Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

I wish she stuck with Houdini and Training Season’s more city-like aesthetics. I fear Future Nostalgia’s creative direction will never be outdone.

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 837.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

@Post Malone lurking and downvoting. Is it because Dua is serving excellent beach aesthetics before Camila's MIAMI?

 

:suburban:

5 minutes ago, Raptus said:

Her Radical Romantics is comming :jonny:

 

 

Radical Romantics - Wikipedia

 

Hopefully. That was my AOTY last year. 

5 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

I want this one.
Y'all know if her site ships to Mexico? :chick3:

her uk site does but shipping is more expensive than cd :snowball:

Legend said I WILL get in the pool with a shark no CGI **** :jonny5:

Interesting title and cover given how the singles were promoted. Still my expectations are high for this one. :duca:

My only critique is that both Houdini and Training Season are dark sounding bops and they kinda don't go with the summery aesthetics imo but let' see

 

31 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

ALBUM AESTHETICS / sea theme was a last minute change.

Girl, the album cover was shot last summer. You are a confirmed fraud.

i dont get the complaints about the aesthetic honestly. i feel like i fully get dua's vision for this era, concept, visuals, music, references... it's all clicking!

I like everything, my biggest concern is that the aesthetic doesn't match the vibe of the songs we have so far. Hopefully the third single will tie everything together?

 

Claiming Illusion, it sounds like the psychedelic serve we've all been waiting for & the title reminds me of Kylie/Aphrodite :smitten:

  • Author
28 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Vertigo never made sense IMO some members found a lyric from TS she liked and just ran with it :rip: 

It kind of made sense tho, with some of the visual choices 

the fact that megan is announcing her album really soon

the sweetest pie girlies are here!

  • ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

@Post Malone lurking and downvoting. Is it because Dua is serving excellent beach aesthetics before Camila's MIAMI?

 

:suburban:

Not this user being a menace as usual :suburban:

FINALLY :jonny::jonny::jonny: I have been waiting months for this announcement

 

Although I wish that the cover was better I still think it's cute, what matters most is that the tracklist looks promising

People have to remember Dua straight up said while FN was built around a specific sound/aesthetic (post-disco/late 70s/80s), DL3's construction revolved around a lyrical theme/idea. 

 

In other words, FN was specifically built around its aesthetic, which is why everything was so cohesive visually. Radical Optimism is built around an idea ("peace amidst chaos") and everything she includes in the era (aesthetically, sonically, etc.) is what she feels encapsulates that idea. I don't think we should expect cohesive looks.

Edited by _Fey

Wait not Dua referencing this iconic bop for her album cover :duca:

 

 

1 minute ago, Rider said:

My only critique is that both Houdini and Training Season are dark sounding bops and they kinda don't go with the summery aesthetics imo but let' see

 

I know it’s giving last minute change but at the end we got that “sign up for love optimism fun” thing from the start. Maybe the “dark side” is just a part of the album/era… and we’re going into something different now? H/TS are also both at the beginning of the album

 

also more of the songs it’s the performances for me, they were both a dark vibe so now this aesthetic feels weird 

 

Dua her complex mind 

10 minutes ago, beyonceparkwood said:

I wish she stuck with Houdini and Training Season’s more city-like aesthetics. I fear Future Nostalgia’s creative direction will never be outdone.

I honestly really like the new direction of the album, but yeah I'm struggling to see how Houdini and Traning Seasons vibe and aesthetics match with the album lol

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.