Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Beyoncé

This is part 2 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

21 minutes ago, Carbohydrates said:

The way this ended her career deadbanana2

That "Shoe Game" single / video should've put her back on the map but it got taken down and you can only find reactions of the video to watch the video. rip

Edited by AccioEmpireBuilder

  • Replies 15.8k
  • Views 573.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Lose My Breath
    Lose My Breath

    My mom passed away last week. I know I mentioned her wanting to hear a Beyonce rock album as she has anticipated it for years, and I'm so sad she didn't get to hear it before she passed (if that's wha

  • Lose My Breath
    Lose My Breath

    I really hope we get it soon. My mom loves Beyonce, and her favorite genre is rock, she is SO excited. She just got diagnosed with terminal cancer, and I really hope she gets to hear the album while

  • @ScorpiosGroove @Fleahive @Teezy always ranting slams Bey a lil too hard french awful takes hates Bey lowkey forgot to take meds downvote central doesn't contribute to discussion could be yv

I'm gonna punch her in the *** if she doesn't collab with Kevin

5 hours ago, conatus said:

Made this then remembered I always feel wrong when I don't have a gymbro avi so in case anyone want her

b.gif

Damn.

That look was much better than the MET Gala one.

Can she change her social media pfp already, at least put an intermediary one between eras cause the CC one is nightmare inducing

I can't believe the universe teased me with a Tame Impala collab. Didn't think that would ever be a possibility

natalie-nunn-stantwt.gif

In letting my delulu flag continue to fly, I've "decided" (lol) that her best route back to Halftime is via a...

ROCK ACT Headliner

So, a Kings of Leon, U2 or similar kind of co-billed thing.

Naturally aligns with Act III (especially if she's collabed with them on the album) and, of course, serves as the perfect springboard to the new era (e.g. commercial immediately following, etc)

In reality, I'm much more aligned with the idea of Jay + Friends (with Bey being folded into that), but I legit think the haters, sheepish GP, and fans that don't know how to keep kitchen-table-talk frustrations internal) will sully the moment with the expected complaints. Preferential treatment, we want her solo, etc.

Less biasedly, I do think it may be difficult for Jay to have his cake and eat it, too. Optically speaking. Being positioned as the all-powerful decision-maker on who headlines to then effectively "choose" himself and his wife lol has its...issues. As someone offline described it, it's like setting and marking your own homework.

So, yeah, maybe a slightly different approach may be best.

Generally, trying to map out Bey's era-launching moves these days is hard because she has kind of boxed herself in with how much she's centered her premium, innovative, and rare attraction status.

Fairly sure I remember watching something around ST and her team saying that, moving forward, she ONLY wants to do things she hasn't done before. Be that concepts, platforms, ideas, etc. We've seen how that's benefited her in the time since, but I also think it's kind of restrictive at THIS particular point.

She's positioned herself as such that she's too big to perform at most award shows, has already done the big festivals, and even carved out concert specials from those. It's to the point now that it's like, if you want to see me perform, you have to pay for it on tour. If you want to watch my videos, you have to watch on whatever streaming service I've cut a mega-deal with.

As someone who basks in fave being as revered as she is, taking an aerial view of things, I actually think a lot of her shenanigans help her have this exact status (marketing 101 for premium products is: limit the supply, increase the demand).

But standom aside, Bey is not bigger than the programme and, thus, needs wide-reaching promotional platforms to leverage for her next era.

So, I say all of this to say, for Act III, I want everything from Halftime (whichever way they can spin it) to Glastonbury (it's been long enough since the last one), and just...more.

Rennie had the hype of being away for so long, CC benefitted from the success of Rennie. I don't think she should chance or assume good grace will sell Act III on its own.

14 hours ago, AccioEmpireBuilder said:

That "Shoe Game" single / video should've put her back on the map but it got taken down and you can only find reactions of the video to watch the video. rip

Now wait a minute, what is the lore here? Because that chorus loop is hella annoying but that song is really catchy!

U know what would be sickening? If she created her own Woodstock for Act3 jonny2

If they are doing the Super Bowl together, that just leans further into the leaks from 2022 about ACTIII being a joint Carters album coffee2

And she is kinda teasing both a rock album and a collab album so we really have no idea what is coming and ion like that.

Just now, Kristie Kuwa said:

U know what would be sickening? If she created her own Woodstock for Act3 jonny2

That was one of the ideas from earlier this year! That the album would be performed live and then released that same night - goes into all of the "oooh people are going to be so shocked, get ready" stuff from Pharrell and Ts Madison.

I think it is interesting that the headliner hasn't been announced.

Bad Bunny was announced on 9/28 last year, with Kendrick being announced 9/8. Both Sundays.

Bey did caption her last superbowl "Sunday's with You"

She also made a standalone post for Valentines Day, with the upcoming show being on..Valentines Day.

They've been photographed a lot lately. Granted, that is her husband, but, idk, a small percentage of me thinks it may be intentional. Then I remember the Morning Dew remix with HOV.

As much as I hate using her weight for indications of things, you can't…really deny some validity with that. She looks like she could start touring tomorrow, which leads me to, possibly, believe something is coming soon. I don't know what, but..yeah.

I dont care what yall say: I dont want to see her do the Superbowl ever again, ESPECIALLY not together with Jay.

47 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I dont care what yall say: I dont want to see her do the Superbowl ever again, ESPECIALLY not together with Jay.

I get the Jay part (not that I agree with it), but why not?

It's the biggest platform there is and we have an album to sell?

The only reason why I'm cautious about her going back to platforms that she made history on is that it will just lead to comparisons. Also, you don't want to mess up a good thing, given how great her previous outings were.

That said, it's still...the Super Bowl!

4 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

I get the Jay part (not that I agree with it), but why not?

It's the biggest platform there is and we have an album to sell?

The only reason why I'm cautious about her going back to platforms that she made history on is that it will just lead to comparisons. Also, you don't want to mess up a good thing, given how great her previous outings were.

That said, it's still...the Super Bowl!

Its tacky and it would rightfully feel like shes pushing herself into spaces that could otherwise go to other artists. It just doesnt feel classy nor legendary.

She did her thing on that stage TWICE, she had that Winter Halftime Show as well. Theres no new story to be told.

She needs to seek out new stages (Copacobana for instance) and deliver in front of new crowds.

Jays affiliation with the NFL is already controversial as it is, no need for Bey to push herself into spaces that would just attack her.

I'd rather see her opening for Tate McRae's next tour than sharing stage with Jay Z for the Super Bowl of all things. Enough is enough.

7 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Its tacky and it would rightfully feel like shes pushing herself into spaces that could otherwise go to other artists. It just doesnt feel classy nor legendary.

She did her thing on that stage TWICE, she had that Winter Halftime Show as well. Theres no new story to be told.

She needs to seek out new stages (Copacobana for instance) and deliver in front of new crowds.

Jays affiliation with the NFL is already controversial as it is, no need for Bey to push herself into spaces that would just attack her.

All fair, rational points.

I guess this is where my stan-ism kicks in, because I think I ultimately just want to see her on big stages any way possible. Albeit while being careful and considered about the impact on her brand.

She is such a rare sight nowadays (which is a perpetually hard pill to swallow having beein raised on her omnipresent promo), that I can't, in good faith, vote against her big platforms like Halftime as and when they are available to her.

Like, I'd gratingly take a co-billed pop out (with Jay or a Rock act) at Halftime over another era that effectively is defined by: dropping a single, doing virtually nothing till album release, a lil whatever come release week, and then going on tour....a year later lol. It's just not it anymore.

That said, I think you're onto something with her seeking out other big platforms. If her game is agreeing to gigs that she can spin more $$$ out of via concert specials etc, a back to Brazil special would be...chef's kiss.

The only slight issue, and thing to always center is that Bey is a US/western act first and foremost...with global appeal. Those Brazil etc shows are great for the "she's huge overseas" narratives, but she has albums to sell in the US and her core secondary markets (UK etc). And doing that will always be easier by engaging the biggest platforms in those regions: Super Bowl, Glastonbury, etc.

Don't shoot me, but I feel a lot of the Hive's gripes with Jay and the Jay association in general are a little... overcooked.

Yes, he's polarizing to some, and his presence in her narrative has been quite jarring in recent years (Tidal, OTR II, EIL, and general mistiming of when they do stuff together). But they are also still celebrated as one of Hollywood's top power couples and have a ton of bops together. More than some of the Hive give credit for, they've also actually been quite separate as acts in recent years. On the front end, at least, he was nowhere to be found on either Rennie or CC.

Saying all that, I guess the fairest issue/complaint here again would be: timing. She's in the middle of a trilogy. Distractions, especially with the scale of confusion around her current rollout, don't...help.

My question, though, when it comes to a possible Halftime with Jay, is there any actual, legitimate...harm?

So long as it's not another EIL or OTRIII, would it not just be another slight side-quest (ala the B'Day nonsense) enroute to Act III?

32 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Its tacky and it would rightfully feel like shes pushing herself into spaces that could otherwise go to other artists. It just doesnt feel classy nor legendary.

She did her thing on that stage TWICE, she had that Winter Halftime Show as well. Theres no new story to be told.

She needs to seek out new stages (Copacobana for instance) and deliver in front of new crowds.

Jays affiliation with the NFL is already controversial as it is, no need for Bey to push herself into spaces that would just attack her.

Completely agree. clap3

56 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Its tacky and it would rightfully feel like shes pushing herself into spaces that could otherwise go to other artists. It just doesnt feel classy nor legendary.

She did her thing on that stage TWICE, she had that Winter Halftime Show as well. Theres no new story to be told.

She needs to seek out new stages (Copacobana for instance) and deliver in front of new crowds.

Jays affiliation with the NFL is already controversial as it is, no need for Bey to push herself into spaces that would just attack her.

World Cup would've been it. Why she didn't do it, we'll never know. . .

1 minute ago, Carbohydrates said:

World Cup would've been it. Why she didn't do it, we'll never know. . .

I wanted that for her, too. And it just seemed like a lock, given that it was in her home country and how many damn artists they had across the whole thing (opening and closing ceremonies).

BUT...

Seeing what they did, just from a production standpoint alone, I'm glad she didn't.

It was SO... amateur.

Beyond the rumor that they weren't biting on her desire to center all-new music (rather than the hits), I just think she's so seasoned at these type of things that it's best to avoid it if those producing don't share the same vision about scale and what she's trying to come across like.

That Halftime watched like the 90s Super Bowl Halftimes before it all scaled up in the 00s/10s. Tacky and late. Same as the Olympics.

Edited by Cbreezy

A Beyoncé X Jay Super Bowl will not be received well. Hell, a collab album would even be worse. I hope she reads the room. This is not the time to go against the grain. I hope her team is gauging public perception to actually see what ppl are saying so they can make more informed decisions.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.