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Now sis. Like 80% of that album is samples and covers. You've heard most of these songs before :gaycat6:

gagged them

1 minute ago, CovalentBondage said:

Not an acting legend :rip: but she's definitely working her way there. 

Gaga carried ASIB and HoG on her shoulders. She was the STAR in both of these BO HIT movies and her acting was acclaimed universally. Another BO hit with acclaim will make her an acting legend.  

2 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Make it or break it? After 16 years? Y'all crazy. She's a cemented legend.

 

 

We're speaking specifically to her musical career going forward. I reckon most of us are here because of her music (at least originally). It's been over a decade since Gaga had a standalone album that was reflective of her status as a force in pop music. Meanwhile, her peers (Beyonce and Taylor) and even her progeny (like Ariana) have continued to release new music and achieve new levels of success and acclaim. They will never have her title as an actress, but she's been eclipsed musically for some time now. 

 

Of course, she is a dynamic and relentlessly talented artist. She will remain a legend one way or another- she's shown that in spades.  

I can forgive her for not striking while the iron was hot after ASIB because the project itself felt like it's own album era so it didn't get in the way of me longing for more music from her. Plus she got a #1 song and produced several new classics in her catalogue. I'm not sure the musical aspect of JFAD will produce the same results, despite the movie hopefully being a huge success so it is definitely important they've got good material (she seems confident about it in that birthday post so hopefully that's a good sign) ready to go at the right moment, no later than Q1 2025. I know she doesn't like to be doing two things at once and I'm sure they'll be meriting an Oscar campaign but she can do that while promoting her new pop album. And someone at her team needs to tell her that. :skull: Because actually the problem with it coming before or around the same time as the movie is she'll just treat the record as a throwaway.

I see Gaga finally followed Michael on instagram. I didn't know he had a daughter. 

 

 

We don't talk enough about this classic

 

It's giving The Shape of Water and gagged me a bit. Can't wait to see the poster up in my local cinema, it finally feels real :WAP:

I'm not a huge fan of the poster, it looks too polished, a bit IA. I hope we get some news about the soundtrack soon, still hoping there's the Cell Block Tango cover on it! :WAP:

That press tour will be something for the books. Looks, attitude, Phoenix and Gaga polar opposite character. R.E.A.D.Y

22 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Now sis. Like 80% of that album is samples and covers. You've heard most of these songs before :gaycat6:

 

The truth is, Gaga is always held at a higher standard than the other girls. Part of it is that she moves a slower pace so the hype for her music projects are always unreasonably high. People demand the next Bad Romance from her every time

Girl the album is magnificent. There are two covers, and the samples are very well integrated into the music. They are referential and reverent without being kitschy or trite.

 

Gaga is held to a higher standard because she literally reshaped pop music in her own image for 3 years. Very few artists have achieved that, and those that have went on to have decades of success in the music scene. She set that bar high with her debut.

I've been so much happier since I started pretending this is actually her, I don't even need LG7 anymore she can keep it. Matter fact un-post the Joker poster

The "Shu-shut the system" part alone... 

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by viego

8 minutes ago, CoolNebraskaGuy said:

Girl the album is magnificent. There are two covers, and the samples are very well integrated into the music. They are referential and reverent without being kitschy or trite.

 

Gaga is held to a higher standard because she literally reshaped pop music in her own image for 3 years. Very few artists have achieved that, and those that have went on to have decades of success in the music scene. She set that bar high with her debut.

Like why is having samples even still being used as a drag? I mean unless you're using them like Ava Max and Nicki Minaj which is just copy & paste

@CoolNebraskaGuy and @State of Grace. spilling today but looks like half of y'all aren't ready for that conversation

 

Tea Time Omg GIF

Even though I'm hyped for the trailer, I'd still wait for the MC & RT reviews to confirm whether this could be Gaga's third imperial phase or not :biblionny:

 

I am more hopeful for the quality of LG7 than I was for LG6. This time around she looks very happy and inspired, I think a career highlight is waiting for us :WAP: 

10 minutes ago, H34rtOfCharcoal said:

@CoolNebraskaGuy and @State of Grace. spilling today but looks like half of y'all aren't ready for that conversation

 

Tea Time Omg GIF

We say what we are because we care

 

200.gif?cid=a595bef34nhpw5xewpeq56rczu8r

Some of you do come across as big time haters the way you're always bashing other successful female artists for no reason :bam: That said, I don't think there's any point in comparing someone like beyonce to Gaga. Their process and style of music is so different it seems weird to compare their output, though I do agree it would be nice to see Gaga take on the same level of professionalism

3 minutes ago, Ego. said:

Some of you do come across as big time haters the way you're always bashing other successful female artists for no reason :bam: That said, I don't think there's any point in comparing someone like beyonce to Gaga. Their process and style of music is so different it seems weird to compare their output, though I do agree it would be nice to see Gaga take on the same level of professionalism

This is the Gaga base. Gaga is #1 in here 

If we do really have to wait until next year for LG7, I do at least hope it will have a longer length than her past couple releases. I know streaming has been making projects shorter, but it's sad to see her albums become shorter and shorter since BTW :sosad: Lengths including all officially released songs:

 

The Fame - 60 minutes

The Fame Monster - 34 minutes

Born This Way - 73 minutes

ARTPOP - 59 minutes

Joanne - 47 minutes

Chromatica - 43 minutes

 

I know she can technically still release a good short album but something about her longer projects just hit more. I also want some experimental detours in the production which would likely require a longer length.

 

200.gif?cid=a595bef34nhpw5xewpeq56rczu8r

Edited by Chaos Angel

2 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

This is the Gaga base. Gaga is #1 in here 

Where did I imply otherwise? Just weird that some users can't have her as #1 without trashing others

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.