Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Doja Cat - 'Vie'

Featured Replies

all things considered potential opening numbers arent bad!

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Views 106.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

After sitting with the album all day, it's grown on me so much that I ordered a signed cd and the Quality Time vinyl. :chick1:

29 minutes ago, jackofthecreek said:

im usually a Jack defender but the production on the tracks hes on for the most part are just not great

 

 

yeah im not a fan of this album in general tbh. Cards & AAAHH MEN! are pretty great and there's like 5 more good tracks but the rest just blends together as 80s inspired slop :michael:

 

for the record i liked Scarlet a lot but havent checked any of her other albums, i like a lot of the singles though!

I completely share this sentiment. It felt one note - good for sure! just not great. I feel like Scarlet had higher highs for me (which I know means lower lows) but i'll take it. Claude II being the superior if only for Head high. 

2 hours ago, D.Va said:

I wish someone on her team would have told her that her French accent on Lipstain is TRAGIQUE

 

When she is trying to say "laisse moi embrasser ton cou" / "let me kiss your neck" / , it sounds like she is saying "laisser moi embrasser ton CUL" meaning "let me kiss your ASS"

 

:WAP:

knowing her she mightve meant that too!

 

double entendre queen!

AM is kind of a disaster :chick1:

ngl i don't expect this to do well especially after how JT performed. Would be a shame but it is what it is 

Obsessed with a few songs off of this. Sad to see how it's performing 

2 hours ago, D.Va said:

I wish someone on her team would have told her that her French accent on Lipstain is TRAGIQUE

 

When she is trying to say "laisse moi embrasser ton cou" / "let me kiss your neck" / , it sounds like she is saying "laisser moi embrasser ton CUL" meaning "let me kiss your ASS"

 

:WAP:

Knowing Doja, she meant the latter and intentionally made it sound like it can be either or :dies:

 

1 hour ago, Binxstan said:

The album feels cohesive but maybe to a fault. Nothing really stands out? 

 

It feels like the album is missing some big choruses and catchy hooks. 

The album is very fluid to me. It's an album that I feel the need to listen in full to every time (with a few skips) but not necessarily a single song as a one off besides Acts of Service and Gorgeous. Every other song I will have to listen to as a unit which I don't necessarily hate.

 

That same-y feel comes from the first few songs, besides Ahhh Men, being structured the same, singing at the beginning and ending with a verse (like Streets). All the songs are like that or fully singing. That's why Come Back should be higher up cause it starts with a rap verse even though it's only 1 verse. If just one of the first 5 songs was an additional 2 rap verse song and Come Back being higher on the track list, the album will have the punch it needed. And take off one or two of the all singing songs or at least have someone else sing them like Sabrina, Ariana, 

Spoiler

Or Azealia  :eli:

 

1 hour ago, Mark Rih said:

AM is kind of a disaster :chick1:

ngl i don't expect this to do well especially after how JT performed. Would be a shame but it is what it is 

give it time 

 

tracks (especially from her) take time to rise on AM

Scarlett team stand up!!

 

Scarlett was successful in my eyes and had HITS.

 

This album is great and I love the songs but this roll out has been trash and this will flop 

One More Time needs to be a hit ugh tiktok pleaseee do your job for once :jonnycat:

STRANGER IS AMAZING!:jonny2: One of my favorite songs of the year already. Wow!

Unfortunately, the rest of the album (other than JT and Stranger) didn't hook me at all. I will try giving it a few more tries. 

Edited by Artur

The opinions on this album are already so polarizing; either people really love it or really hate it. (Amala, the artist you are)

 

My first listen was in the gym today and had such a fun time (I've replayed it twice since then). I can bet if your first listen was with good headphones and you were moving around/energized you probably enjoyed this album too. With that being said I do understand some of the critiques when it comes to lyrics; songs blending into each other, Silly Fun, etc.

 

But one thing I've noticed when it comes to reception surrounding Doja's new releases people are so quick to write it off in comparison to the previous project. Some of the same feedback I'm seeing from Vie was given to Scarlet, yet people are now praising Scarlet. Doja is an artist whose music is infectious. It grows on you over time. Whether it's a catchy phrase, melody or production choice she has an ear for hit making and there are a few potential hits on here. If she comes with iconic visuals and performances I can see this album having legs. 

 

 

take me dancing was DOING IT for me today. omg i was bopping.

 

Cards

Take Me Dancing

Lipstain

Acts Of Service

Happy are my faves rn

I had no idea this was out already :deadbanana4: Will listen tomorrow. I love Jealous Type and all her previous albums!

Album is nice! I have enjoyed listening to it. I don't think it's Doja's best work tbh and there's literally no hype at all surrounding this release. I remember that with Scarlet she had everyone on their feet with Paint the town red and the music video. This era feels safe and maybe that's what they wanted after such a polarizing era like Scarlet.

25 minutes ago, Lightbringer007 said:

 

 

Riseeee faster Doja!!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.