Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'

Locks Mar 1, 2027

Featured Replies

On 8/10/2026 at 10:18 AM, Stepfon said:

For acting, it actually would be smart for her to do a supporting role in an ensemble film next.

On 8/10/2026 at 11:00 AM, theedmontonkid said:

Hil needs to be very strategic about her next role, though.

A supporting role on a fun comedy or drama with a good script and specially a good (experienced) director is better than a main role on a big budget movie with terrible writing and poor execution!

Also, I was watching The Beauty and The Briefcase the other day and I know it's a TV movie, but it's cute, fun and her acting (her comedic timing and facial expressions) are the best, so she could do something similar for a streaming service imo!

I want her to do horror! The lead in Final Destination, Insidious, Smile 3, Knives Out would be ideal. From MPG to FINAL GIRL

  • Replies 7.6k
  • Views 314.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The autopen thing is such a first world country problem lmao sorry but it's funny

  • Something don't sit right with me with people who solely care about dance pop Hilary. Like do y'all listen to any other types of music? This album is like a mature metamorphosis and I don't see how a

  • Yasin
    Yasin

    Weren't you the one making predictions last week and hoping she wouldn't chart? How did you feel when you saw her scoring her sixth top 5 album in a row with 83k? It looks like your autopen campaign d

6 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

I want her to do horror! The lead in Final Destination, Insidious, Smile 3, Knives Out would be ideal. From MPG to FINAL GIRL

Lead in something like Insidious or Smile would require too much serious emotive acting from her when we know she excels at bitchy sassy hot comic relief. I could see her being a mid-movie kill in Scream 8 a la' SMG/Jenny McCarthy/McKenna Grace.

She's dabbled in horror, as we all know nicole

Won't name the movie again rainbow but after seeing it tbh I could see her in Smile.

I wish she would've auditioned for Smile 2....

Edited by Afterglow

12 hours ago, theedmontonkid said:

I don't know whether you agree with me or not on this, but I think she could be a part of a miniseries, too!

That way she would only need a couple months to shoot it and then put the new music out along with a tour afterwards.

She doesn't have to be the main character, but still be key for the storyline, kind of like Dakota Fanning on All Her Fault!

Now, that is if Pretty Ugly is actually not moving forward and if that's true, then I hope she gets cast by any other streaming service not related to called Disney+ or Hulu!

Edit: Also, a movie for Netflix would be great, but only if it's not a christmas movie like the ones Lindsay Lohan made for them...

Her acting against Dakota Fanning in a project would be a dream especially since they're friends

9 hours ago, SafeAndSound said:

I agree that her return to acting should be smaller parts first, maybe as part of an ensemble or supporting cast. At this point I really just want a solid performance from her in a positively-reviewed movie or series. She doesn't have to star or be Executive Producer.

I'll even take some more indie roles in the meantime tbh. It sucks that some of her solid performances are in movies that were panned. She barely has one "Fresh" movie on Rotten Tomatoes rip

I hope she'll eventually get to work with a great director who can draw the best performance out of her. But I think the problem is also the lack of roles right now, just in general. She just needs a really good agent and a bit more luck weeps

6 hours ago, joyxsoul said:

i'd love for hilary to take a page out of her friend kaley cuoco who has her own production company and she bought the rights to flight attendant and produced/star herself

"the company optioned the rights to The Flight Attendant, a book written by author Chris Bohjalian"

and she can do for the many books she reads and post on insta...

it'll be like her in the driver seat like for Luck

Someone hit her up to join Nobody Wants This, Only Murders In The Building, Percy Jackson as a goddess, Beef, Abbott Elementary, Black Mirror or Reacher!

im rewatching her arc in gossip girl and her acting... is a little reserved/ uncertain during that era (WAY better during younger) but im so upset that she never done any of those movies for her real life career (Fleur, Endless Knights (her levitating as a vampire), and ******* of Eastwick / "It's like Heathers, but with witches")

so many of her candids during Luck felt so cinematic like she's an action superhero star

-

also looking at the Math videos... the pyros are so extra lmao. it's the Math, not the Meth, team duff!!

Edited by joyxsoul

She should have performed The Math only once (night two at MSG), I get that she couldn't use the pyro needed for Play With Fire the other night, but they could have debuted All About You (although she may be saving it for Australia), The Getaway, Someone's Watching Over Me or Stranger, but enough equals enough, Hilary!

I agree with @joyxsoul that she should get her own production company and that way she can pick the roles that she wants to play and make some cash with other projects that she could just produce...

Also, @Duffaholic I'm so happy you're attending both shows and hopefully you'll get to make some of the questions I wasn't brave enough to make, but mainly just enjoy the experience!

Edit: Also, If she ever makes a horror film, it would have to be with a very experienced director and a really good script and I don't think that would be the best move for her right now cause those two things are very hard to find, imo and we don't want another Razzie!

Edited by theedmontonkid

Cannot believe this is already six months old it is such an incredible record and hasn't aged a day

9 hours ago, theedmontonkid said:

She should have performed The Math only once (night two at MSG), I get that she couldn't use the pyro needed for Play With Fire the other night

I loved it at my show as a random second use of the pyro out of nowhere in the tshirt section, it was perfect and playful!

Anyone going to Toronto down to meet up? I'll be at both shows alone lol

59 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

Cannot believe this is already six months old it is such an incredible record and hasn't aged a day

Exactly how I feel. I still play it so much.

She really hit it out of the park with her comeback album, and era in general. Truly one for the books, and as longtime fans it's so satisfying seeing her achieve this success and praise at this stage in her career.

13 hours ago, joyxsoul said:

the pyros are so extra lmao. it's the Math, not the Meth, team duff!!

I-sheep

16 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Her acting against Dakota Fanning in a project would be a dream especially since they're friends

Someone hit her up to join Nobody Wants This, Only Murders In The Building, Percy Jackson as a goddess, Beef, Abbott Elementary, Black Mirror or Reacher!

YES to Reacher and OMITB. Those are awesome shows!!!

1 hour ago, Yasin said:

Top 20 🎉

RISE, I need this to outpeak Roommates!

If the tour continues with a second leg in the USA

I will try to aim for meet and greet vip

I didn't know people who went in got to talk to her for a minute

I thought there was no one on one time with her only a group session

So she confirmed today that luck or something only had 2 outtakes (one being apartment n.04) and that they aren't good enough so we won't hear them.

Also said that that they will be working on a deluxe

1 hour ago, rcksluke said:

So she confirmed today that luck or something only had 2 outtakes (one being apartment n.04) and that they aren't good enough so we won't hear them.

Also said that that they will be working on a deluxe

Deluxe (re)confirmed duca

Listening to the self-titled on the CD I bought back in 2006, not the reissue with the distorted sound, and it's such a masterpiece. The vocal production, the instrumentation, the lyrics, ughhh… I feel like it's criminally underrated. Hollywood Records really butchered the era from the get-go. The Getaway could've easily been a Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 back in 2004/2005.

She sounds so good on heavy-guitar, mid-tempo bangers (Weird, Underneath This Smile, Shine, I Am). That's why I would love another pop-rock album from her, even if it sounded more like Most Wanted.

On The Getaway right now and manifesting for it to be added to the setlist. Plus, it's a favorite of hers (she said it on the Dignity tour lol), she just needs to get over the spoken part lmao.

Also, my god, streaming has completely skewed our perception of audio quality. CD sounds so much better! Go grab your old CDs, ppl.

35 minutes ago, Tom_X said:

Also, my god, streaming has completely skewed our perception of audio quality. CD sounds so much better! Go grab your old CDs, ppl.

Yes, but girl put that CD down and listen to that distorted stream! We need the numbers! pikachoo

3 hours ago, rcksluke said:

she played the horrible song the math again....

rogue2

She is trying to torture her true, non-nostalgic only fans.

7 hours ago, rcksluke said:

So she confirmed today that luck or something only had 2 outtakes (one being apartment n.04) and that they aren't good enough so we won't hear them.

Also said that that they will be working on a deluxe

Yay! That's so exciting. Hopefully they push the LEAD off the deluxe on streaming.

6 hours ago, Tom_X said:

Listening to the self-titled on the CD I bought back in 2006, not the reissue with the distorted sound, and it's such a masterpiece. The vocal production, the instrumentation, the lyrics, ughhh… I feel like it's criminally underrated. Hollywood Records really butchered the era from the get-go. The Getaway could've easily been a Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 back in 2004/2005.

She sounds so good on heavy-guitar, mid-tempo bangers (Weird, Underneath This Smile, Shine, I Am). That's why I would love another pop-rock album from her, even if it sounded more like Most Wanted.

On The Getaway right now and manifesting for it to be added to the setlist. Plus, it's a favorite of hers (she said it on the Dignity tour lol), she just needs to get over the spoken part lmao.

Also, my god, streaming has completely skewed our perception of audio quality. CD sounds so much better! Go grab your old CDs, ppl.

Really love those rock anthems like DYWM, Weird, and Rock This World. Unlike most of her fandom, I actually found the delivery very convincing and authentic.

The Getaway, Shine and I Am are also vocal highlights!

11 hours ago, SafeAndSound said:

Deluxe (re)confirmed duca

this gives me Dignity Deluxe anxiety... I remember we were all excited for that and it never happened :(

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.