Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Has Short n' Sweet aged well?

Featured Replies

Sabrina Carpenter's sophomore album Short n' Sweet made quite the splash when it debuted, and recently surpassed GUTS in total streams. The singles have seen massive success, with Taste and Espresso still in the top 10, and the first 7 tracks of the album have performed well on Spotify, all surpassing 100 million streams. The album is sitting at #3 on the Billboard 200 currently!   

 

But do you believe the album as a whole has aged well? Though the album was fun, I fear the topics get a little stale on multiple listens... so many of the songs are just her calling an ex (Shawn?) dumb/shitty but then also wanting to sleep with them :rip: Because the topics across songs are similar I find myself not returning to many of the album tracks outside of Juno (ROTY) or Good Graces (which is basically an Ariana reject, lbr). What do y'all think?

Edited by sciencemagic

  • Replies 25
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

1 minute ago, MissedTheTrain said:

It's been 3 months

No further comments needed.

Yes, as opposed to it being sweet and short, it has aged like fine wine

i don't listen to it much anymore but i still think it's a great album. maybe it's just a summer album

It's aging fine. But it's not like anyone is expecting this to be her magnum opus, it's literally called "Short and Sweet". 
 

It's aging like fine wine. I listen to it every single day and it never gets boring. I love that we have ballads, midtempos and bops. 

It has aged extremely well. I still listen daily. Don't Smile is my song. :jonny5:

her personality shine through this album with the funny lyrics which help the album aged quite well and it just been 3 months lol

I don't know. I've been listening to albums from 2010 because of my personal chart. One day I'll get to 2024... :jonny5:

It's about to surpass "Future Nostalgia" globally and "S.O.S." by SZA to become the biggest singles album of the decade. So I would say it has aged pretty well so far.

It's an incredible album and I still listen to it all the time. She has more songs on there that could be hits :clap3:

  • Author
On 11/21/2024 at 4:50 PM, MissedTheTrain said:

It's been 3 months

okay maybe "aged" is a bad operative word, more like "are you returning to the album tracks?"

 

  • Author
On 11/21/2024 at 11:19 PM, Princess Aurora said:

Didn't it come out three months ago? :foxaylove2:

well yes, but that's enough time for people to see if they're returning to the album tracks and consuming the album as a whole, or just listening to the singles 

15 hours ago, sciencemagic said:

well yes, but that's enough time for people to see if they're returning to the album tracks and consuming the album as a whole, or just listening to the singles 

To be honest, I think it'd make much more sense if you posted this thread next year rather than now. Three months isn't enough time for album quality, in my opinion. 

Edited by Princess Aurora

It still sounds fine, will it sound fresh in a few years? We'll have to wait and see.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.