Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 840.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

The only actually annoying thing about this album for me is that there are two songs with "mm whatcha doing?" on the chorus. :deadbanana2:

Just now, ichabe said:

Where is the filler y'all talking about ? Everything's seems like a fine wine unlike FN.

Fn is a europop masterpiece lets not :rip:

47 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

It clearly did. 

 

What we got now is obviously the re recorded changed version. All the signs point to it. 

I would say that the album has two different sounds. I see some Britpop influences but there's not enough psychedelic-sounding songs. Houdini is an evolution in the dance-pop sound and Illusion is like the last album. If she does a deluxe edition / Moonlight-type re-release, I'd like to see more Houdini type songs.

 

-

 

1. I love End of an Era, Training Season, These Walls, Watcha Doing, Falling Forever, Maria and Happy For You are fantastic.

 

2. Houdini and Illusion are lead single material. Illusion sounds like something off Future Nostalgia and Houdini is an evolution of her last album's sound. Wished we had more songs in that vein. More psychedelic songs. A lot of these are very pop.

 

3. Love End of an Era and Happy For You as opener and closers. 

 

4. French Exit is kinda mediocre, it's a nice album track.

 

5. Anything For Love sounds unfinished. It sounds like two separate songs and at 2.22 minutes, I feel like the song needed to be longer to make the concept work. Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven is the perfect execution of this changing-song concept, as the song sounds like 3 different songs and lasts 6 minutes long and is a classic.

 

6. Future singles: Watcha Doing and Maria are top picks for me....End of an Era and These Walls have single potential. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just now, scottstreet said:

The only actually annoying thing about this album for me is that there are two songs with "mm whatcha doing?" on the chorus. :deadbanana2:

The lowkey kinda bothers me too lol

spacer.png

 

ITS NOT A BROKEN HEART IF I DON'T BREAK IT 

 

spacer.png

 

GOODBYE DOESN'T HURT IF I DON'T SAY IT

 

spacer.png

 

AND I REALLY HOPE YOU'LL UNDERSTAND IT 


spacer.png
 

ONLY WAY TO GO IS A FRENCH EXIT! 

Edited by wildsidenormani

1 minute ago, Asherio said:

On a new listen is it just me or End of An Era gives off JPOP/CITYPOP vibes

Well i felt that vibe on some tracks (Maria) so that might have been another influence with 90's Britpop.

 

Harry's House really runs so all her faves could take the same road :ryan3:

I'm going to be honest I still don't know how to feel, but I will say I think lyrically there a quite a few weak moments specially in some choruses. Also she really needs to tackle her last choruses, you can't copy and paste, she needs to deliver adlibs, or add layers of background vocals to elevate what is the last part of the song because it makes it uninteresting to listen and it kind of drags.

 

Ngl this will have to grow on me, I wanted to love it on first listen but it has left me kind of indifferent even tho I loved all 3 singles :noparty:

Edited by Cloudy

Just now, Ghost said:

Imagining the Falling Forever drums live :gaycat7:

That s*** is going to pop off at Glastonbury.

Honestly, her descriptions couldn't be more off... Either she's bad at describing her own music or they changed the album after Houdini flopped

Just finished listening anddd 60/100 this is worse than familia

Just now, halcyonday said:

Honestly, her descriptions couldn't be more off... Either she's bad at describing her own music or they changed the album after Houdini flopped

This omg.

There's the UK garage, Dua? Where's it? 

Just now, Ghost said:

The synths sprinkled in Maria :jonny5:

It actually reminds me a lot of Moloko's The Time Is Now

what song was Rolling Stone even talking about here? Pls dont say Anything For Love :deadbanana4:

Quote

There are no sweeping ballads, though there is one good ballad fake-out that blooms into a more buoyant Carole King- and Fleetwood Mac-inspired moment. 

 

Why she attempted to make an album like a songwriter will always be peculiar with me we wanted BOPS and mid tempo songs like WE'RE GOOD

my rank so far after my first listening:
End of an Era 10/10

Houdini 10/10

Training Season 8/10

These Walls 7/10

Watcha Doing 10/10

French Exit 7/10

Illusion 5/10

Falling Forever 10/10

Anything for Love 6/10

Maria 8/10

Happy for You 10/10

 

Solid album, and it's definitely not a FN 2.0 :rip: 

6 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

I'm going to be honest I still don't know how to feel, but I will say I think lyrically there a quite a few weak moments specially in some choruses. Also she really needs to tackle her last choruses, you can't copy and paste, she needs to deliver adlibs, or add layers of background vocals to elevate what is the last part of the song because it makes it uninteresting to listen and it kind of drags.

 

Ngl this will have to grow on me, I wanted to love it on first listen but it has left me kind of indifferent even tho I loved all 3 singles :noparty:

This. Like the vocals in the first chorus and third are just copied and pasted. She needs to do more. 

15 minutes ago, Ghost said:

French Exit :jonny5: sorry but songs like this are the reason why she just is above the other young pop girls of today

 

Whatcha Doing very good too!

My excitement for French exit now :jonny:

 

Thank you for sharing your favorites 

This is just such an incredible project, beginning to end. I can't really pick any favourites yet, but End Of An Era and Falling Forever were the immediate standout tracks to me. I know I'm gonna have hours and hours of fun with this album. :WAP:

 

12 minutes ago, Iceland said:

falling forever, yas Dua give me vocals :jonny5:

She is finally giving us vocals. That is all I have ever wanted from Dua :jonny4:

just finished listening for the first time. this is so not what i expected, some songs need to grow on me but definitely claiming it as my album of the summer :jonny:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.