Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

The album version of Houdini on Apple Music is slightly different from the single version.

 

It's over a second longer and the intro has a bit more of her walking and breathing before the proper song starts :toofunny3: I'm sure of that BUT I also think the production/mix might be a little altered. Somebody with proper earphones better listen and compare but I really think it sounds different.

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 837.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

hi my b*tchass just woke up (it's 4:24 pm in denver) and this was the first email that caught my eye today

 

AMAZING title :jonny5:

Just now, Jonathan Cruz said:

Where are you guys seeing the credits?

His name is barely visible in the picture of the booklet (that appears on her shop) but it’s there

47 minutes ago, smgupdated said:

It reminds me of the artwork for Blur's The Great Escape

 

tumblr_m55gh2LpvN1qbm479o1_1280.jpg45969-0.jpeg

 

Came here to post this along with jamilla woods because she has the same color scheme. I was instantly reminded of a fusion of both

 

spacer.png

37 minutes ago, scottstreet said:

It’s borderline insane that her team leaked the ENTIRE album lyrics on her own website. Like you can’t make that **** up it’s peak amateur behavior  :deadbanana2:

Everything about this era is messy.. starting with the shitty music videos :gaycat4:

I dont see whats the issue with the lyrics leaking. She’s not a poet. People go for Dua for the production, songwriting and her performance, not her words

Anyways

 

At least we know we're getting bops from this flop :jonny4:

1 minute ago, Yes, AND said:

Do you think these were added in the re recorded tracks ? 

No I don’t believe so, I just assume the album sonically is a bit more diverse then just “it’s psychedelic”. She’s made reference to 90s Britpop, Primal Scream, Massive Attack etc when talking about the album so I’m sure those sounds will be spread over the rest of the tracks. We’ve also had tracks mentioned with a Carole King/ Fleetwood Mac vibe and a “dreamy midtempo”.

3 hours ago, Starkboy said:

only 11 tracks 

only? because Future Nostalgia had like thrice that amount right

 

I think you might be forgetiing Moonlight edition era world, that happened later baby :gayalipacat1:

21 minutes ago, Harrys Hairflip said:

Both houdini and TS extended versions have a psychedelic/Tame Impala influence

Just google what psychedelic is 

Edited by shark_heather

  • ATRL Moderator

WOKE UP AND SCREAMEDDDDDD

 

MOTHER :jonny5:

 

I’m winning so hard with all these album releases

23 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

So we have gone from psychedelic to Brit pop. Makes sense. 

 

I know you're just trolling in this thread 

But britpop was mentioned early in the era

Maybe it's just about the visuals 

ATRLers will read the 7th grade vocabulary words “Radical Optimism” and suddenly it’s “she’s trying TOO hard. FAKE WOKE!!!” Let’s be honest, a lot of you decided you wouldn’t like the album cover or title the moment Houdini didn’t go top 10. 

 

Anyways, I actually think this is her best album cover. I love Future Nostalgia but it was mostly just a cvnty cover. I like that this one has a stronger concept that isn’t too hard to grasp onto. I also don’t think that there was… that much of a shift in aesthetic? The only real difference is there’s water in these covers. It’s not dramatically different from her bare face and minimalistic aesthetic in the Houdini and TS covers. I really don’t get the narrative that everything switched direction entirely.

 

I guess I’m just glad we didn’t get the rumored ESV copy cover.

14 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Dua-Lipa-Houdini.jpg

1200x1200bb.jpg

dua-lipa-album-art.jpg?w=1024

 

Nah man... the stark contrast from the single covers. I hate it :sorry:

The stark contrast being… water

2 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

Just google what psychedelic is 

Every interview we've gotten so far where she's mentioned it, it's been made clear that this album is grounded in pop like FN, but with influences from other genres, which include psychedelia, Brit pop, etc. She has never said this is a psychedelic album.

  • ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

WOKE UP AND SCREAMEDDDDDD

 

MOTHER :jonny5:

 

I’m winning so hard with all these album releases

TASTE :jonny5:

Absolutely LOVE the cover. Was so worried after the single covers. Super excited for this.

13 minutes ago, Augmented said:

No I don’t believe so, I just assume the album sonically is a bit more diverse then just “it’s psychedelic”. She’s made reference to 90s Britpop, Primal Scream, Massive Attack etc when talking about the album so I’m sure those sounds will be spread over the rest of the tracks. We’ve also had tracks mentioned with a Carole King/ Fleetwood Mac vibe and a “dreamy midtempo”.

OOH I am perched now, thanks for that ! 

  • ATRL Moderator

The red hair was a Little Mermaid easter egg all along I fear..

The way Radical Optimism is ten times better than whatever we were coming up oh DUALLAH

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.