Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

Okay great album but she honestly should have kept Anything For Love, I don't understand its inclusion :katie: it doesn't add anything and doesn't feel significant. Could have been a super tight 10-track album at this point

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 839.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

and why she ate like that on Falling Forever :jonny::jonny: it maybe is dethroning Houdini :jonnycat:

9 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Honestly, her descriptions couldn't be more off... Either she's bad at describing her own music or they changed the album after Houdini flopped

It was definitely changed.  There is NO WAY she could possibly have been talking about this album at the start. IT literally makes no sense. 

Just now, SayIt said:

She is finally giving us vocals. That is all I have ever wanted from Dua :jonny4:

Miss Lupa truly shines embracing  that direction, it's like a perfect fit for her :clap3:

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Okay great album but she honestly should have kept Anything For Love, I don't understand its inclusion :katie: it doesn't add anything and doesn't feel significant. Could have been a super tight 10-track album at this point

yeah it feels out of place :bibliahh:

It's definitely not FN 2.0 I'll say, it has a different vibe.

 

3 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

This. Like the vocals in the first chorus and third are just copied and pasted. She needs to do more. 

Some of the more "grand" songs are screaming for something either adlibs or background vocals, without them they feel empty and they fall off a clif imo

28 minutes ago, Iceland said:

end of an era / houdini / training season 

this trinity :clap3:

 

These walls changes the mood of the album a bit, let's see. Cute bop tho :gaycat5:

The album open trinity :alexz:

Does the prechorus of Whatcha Doing sample something? It sounds so familiar but my senile brain can't quite name the song.

i know she had the nerve to scrap THE Ball & Chain and Borderline from FN multiple times so I'm sure there's another song we haven't heard that works better as the opener

Okay, so this is way more consistent than Future Nostalgia - it doesn't have trash such as Good In Bed & BWBB, but it also doesn't have the highs of FN - the Levitatings, the Physicals, the BMHs, the Love Agains, the DSNs...

 

Sadly, I see it as a forgotten flop by the end of the year that makes no impact on the market, but hopefully one day she discovers her full sound and stops limiting the songs with monotonous chorus structures, lack of adlibs and overall repetitive vocals performance. 

 

It was a good album, but nothing really stands out. Nothing has that spark that shined on Future Nostalgia. She seems very lost on this album even though some of the ideas are fun. 

I need Watcha Doin single release.. get Bruno on, get Harry on idk, just push ITTTTT

8 minutes ago, Jpkun said:

Does the prechorus of Whatcha Doing sample something? It sounds so familiar but my senile brain can't quite name the song.

Oh answered my own question. Sounds like the prechorus of Adele's Can I Get It and Oasis' Wonderwall

Edited by Jpkun

First listen was kinda underwhelming but now I'm listening to it with headphones while smoking a j with light blue led lights on in my room and it's HITTING!!! The singles besides Godini are kinda the worst tracks for me. She did it again I fear. Falling Forever?? Happy For You?? Maria??

Whatcha Doing could have been so great but it falla flat for me. That post chorus is a crime...some of the writing feels very lazy and uninspired to me ngl.

 

Anyway I'll revisit ut tomorrow

Whatcha Doing is the best song on the album btw. Maybe this will be the Levitating of the era.

I'm happy it's not like FN. I like most if not all the songs on this one surprisingly 

 

my faves:

End of an Era

Watcha Doing

French Exit 

Falling Forever 

Happy For You 

 

A remix album for this would eat so bad :jonny5:

 

7 minutes ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

10 minutes for the UK girlies :duca:

Enjoy UK girlies :duca: 

 

Let us know your favorites :duca:

howww LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGG 

HOW LONG?????????

 

CAN IT JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER??? CAN WE KEEP FALLING FO RE VERR??????

:clap3:

I feel like she's gonna pull a Kylie and release an album with extended versions

A minute in and the instrumentation on this album is already a standout. Oh, Kevin Parker, the KING that you are :WAP:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.