Everything posted by Rotunda
-
ATRL'S NEXT TOP MODEL | C8 | WEEK 10: LIGHT ME UP
Addison Rae - @Dolce Vita : She's reaching, your honor. Allison Harvard - @Outbound There's nothing particularly interesting about this, but it's a decent picture at fits well enough. It's also an Allison picture I haven't seen before, so hello, let's celebrate that. Bella Hadid - @blackoutbaby I will concur with Kylie that this feels more "generic iPod Touch wallpaper" than some actual display of artistry or perspective, but it's on theme. Guinevere van Seenus - @Lemon This is a wonderful shot. You've become kinda known for this high-art style. Joan Smalls - @Element I think this is a great shot with interesting use of shadow and lighting. The kind of collage approach works for Dadaism. Kate Moss - @Young In Love I don't really see surrealism, but the production value of the shot is nice. Lisa - @Seffers It's safe, but it's enough for this round. Sasha Pivovarova - @Opulent One of the better displays of modeling this round. I enjoy the intentional black and white direction here, and the garment works well also. Soap Collins - @Luckitty This is a strong entry. It's missing a level of intensity or uniqueness, but it's certainly near the top of the pack here. Sora Choi - @petty Production value is high, the body is right, and the face is amazing. Zhou Xun - @Julia Fox I can believe what you feel…sure I'm willing to buy this is art deco. It's safe.
- Do you take melatonin?
-
Olivia Dean's ''I've Seen It' accused of copying Bill Withers' 'Just the Two of Us'
I thought it was intentional
- Have meta-narrative pop albums run their course?
-
The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore | Review thread (Metacritic: 39/100 | P4k: 4/10)
I do think these reviews are a bad look for the critics, only because it makes it clear they've been inflating Taylor's scores for the last three eras and only now are willing to be honest about her output again.
-
The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore | Review thread (Metacritic: 39/100 | P4k: 4/10)
She'll still get the noms. The voters may be less inclined to throw her wins though.
- The saddest thing about Taylor Swift's latest album, The Life of a Showgirl is...
-
The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore | Review thread (Metacritic: 39/100 | P4k: 4/10)
She's going through the artistic equivalent of when your cool friend starts a family, moves to the suburbs, and has no identity anymore. She got the guy, she has the success, and she has her masters, so she has nothing else to say beyond trying to convince the haters that she won a game nobody was playing with her.
-
Taylor's artist-director award was an "external" idea
I think the Madonna envy is fan/hater fiction, but Kanye West could be performing on stage and you'd see 30 cuts of Taylor pretending to get her life.
-
Taylor's artist-director award was an "external" idea
Based on him trying to spin the award as an extension of the Vanguard or better than the Vanguard, my guess is that Taylor wanted to push the deluxe alongside her getting the Vanguard, but it was already promised to Nirvana. So, they whipped this up to keep her happy.
-
Is Cleveland! a new career low for Taylor?
No. It's mediocre, but she has worse.
-
Why is Flo Milli’s new music underperforming?
Flo Jackson is in my rotation. I agree with the others that female rap is just kinda lagging right now. I mean, Trim is the new girl social media is hyping up, and even she only has a fraction of the buzz Flo ever had.
-
How did ADELA end up bigger than KATSEYE in half the time?
I feel like the team behind Katseye accepts that the GP doesn't take girl groups seriously these days, so the focus is just to make them as branded and viral as possible, even if that means the songs aren't smashes. Adéla is kinda the opposite, where it's clear you're meant to engage with her seriously. Both approaches are working.
- ATRL'S NEXT TOP MODEL | C8 | WEEK 10: LIGHT ME UP
-
ATRL'S NEXT TOP MODEL | C8 | WEEK 10: LIGHT ME UP
Comebackers: Gisele Bundchen - @CBC It's a very cool shot. I imagine the pose itself isn't actually that interesting, but the draping of the fabric makes it look like it is. Hyunjin - @HyuneSuga Cool use of shadow/shading here. The pose itself is nothing special but I like the dimension this shot has, and the body position is a big part of that. Good styling as well. Kali Uchis - @Isolation girl why even submit. Lisa - @Seffers It's one of the common poses for the round but the artistic direction is fierce. Soo Joo Park - @fais_2311 This pose has been done several times this round and I wouldn't say your iteration is a standout.
-
Is Adéla here to stay or is she a flash in the pan?
Eh. This could easily be a Sabrina situation where the breakthrough album only has 1-2 songs the GP is aware of (Nonsense and Feather), then the following album is the actual success.
-
ATRL'S NEXT TOP MODEL | C8 | WEEK 10: LIGHT ME UP
Addison Rae - @Dolce Vita This looks like it was taken in your mama's basement, but you're on theme. Allison Harvard - @Outbound Yes, we've all seen this before, but we can't pretend like it's not a serve. Amanda Seyfried - @Littlejfrey From the knee up, I'm pleased. But this stance isn't powerful enough or unique enough to make an impression this round. Bella Hadid - @blackoutbaby The styling is right and the angles are sharp. It's not a round winner but it's certainly not a round loser. Guinevere van Seenus - @Lemon This is taken at a very cool angle, it almost looks like youre coming towards me in 3D. A definite standout. Joan Smalls - @Element Simple, clean. Not necessarily up to your usual standard but there are certainly lazier attempts in this batch. Kate Moss - @Young In Love This is one of the ones I was talking about, Joan. Sasha Pivovarova - @Opulent Excellent styling here, and the facial expression matches it well. The suspension element helps this stand out. Soap Collins - @Luckitty I mean you look stunning, and you're certainly striking a pose, but in a round where the pose is the centerpiece, I would have gone for something less pedestrian. Sora Choi - @petty We've had a lot of nude shots this season, but this is one of the few where you can clearly see how it's in service of the theme. Posing head to toe is well emphasized here. Zhou Xun - @Julia Fox The color contrast is nice. The facial expression is playful and inviting (appropriately). Theres nothing crazy going on here, but it works. Comeback entries will be addressed next.
-
ADÉLA's debut NYC show photographed by Rolling Stone
She hasn't even been that pushed
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
Honestly this was the same experience I had with ESV where I mostly enjoyed the album but couldn't get into the lead at all. I will say, this doesn't meet ESV's highs for me (River, Thousand Miles, You, RCL). I do kinda like easy listening, so maybe I'm an outlier.
-
HDD: ADÉLA's team did not submit her for 'Best New Artist'
There's no point in doing it this year, so smart.
-
FINNEAS, Aaron Rowe, Lukas Graham & Beoga drop out of Ed Sheeran tour
She's Matty Healy here I think
- Are you not entertained? A "deluxe" by Taylor Swift is coming.
- Ravyn Lenae's "Love Me Not" reaches top 5 on Global Spotify for the first time
-
Surrogacy: Your thoughts on its legality, morality, and ethics?
I'm fine with it, assuming all parties are operating with full knowledge and consent.
-
What is Beyoncé's biggest controversy in recent years?
The worst thing is the thing that has the least to do with her (Diddy).