Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, Kimi said:

from her perspetive, or idk pop music scholar perspetive - yes she doesn't have to do anything else, shes already iconic. im not anti classic album lmao but i also understand whyit might never come. just being real.

You're being real but I'm clinging to hope like a mole on Gaga's face during the Judas era :fish2:

 

 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Just now, Leptine said:

I don't judge a music project based on a pushed 'narrative' behind it, I couldn't care less about 'narratives' and who has the better PR machine behind to create them, I judge the music with my own taste.

 

'Joanne' was and remains a valid album and project to me, regardless of the 'dead aunt' narrative behind it.

you don't but ppl do, def critics and her peers. modern art is all about narrative since almost everything is subjective.

3 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

She might think like that yeah, which is why I'm constantly hoping for her to find more passion/inspiration. All of her best material came out when she felt like she had something to prove.

well she said shes writing her best songs ever

nicki-minaj-yelling.png

Crossed 100k likes :clap3:

Spoiler

Discussing Film tweet will cross that mark soon as well

 

 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

36 minutes ago, Leptine said:

It's honestly kind of crazy how her Jazz/Traditional music skills started with the first Tony duet so many years ago are going to be showcased to a very big general audience, it's truly like she was destined to make this project.

It's sad that Tony isn't here to see this. He would of been proud of her for brining traditional music to the GP

1 minute ago, Kimi said:

well she said shes writing her best songs ever

nicki-minaj-yelling.png

Saying that was so out of character for her (at least post-ARTPOP), I think it might actually be true. 

3 minutes ago, Kimi said:

well she said shes writing her best songs ever

nicki-minaj-yelling.png

I'll believe it when I hear it. I still have a good feeling about the album but I refuse to get hyped.

nicki-minaj-yelling.png

9 minutes ago, Kimi said:

you don't but ppl do, def critics and her peers. modern art is all about narrative since almost everything is subjective.

My argument was not specifically about acclaim-critics.

 

it's more in general and related also to this fanbase reception of a project that always need an external validation (indeed acclaim, awards or sales) in order to be fully supportive of Gaga project with the tendency to see what the others are doing often as 'better'.

 

 

20 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

While it would be cool for Gar to release an album produced impeccably like Bey, there's an authenticity to Gaga's music that Bey is just lacking imo. Yeah, writing camps can make you an incredible album, but to this day I have no idea what Bey's authentic voice is in her music. Plus, Gaga tried passing around her music during Chrome and it just didn't work imo. Max Martin didn't help her for ****. :skull:

Honestly I felt this way until Cowboy Carter. Beyonce's voice comes through in her projects, especially everything since 4 back in 2011. She does rely on massive teams to create the exact sound she wants and sometimes it sounds overly engineered, but CC really conveys her vision so excellently. C'est incroyable 

 

I don't fully agree with the idea that Gaga having a broad team is why Chromatica didn't resonate with casual audiences. She was pretty candid in the 2 interviews she did that she had to be dragged into the studio by Bloodpop. There are moments of pure brilliance on Chromatica, but at times it feels incohesive and phoned in and I think that speaks more to her emotional state during it's creation. 

3 minutes ago, CoolNebraskaGuy said:

Honestly I felt this way until Cowboy Carter. Beyonce's voice comes through in her projects, especially everything since 4 back in 2011. She does rely on massive teams to create the exact sound she wants and sometimes it sounds overly engineered, but CC really conveys her vision so excellently. C'est incroyable 

 

I don't fully agree with the idea that Gaga having a broad team is why Chromatica didn't resonate with casual audiences. She was pretty candid in the 2 interviews she did that she had to be dragged into the studio by Bloodpop. There are moments of pure brilliance on Chromatica, but at times it feels incohesive and phoned in and I think that speaks more to her emotional state during it's creation. 

Yeah I don't disagree. CC feels very personal to Bey which makes sense as she's from Texas. Gaga coming out with the Joanne sound definitely felt less authentic but the stories she was telling on that album were deeply personal to her.

 

And yeah you're not gonna find me arguing that Gaga was excited to make music during the Chrome recording sessions. 😂 I'm just saying that when she tried being more open to collabing and taking other people's songs it didn't really end well. If I'm not mistaken, she barely contributed anything to CTM on Joanne and that's also a dud in her discography. 

The joker bros are eating them up in the jokermovie insta comments for being musical. They said send it back. 
 

nicki-minaj-yelling.png

2 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

Yeah I don't disagree. CC feels very personal to Bey which makes sense as she's from Texas. Gaga coming out with the Joanne sound definitely felt less authentic but the stories she was telling on that album were deeply personal to her.

 

And yeah you're not gonna find me arguing that Gaga was excited to make music during the Chrome recording sessions. 😂 I'm just saying that when she tried being more open to collabing and taking other people's songs it didn't really end well. If I'm not mistaken, she barely contributed anything to CTM on Joanne and that's also a dud in her discography. 

I think we are in agreement then :cool: Although I don't know which songs on Chromatica were other peoples, besides Sour Candy (a mess but a bop) and Rain on Me (a great and deeply underrated record). 

 

You mention Joanne, and I was just thinking today how YAYA is everything A-Yo wanted to be and more :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, FameFatale said:

The joker bros are eating them up in the jokermovie insta comments for being musical. They said send it back. 
 

nicki-minaj-yelling.png

Joker Bros are a universally crunchy demographic. They can seethe

 

nicki-minaj-yelling.png

2 hours ago, CoolNebraskaGuy said:

I love Chromatica but she can definitely do better. I wish she would bring more writers and such onto her team, but I know that's not how she likes to make music. She's just so busy these days and I think that has a lot to do with why the album releases are moving at a glacial pace.

 

I won't get too into it since this is Gaga her base, but Cowboy Carter is genuinely an amazing album- there's really nothing like it that I've ever heard and that's truly impressive. If you look at the producer credits, it took a lot of incredibly talented people to make an album that monumental. I can hardly fathom what kind of madness Gaga could create if she allowed other talented folks to help her bring her ambitions to fruition.

 

Not discounting Stefani at all because her talent is undeniably special and her vision/desire for success meant that ONLY she could have pulled off Gaga, but during her imperial phase Dada and Boomkack played a big part in bringing the "Gaga experience" to life. Their contributions funneled Gaga's enthusiasm and talent into the right mold to take over the pop universe.

 

I'd love to see her fully embrace a strong new creative team to help deliver her next vision.

30 minutes ago, Aden said:

Random thought I had: What if she hasn't removed her Chromatica avi and bio because she's planning to release an EP that extends the album à la The Fame Monster?

 

An EP would be a perfect droplet before Joker and wouldn't require a planned era. It's sort of what Miley did with She is Coming EP in 2019 before dropping Plastic Hearts in 2020. Doing so would give LG7 ample runway to have its own moment in 2025.

 

She gave Chromarica a 2024 moment with Fortnite. Imagine her releasing unreleased Chrome material and getting the CB Film out of the way in the summer while she's in Vegas. :dies:

 

 

An EP wouldn't surprise me either. Part of what made TFM so strong is that it's a tight, succinct album with no filler. It wouldn't be a bad option for her strategically.

I just got a JoJo Karma dance video on my tiktok fyp. Lemme pray Richy is 10000 feet away from LG7. 
 

nicki-minaj-yelling.png

 

45 minutes ago, Leptine said:

It's not really about bashing other successful female artists, part of this fanbase is just tired to see the others getting constantly praised for everything while on the contrary Gaga being punctually downplayed in everything.

 

You have people calling Beyoncé a genius for going to a country direction with that kind of aesthetics, whereas when Gaga did something similar back then with 'Joanne' she was trashed to death to these days.

 

If she would have released a rock album for LG7 by now, it would be the same, tones of people would trash it, Beyoncé does it, a genius.

There's no doubt Gaga hasn't gotten the recognition she deserves for being a trailblazer and this site downplays it (a lot more than anywhere else). As others in here have said though, Gaga's lack of focus and direction on those projects impacted their overall reception, which is something most other artists wouldn't do. 
 

All she needs to do is have some clearer direction and we could have her next best album :WAP: I have faith in her, even after all these years she's still a visionary

4 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Not discounting Stefani at all because her talent is undeniably special and her vision/desire for success meant that ONLY she could have pulled off Gaga, but during her imperial phase Dada and Boomkack played a big part in bringing the "Gaga experience" to life. Their contributions funneled Gaga's enthusiasm and talent into the right mold to take over the pop universe.

 

I'd love to see her fully embrace a strong new creative team to help deliver her next vision.

So true. Boomkack really created some iconic choreography- so much of it is still iconic. Too bad she was absolutely bonkers (not that Richie is any better, he might even be worse). We can't forget Mr. Redone either. 

 

I wonder who will be her entourage for LG7.

39 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

What she needs is a really strong body of work that gets hailed as a magnum opus by everyone from critics to liddos to casual listeners to haters. That would only happen if she keeps reinventing herself authentically and focusing on what she excels at.

She will never make everybody agree about something in an universal way like that when it comes to music, it didn't happen with her early albums, it didn't happen with ASIB soundtrack and I doubt it's gonna happen with future releases, what she does will always be perceived as 'divisive' and while other artists are 'untouchable', when it comes to Gaga lot of people will continue to feel entitled to trash her work.

 

The most important thing should be enjoying a project from her without caring about external validation (metascore, awards and sales), it has to be a magnum opus for you in first, not for the others.

Monster was just a Jeopardy answer omfg… this non-single classic 

 

 

i'm just jealous of other stanbases that consistently get music. It's been 4 years now, Gaga. we are deserve new music. we deserve a musical artist to be a musical artist! the Beatles released 12 albums in 10 years. Elton John released 11 albums in 6 years. Taylor 10 in 16 years.

 

Gaga? were 7 in 16 years. Unacceptable. I refuse to stan a makeup lady. If i wanted that I'd stan f******g Rihanna. GIVE US THE DAMN MUSIC

6 minutes ago, trueromance said:

Monster was just a Jeopardy answer omfg… this non-single classic 

 

 

WHY IS GAGA'S PLACE IN POP CULTURE STILL CENTRED AROUND THE FIRST YEARS OF HER CAREER?

 

her recent work should be a jeopardy question too. Gaga you need to get it together very soon. you have this much time * holding my index finger and thumb close together* before the world sees you as a throwback. STOP RESTING ON YOUR LAURELS. GIVE IS MOVIES SURE, BUT GIVE US THE DAMN MUSIC. AND NO FKN OPERA OR AMERICAN STANDARDS. I WANT ORIGINAL MUSIC

3 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

i'm just jealous of other stanbases that consistently get music. It's been 4 years now, Gaga. we are deserve new music. we deserve a musical artist to be a musical artist! the Beatles released 12 albums in 10 years. Elton John released 11 albums in 6 years. Taylor 10 in 16 years.

 

Gaga? were 7 in 16 years. Unacceptable. I refuse to stan a makeup lady. If i wanted that I'd stan f******g Rihanna. GIVE US THE DAMN MUSIC

It's giving dance monkey dance 

1 hour ago, Kimi said:

look at chromatica, the narrative was coming back to dance anthems but making it mental health and it was almost universally acclaimed. that's it, something so simple. to be acclaimed you have to deliver quality and know whats your place in the music world. and if you wanna change your place or add another narrative it's gonna take time - gaga and her american songbook for example, she's still not there but love for sale got much warmer reception.

Forgot to reply to this point about 'Chromatica'.

 

What you wrote might apply for some critic reviews it got, but let's not act as if also 'Chromatica' hasn't been trashed by part of her own fanbase despite the narrative you mentioned with people praising 'Future Nostalgia' back then instead as better executed pop dance album (not talking about promo, just the music).

15 minutes ago, trueromance said:

Monster was just a Jeopardy answer omfg… this non-single classic 

 

 

Omg what did they ask? I need to find a clip!! 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.