• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

The only actually annoying thing about this album for me is that there are two songs with "mm whatcha doing?" on the chorus. :deadbanana2:

Just now, ichabe said:

Where is the filler y'all talking about ? Everything's seems like a fine wine unlike FN.

Fn is a europop masterpiece lets not :rip:

47 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

It clearly did. 

What we got now is obviously the re recorded changed version. All the signs point to it. 

I would say that the album has two different sounds. I see some Britpop influences but there's not enough psychedelic-sounding songs. Houdini is an evolution in the dance-pop sound and Illusion is like the last album. If she does a deluxe edition / Moonlight-type re-release, I'd like to see more Houdini type songs.

-

1. I love End of an Era, Training Season, These Walls, Watcha Doing, Falling Forever, Maria and Happy For You are fantastic.

2. Houdini and Illusion are lead single material. Illusion sounds like something off Future Nostalgia and Houdini is an evolution of her last album's sound. Wished we had more songs in that vein. More psychedelic songs. A lot of these are very pop.

3. Love End of an Era and Happy For You as opener and closers. 

4. French Exit is kinda mediocre, it's a nice album track.

5. Anything For Love sounds unfinished. It sounds like two separate songs and at 2.22 minutes, I feel like the song needed to be longer to make the concept work. Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven is the perfect execution of this changing-song concept, as the song sounds like 3 different songs and lasts 6 minutes long and is a classic.

6. Future singles: Watcha Doing and Maria are top picks for me....End of an Era and These Walls have single potential. 

Just now, scottstreet said:

The only actually annoying thing about this album for me is that there are two songs with "mm whatcha doing?" on the chorus. :deadbanana2:

The lowkey kinda bothers me too lol

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

ITS NOT A BROKEN HEART IF I DON'T BREAK IT 

spacer.png

GOODBYE DOESN'T HURT IF I DON'T SAY IT

spacer.png

AND I REALLY HOPE YOU'LL UNDERSTAND IT 

spacer.png

ONLY WAY TO GO IS A FRENCH EXIT! 

Edited by wildsidenormani

Imagining the Falling Forever drums live :gaycat7:

1 minute ago, Asherio said:

On a new listen is it just me or End of An Era gives off JPOP/CITYPOP vibes

Well i felt that vibe on some tracks (Maria) so that might have been another influence with 90's Britpop.

Harry's House really runs so all her faves could take the same road :ryan3:

Posted (edited)

I'm going to be honest I still don't know how to feel, but I will say I think lyrically there a quite a few weak moments specially in some choruses. Also she really needs to tackle her last choruses, you can't copy and paste, she needs to deliver adlibs, or add layers of background vocals to elevate what is the last part of the song because it makes it uninteresting to listen and it kind of drags.

Ngl this will have to grow on me, I wanted to love it on first listen but it has left me kind of indifferent even tho I loved all 3 singles :noparty:

Edited by Cloudy
  • Like 1

Just now, Ghost said:

Imagining the Falling Forever drums live :gaycat7:

That s*** is going to pop off at Glastonbury.

• Like 1

Honestly, her descriptions couldn't be more off... Either she's bad at describing her own music or they changed the album after Houdini flopped

• Thanks 1

Just finished listening anddd 60/100 this is worse than familia

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Just now, halcyonday said:

Honestly, her descriptions couldn't be more off... Either she's bad at describing her own music or they changed the album after Houdini flopped

This omg.

There's the UK garage, Dua? Where's it? 

Just now, Ghost said:

The synths sprinkled in Maria :jonny5:

It actually reminds me a lot of Moloko's The Time Is Now

what song was Rolling Stone even talking about here? Pls dont say Anything For Love :deadbanana4:

There are no sweeping ballads, though there is one good ballad fake-out that blooms into a more buoyant Carole King- and Fleetwood Mac-inspired moment. 

Why she attempted to make an album like a songwriter will always be peculiar with me we wanted BOPS and mid tempo songs like WE'RE GOOD

my rank so far after my first listening:
End of an Era 10/10

Houdini 10/10

Training Season 8/10

These Walls 7/10

Watcha Doing 10/10

French Exit 7/10

Illusion 5/10

Falling Forever 10/10

Anything for Love 6/10

Maria 8/10

Happy for You 10/10

Solid album, and it's definitely not a FN 2.0 :rip: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

I'm going to be honest I still don't know how to feel, but I will say I think lyrically there a quite a few weak moments specially in some choruses. Also she really needs to tackle her last choruses, you can't copy and paste, she needs to deliver adlibs, or add layers of background vocals to elevate what is the last part of the song because it makes it uninteresting to listen and it kind of drags.

Ngl this will have to grow on me, I wanted to love it on first listen but it has left me kind of indifferent even tho I loved all 3 singles :noparty:

This. Like the vocals in the first chorus and third are just copied and pasted. She needs to do more. 

• Like 1

5 hours :gayalipacat5:

Amas 2019 GIF by AMAs

15 minutes ago, Ghost said:

French Exit :jonny5: sorry but songs like this are the reason why she just is above the other young pop girls of today

Whatcha Doing very good too!

My excitement for French exit now :jonny:

Thank you for sharing your favorites 

• Like 2

This is just such an incredible project, beginning to end. I can't really pick any favourites yet, but End Of An Era and Falling Forever were the immediate standout tracks to me. I know I'm gonna have hours and hours of fun with this album. :WAP:

• Like 1

sis should've taken some notes 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

12 minutes ago, Iceland said:

falling forever, yas Dua give me vocals :jonny5:

She is finally giving us vocals. That is all I have ever wanted from Dua :jonny4:

• Like 1

just finished listening for the first time. this is so not what i expected, some songs need to grow on me but definitely claiming it as my album of the summer :jonny:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.