Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Doja Cat - 'Vie'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Views 106.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

This is such an interesting project. I give props to her. Make It Up and Jealous Type are my favorites.

6 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

You're so raw, boy, and you're so romantic

monica-90s.gif
When you f- me right and then you take me dancing

xfq96o.gif
It gets lonely out here in this big old mansion

UMrwjRy.gif
In these hills cooped up, boy, can you take me dancing?

This song has me in a chokehold.  :WAP:

51 minutes ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

This song has me in a chokehold.  :WAP:

Saaaaaame! I was singing it before my nap and just woke up singing it again. The melody is INFECTIOUS. 

I LOVE the 80s R&B inspo running throughout the album. These are some tasty ass basslines. Antonoff is actually a decent and interesting producer when he's working with everyone not named Taylor Swift lol imagine that.

 

Doja got another one!

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

I adore the 80s vibe here, it is my first Doja album to enjoy. I am by no means a rap fan, but this 80s funk is great. I love Gorgeous and Stranger most upon first listen (off and jealous type)

I listened to this a couple times yday and LOVE it, it's such a vibe the production is so good and her vocals are insaneee

30 minutes ago, Junho_lover said:

I adore the 80s vibe here, it is my first Doja album to enjoy. I am by no means a rap fan, but this 80s funk is great. I love Gorgeous and Stranger most upon first listen (off and jealous type)

We have the same exact taste you're gonna love cards & acts of service too 

 

 

And then you'll end up loving the whole album it's such a good body of work! 

 

Happy is that girl! 

 

Brise, mon cœur, encore, ce soir
Brise, mon cœur, encore, ce soir
Brise, mon cœur, encore, ce soir
Brise, mon cœur, encore, ce soir

 

mary-jane-girls-in-my-house.gif

This is one of my favorite albums released this year and I love, loovveeee, LLLOOVVVVVEEEEEEEEE the fact this is the closest any artist has gotten to Prince without him directly. The Janet vibes and general 80's influences are immaculate as well :heart:. It's a shame I don't have a bunch of extra coin to throw her way currently for physicals, but goddamn!

Lets talk about how Doja fumbled the bag with the singles so far.

 

Imho, it shouldve been:

 

AAHH MEN as the lead

Stranger during album release

Take Me Dancing for maintaining longevity

Finally One More Time as the last song.

 

Jealous Type is cute, but is not the mega hit and she has stronger options on the album 

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

Since Mariah's album ended up being a huge disappointment for me I've spent a lot of time listening to this one and tbh I'm not sure what to think. On one hand there are many very high highs for me that I'm obsessed with. Cards (even though I feel like there is something missing in the production, that LQ snippet sounded fuller to me for some reason), Ahhh Men, Make it Up, All Mine, Happy, LIPSTAIN (!!!) but there are many songs that I just have a problem with.

 

Silly Fun, One More Time and Come Back sound extremely... juvenile? I don't know how to describe it. I'm not sure if I like them or not. Sometimes I listen, sometimes I skip. Also I don't know if it's just me but SIlly Fun mixing sounds weird.

 

Gorgeous and Acts of Service are excellent choruses mixed with very weak verses that completely ruin the songs for me. I think she should have just sung on the verses instead of rapping because those raps don't fit. Gorgeous has been growing on me a little but still, these two are easily my least favourite.

 

The biggest disappointment, however, must be Take Me Dancing. It was hyped to oblivion but this song just sounds unfinished to me. That last minute SZA feature does nothing to the song and the fact that without it it was just one verse and a chorus is just... It's still fun but it sound like a demo and it's not something I have expected from Doja of all people to serve on her album.

 

Overall, Scarlet remains her best imo. That album hit instantly and it still hits.

 

This is my ranking so far:

1. Aaahh Men! (10/10)



2. Lipstain (10/10)

3. Cards (10/10)

4. Jealous Type (10/10)

5. All Mine (10/10)

6. Happy (9/10)

7. Make It Up (9/10)

8. Couples Therapy (8/10)

9. Take Me Dancing (featuring SZA) (7/10)

10. Stranger (7/10)

11. Silly! Fun! (6/10)

12. Come Back (6/10)

13. One More Time (6/10)

14. Gorgeous (5/10)

15. Acts of Service (4/10)

I'm surprised about some of the reactions cause I found this very cohesive, maybe her best one actually.


Initial standouts for me were AAAHH MEN!, Gorgeous (we need an unspoken version), Stranger.

 

SZA's collab was probably one the weakest tracks actually.

 

second half is full of great bops such as Make It Up and Happy.
 

 

oh and I hate the cover and it really doesn't match the vibe of the album. 

38 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Lets talk about how Doja fumbled the bag with the singles so far.

 

Imho, it shouldve been:

 

AAHH MEN as the lead

Stranger during album release

Take Me Dancing for maintaining longevity

Finally One More Time as the last song.

 

Jealous Type is cute, but is not the mega hit and she has stronger options on the album 

I mean we dont know what the next single is atm so some of this order could very well happen lmao

12 hours ago, hallucinate said:

I don't wanna dance around it
Talking 'bout our love is easy
Loving you was never secret
(And I know you know they know)
Kiss you on the neck on purpose
So they know my favorite lip-stain
Can we look behind the curtains?
('Cause I know you know they know it)

spacer.png

What is this gif from? :bibliahh:

I'm starting to get into the album now. I wish it was an instant click for me, like happened with Attention and Paint The Town Red, but it's ok… Guess I wasn't into the vibe since my week was very busy. But I'm getting used to the vibe of the album now, and the beats are conquering me more and more while I pay more attention to each song. And I don't know why I didn't get instantly, since I love this funk and 80's sound. Maybe it's the lead single, which I didn't like, unfortunately.
 

 

the way Jealous Type didn't hit me until the album came out. 

nRPKU11.gif

26 minutes ago, Adam's Eve said:

What is this gif from? :bibliahh:

Titane (2021)

nRPKU11.gif

 

Hmmm I want to love this album so bad, I still like it. The feeling that her previous work gave me, I don't get with this album. 

 

I do believe there is still hope, I just need more time I think.  

 

I think it's mainly the writing, it's not as catchy.....  

i'm having a moment with gorgeous, cards, AAAHH MEN! and take me dancing. let's see if the rest of the album grows on me, it usually does

I appreciate that Come Back is the closer. You don't have to skip it, you just turn off the album. :mandown:

1 hour ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Lets talk about how Doja fumbled the bag with the singles so far.

 

Imho, it shouldve been:

 

AAHH MEN as the lead

Stranger during album release

Take Me Dancing for maintaining longevity

Finally One More Time as the last song.

 

Jealous Type is cute, but is not the mega hit and she has stronger options on the album 

AHHH Men was just so instant, I really like the use of the sample

not sure if I would choose it as lead though

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.