Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Do you shop at Temu & Shein?

Featured Replies

I'm curious if ATRLers are consumers of Temu and Shein?

If you do purchase from one of them, how was it? Quality-wise, and was it worth it?

__

Never bought anything from them, although their homeware goods are a topic of fascination to me.

Never, fast fashion and industry's is the death of us all, we are on a race to the bottom. I thrift and find reused items. It's better for the environment and better quality, rather than these companies that churn out more and more and more with cheap materials and horrible labor practices. Buy old and used, you can save a lot of money by doing so and buy quality over quantity. Everything we need on this planet is already created by someone somewhere, and all this new stuff they keep selling just ends up on landfill on the backs of slave labor

Edited by JT55331

i could never fathom why people would waste money on items that last for two to three washes rip

my friend got some clothes from Shein and they look so bad, but I didn't dare tell her that rip the pants had no hem on the waistline and there were loose threads hanging out. it's like somebody took pieces of fabric and stitched them up to look like pants

No. The closest I've gotten is buying third party figures and Godzilla items from AliExpress. One of my co-workers wears a lot of super cute clothes and she says the majority of them are from SHEIN, which I find kind of hard to fathom because they look and feel much higher quality than a lot of reviews I've seen.

Never bought clothes from either, but I've bought some devices (a handheld console) from Temu, and it was 100% worth it.

  • Author
27 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

Never bought from temu

Bought rubber hair bands from SHEIN years ago, they were okay.

AliExpress >>>

19 minutes ago, skwonderfactory said:

No. The closest I've gotten is buying third party figures and Godzilla items from AliExpress. One of my co-workers wears a lot of super cute clothes and she says the majority of them are from SHEIN, which I find kind of hard to fathom because they look and feel much higher quality than a lot of reviews I've seen.

It's interesting to see AliExpress being a middle ground here.

I didn't include AliExpress in the Op because it's a separate category on its own and has been there longer than the other two.

These sites were all the rage years ago. I did temu a couple times, and it's like a dollar store but online. But it's just cheap stuff. I would get earrings, bobby pins, stuff like that. I bought a sterile piercer thing and did the top of my lobe once rip (no complications!) but I don't have a need for anything on there anymore. I just buy whatever I need on Walmart.com or Amazon

I've bought a few pieces, and they've all lasted 4-6 years so far.

Not everyone can afford $400 for a T Shirt, and I got these pieces at a time where I needed new clothes for a new job. I have no shame in it. Perhaps these companies need to stop robbing middle class folks for necessities.

Neither. I have also stopped shopping at ZARA or H&M and **** like that.

Only buy second hard or from local shops now.

Tbh, I used to use Shein and some stuff was good and had cool designs but I try shop more sustainably these days.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.