Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Also like some users in here are saying, I could give less of a **** if she ever made a "universal" album that appealed to everybody. The woman is pushing 20 years into her career and EVERY single major studio release she has done besides ARTPOP has garnered Grammy Nominations, and the only one without a win was BTW. At the end of the day Gaga's music is hers and the people that get and love it GET it and those that don't don't. I don't want/need her to try to make some "master work" of pop music that may or may not live up to expectations. Every release has and will always resonate with me and if they don't for you that's fine, just stop placing unrealistic expectations onto her. Ofc we can always have the idea of the GP/Perception in the back of our mind because she is a popular music artist, I don't think its fair to discount her endeavors from the past decade. 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Also I'm expecting Joker 2 to gross around 750-850 million WW. It's more niche in appeal but it will probably perform along the lines of Black Panther 2 IMO. It's too big of a cultural event to miss but idk how many people will rush to rewatch it in theaters. 

The official page on WB's site lists the genres as Crime, Drama, Music/Musicals.

 

https://www.warnerbros.com/movies/joker-folie-a-deux

2 hours ago, Leptine said:

Or we can simply let people having their opinion and ignore them.

I can't. Fans of Margot's Harley get on my nerves. :monkey:

WB is setting the base up for 8-9 months of arguments over which GG category she would be submitted to by calling it both a drama and a musical :rip: 

 

Spoiler

At least that will be replacing the countdowns

Spoiler

Hopefully :suburban: 

Spoiler

cb748df059ec1fb7e8b7ba178e826c40.jpg

 

 

 

8 hours ago, TrymeB said:

Gaga carried ASIB and HoG on her shoulders. She was the STAR in both of these BO HIT movies and her acting was acclaimed universally. Another BO hit with acclaim will make her an acting legend.  

I mean it'll take longer. That's her THIRD major movie. I think she has to star in one or two more movies in order to become one.

26 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

I wonder if she's already signed onto her next acting project

When HOG had release, she already were in talk with WB for JFAD. I think WB waited for acting skill receipts by HOG since she was not established actor at the moment.

She's surely signed or in talk for next film by now I guess.

Edited by Si Hoo

36 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

I wonder if she's already signed onto her next acting project

It's generally seen as good business sense to have your next acting project lined up before your current one comes out. But she may want to use J:FaD hype to her advantage so she's waiting to sign something closer to the premiere? Idk. She's also not a "regular actor" in the sense that she can be much pickier with roles since acting isn't her main source of income. 

 

Spoiler

And unpopular opinion, but I really hope she isn't doing that damn Jesus movie that Martin Scorsese was talking about. It sounds like a snoozefest + she did that concept really well already in the Judas video. I do think sticking to adult-oriented projects that offer both critical prestige and commercial appeal would be really good as that's worked out so far and looks like it could very well work again. 

 

Also I feel like her next acting project is probably gonna come out in 2027. LG7 will be out either this or next year, she'll probably tour next year and maybe through 2026, film next year or in 2026 depending on her touring schedule, and then release in 2027. And then LG8 will probably come out in 2028 should she feel like releasing it. That's just a guess though. 

People who are saying they won't watch this because it's a musical get on my nerves. Who started this misinformation? Erg. It's a damn movie with music scenes. It's NOT a musical...

2 hours ago, Gerard141 said:

Why so conservative? 
also do we know yet which countries it is or isn't going to be released in? 

Post pandemic box offices are much smaller compared to pre pandemic movies.

Movies which grossed 1 billion:

2018: 5

2019: 9

 

2022: 3

2023: 2

 

And then with the addition that it's promoted with musical elements.

3 hours ago, Danes said:

Let's stop discrediting Beyonce's acclaim. If Gaga releases an album as good as RENAISSANCE she will get acclaimed. :michael:

She will never cause Gaga writes her own music while Beyoncé doesn't. End of conversation.

52 minutes ago, Mariah4life said:

People who are saying they won't watch this because it's a musical get on my nerves. Who started this misinformation? Erg. It's a damn movie with music scenes. It's NOT a musical...

I mean - it's a movie with apparently surreal dreamlike sequences of musical moments. That's kind of a musical. Maybe not fully, but still.

I don't see what's the problem personally. Take Dancer in the dark - technically still a musical, it's one of the most upsetting and gut wrenching movies I've seen. The fact that it's a musical, if anything, works in it's favour.

People just have poor movie culture and expect flowers and prancing people in ballet shoes which clearly isn't going to be the case so..

The way it ended every other movie announced this year. The hype is here. 

41 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

The way it ended every other movie announced this year. The hype is here. 

It's up to 16.4 million now. Excited to see how the trailer views play out next week! 
 

edit: and this isn't even counting Gaga's tweet (6 million views) with both tweets having over 100k likes. 

Edited by Aston Martin

I also feel like if the movies is received well it should land somewhere in the 800m WW range. We know post pandemic box office is lower than it was back then, not to mention the genre has definitely taken a toll ever since. It is hard to explain how crazy it is that a 2D R rated drama like Joker grossed 1.1 billion WITHOUT China. Completely insane. I mean, I wouldn't rule one billion out due to the strength of the Joker brand but I will remain skeptical for now.

 

I'd say the only movie this year that's a shoe in for a billion is Deadpool, and besides Joker, there's maybe one or two other candidates at best. 

2 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

She's also not a "regular actor" in the sense that she can be much pickier with roles since acting isn't her main source of income. 

Yeah, it's poisonous make up :ryan3:

Will we get some  studio teasing this week? I guess maybe she skips these two weeks and comes back in full force with music teasing in mid April

 

8 hours ago, Aden said:

As nice as it would be for the public to appreciate her recent efforts as much as her earlier efforts, how many girls can say that their first three albums have had the massive longevity TF, TFM, and BTW have had? 

 

They've pulled great recurrent streams in her hiatus. Gaga's streams are going to be delicious when she releases LG7. Hell, they'll look delicious when the JFAD soundtrack is released.

@Aden, you had me at "delicious streams" 

When she announces LG7 lead next week right after joker trailer Lady Gaga Ok GIF by House of Gucci

23 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Will we get some  studio teasing this week? I guess maybe she skips these two weeks and comes back in full force with music teasing in mid April

 

What's full force teasing? She's been teasing since December and there are no signs of new music.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.