Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, stupidjock said:

Is that quality in the room with us? Because 2 singles so far didn’t deliver it 

Houdini and TS are pop perfections in their own unique style, idk what you're talking about :johnald:

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 837.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

5 minutes ago, Aurora said:

The day people stop erroneously conflating low quantity with high quality, that day the world will be a better place. You can also have both and neither. They’re not mutually exclusive outcomes.

 

People quoting me are putting way too much emphasis on the 11 tracks comment. That has nothing to do with why it’s giving flop era to me. They were independent clauses.

 

I actually looooved Houdini and TS and am glad she’s not scrapping the era. But this does feel like a 180 in terms of aesthetic and not in a good way imo. Either way I’ll still be perched on release day.

So you loved Houdini and Training Season but have a problem with the quality of the songs and the visual aesthetic of an album you haven't heard yet and somehow you have a problem with the era?

 

Just say you're here for the charts and move on, otherwise, your statement has zero correlation and lacks logic. 

Queen of Teasing… she basically announced during her Brit Award speech 

 

 

 

 

Ugh the title is horrible, sorry. Sounds like she spent too much time with Yoga participants who then went on to talk about bad and good energies.. 

 

Also I LOATHE the fact that both Houdini and TS sent completely different Signals than this album cover. She was serving leather, black and Red + Grunge + smudged makeup  for 6 months only to reveal this cover? No mam

1 minute ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Also I LOATHE the fact that both Houdini and TS sent completely different Signals than this album cover. She was serving leather, black and Red + Grunge + smudged makeup  for 6 months only to reveal this cover? No mam

I like the cover but this is true. There’s no consistency with the visuals of Houdini and TS.

Idk about y'all but I LOVE the cover!!! And enjoy the singles so I'm perched for this.

1 minute ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Ugh the title is horrible, sorry. Sounds like she spent too much time with Yoga participants who then went on to talk about bad and good energies.. 

 

Also I LOATHE the fact that both Houdini and TS sent completely different Signals than this album cover. She was serving leather, black and Red + Grunge + smudged makeup  for 6 months only to reveal this cover? No mam

it's very much giving Britpop. I can't complain.

I kinda love the title and cover. Little tracks tho. She better give us that ultra-deluxe edition !!!

 

Big ass font too.

 

I think I love it textless tbh.

:clack:

Edited by tomo

6 minutes ago, Moonbeam said:

I’m aging myself here, but the cover reminds me of Laid Back’s Keep Smiling album.

 

spacer.png

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_Smiling_(album)

 

 

Wait this is nearly identical... must have been on the mood board

Just now, Joyride said:

it's very much giving Britpop. I can't complain.

Ill tune in of course and I can also listen to an album even if I detest the title, but the management of this whole era compared to FN is just day and night (literally lol). Its CRAZY to see how great TAP was in hindsight

Love the title, the number of tracks and the artwork. The songs are 2/2 so far, so can't wait to hear the rest 

Some of these lyrics are already giving very different vibes than those of Houdini and TS. Hopefully they don’t disappoint and the producers managed to make the album sonically cohesive because… :mazen:

I know the girls are pretty ignorant in here

But the photo and font are inspired by 90s britpop specially Blur's the great escape. It's not that hard to see

  • ATRL Moderator

Title could be iconic in the future (although I preferred Chaos Theory) but the cover could be a lot better

The title and the artwork especially are atrocious, and a huge downgrade from the gorgeous aesthetic of Future Nostalgia 

 

That being said what matters most is the quality, which I’d not worried about at all because the first two singles have been phenomenal 

Edited by abelfenty

4 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Wait this is nearly identical... must have been on the mood board

May we get some “White Horse”-like bops.

do we have any info on the length of the album? twitter is saying it's less than 30 minutes lol

It reminds me of the artwork for Blur's The Great Escape

 

tumblr_m55gh2LpvN1qbm479o1_1280.jpg45969-0.jpeg

 

Edited by smgupdated

I also don't really get why people compare this rollout to FN's. Sure, the management teams are not the same etc. but you have to keep in mind that their main aim with Future Nostalgia was to launch Dua Lipa as a superstar. Every single aspect from the live performances to, heck, even the clothing in her album cover had to be impeccable in order for people to notice her and listen to the music she'd keep releasing. Things have changed, they're not as worried as they were as then, and it's understandable. She may not be a household name, but she's definitely more known that she was back then. Things don't aaalways have to be perfect down to every detail.

Ariana, Kacey, Bey, Taylor, and Dua really all releasing within the span of 2 months omg

13 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

Yeah, I was loving the dark vibes from Houdini and Training Season, the optimism thing and the aesthetic feel kinda contradictory

 

1 minute ago, Sailor Moon said:

This looks like a SUMMER album

 

 

 

This is the only " problem " i have with this era , its a little bit all over the place 

 

She said this era is psychedelic like 100 times  , we never heard ANY psychedelic sound ... then Houdini and TS are kind of darker and we get this summery positive vibe of the album announcement 🤣

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.