Everything posted by Robert
-
Rank Taylor Swift's ! songs: ME!, "Slut!", Florida!!!, CANCELLED!, Cleveland!
Florida and **** are both great. Me wasn't the best but still better than half of TLOAS. Cancelled just feels very out of touch even though it is kind of a bop and Cleveland is just cringe.
-
UK Politics 🇬🇧🏛️ yet another Prime Minister
I actually think Andy Burnham is doing a good job so far. 2.5% housing deposits for first time buyers, removing the triple lock, nationalising Avanti and looking to nationalise water will all make positive changes and are the direction the country needs.
-
Melania Trump recalls "beautiful childhood" growing up in socialist Slovenia
She really hates him
-
New York Times: Taylor Swift's Patient Zero is an SNL Parody
It's really embarrassing how these publications switch like *******. These pile on snarky pieces have no artistic integrity and are just jumping on the Taylor hate bandwagon like 10 years ago. I am not saying Taylor is above criticism because I didn't like TLOAS or her constant monetisation of art but at least be constructive.
-
ATRL Original Op-Ed: Taylor doubles down on white supremacy on “Cleveland!,” why?
I don't like this album either and Taylor is out of touch lately but stupid takes like this are embarrassing and just serve to minimise actual real racism.
-
The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore | Review thread (Metacritic: 39/100 | P4k: 4/10)
This will definitely sting for someone like her but hopefully will be a wake up call.
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
These songs really don't add anything. Just more forgettable pop songs tbh but at least people are finally realising that TTPD was in fact a masterpiece and top 5 Taylor album.
- Benjamin Netanyahu condemns Hasan Piker and Mamdani at the UN
- Benjamin Netanyahu condemns Hasan Piker and Mamdani at the UN
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
I am gonna be hopeful coz it's for TS13 but I would rather she release the Rep vault tracks coz her songs about Joe are usually her best.
-
ROSÉ - "new trick"
The song and video are both giving the Best Damn Thing
-
Who is actually more important to pop culture: Britney or Rihanna?
In terms of their impact on pop culture, Britney although I think Rihanna's music career is bigger (ultimately its hits that artists are remembered for musically and Rihanna has countless).
-
Is pop culture the least exciting it's ever been?
Tbh some less big artists are trying like Troye and Conan (I don't like Troye's recent songs but both the MVs were great). Olivia seems to put in more effort too but most artists don't seem to care and the music has declined so badly. Taylor is my fave but her last album was like if someone asked ChatGPT to write a Taylor album.
-
What is the best & worst country in the world?
This is totally subjective but for me I would say Israel is the worst for what they are doing to Gaza and the Middle East as well as the weird influence they hold. Afghanistan also looks like hell to live especially for gay people and women. Child trafficking is also very common there. Best country really depends on the person but personally I love Australia and dream of moving back to Melbourne but like anywhere it has its problems.
-
Troye Sivan - "Party"
Compared to Rush and Got Me Started, these songs are so bad.
-
Troye Sivan - "Party"
The Madonna sample saved the song but still pretty mid overall. The whole talking over beats thing really doesn't suit him. Video was good though, good on him for normalising eating ass.
-
Hasan Piker: "America [because they've killed more globally] is worse than Al-Queda"
He's not necessarily wrong but this kind of statement just causes division.
-
Cheryl singing "Fight For This Love" at gay club
This used to be my favourite club when I lived in Manchester. Would kill to see this.
-
Are you patriotic for your country?
You can absolutely hold hands with a same-sex partner in Singapore. Worst you will get is stink eye.
-
Are you patriotic for your country?
UK has been an absolute embarrassment since Brexit and majority of our history is nothing to be proud of either. That being said, I know I am fortunate to be born in a first world country with decent human rights.
-
P!nk is outstreaming Macklemore daily. Why?
No one's denying she is a bigger artist. Doesn't change the fact she's a spineless cow who supports genocide.
-
FINNEAS, Aaron Rowe, Lukas Graham & Beoga drop out of Ed Sheeran tour
This was unexpected but respect to all the artists and live band for having morals. I don't think anyone will touch this tour with a barge pole now.
-
P!nk breaks silence: condemns Hamas, supports Palestinians, drags Macklemore
Where did Pink defend Palestinians? All she did was make a genocide about herself.
-
Macklemore dropped from Ed Sheeran tour post-Free Palestine speech
Absolutely vile and shows how much influence Zionists have. I understand this may not be Ed's decision and I understand hr doesn't want to cancel the tour but at the very least he could make a statement or donation showing he supports Palestine. Edit: Just read Macklemore's statement, Ed needs to grow a spine.
-
Is living in NYC performative now?
You could say the same about San Fran, London, Sydney, Hong Kong and many other major cities. Perhaps judging every action that doesn't affect you is performative.