Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

I'm sorry, but this album is under-seasoned, half baked, lukewarm, lifeless and phoned in.

I guess the singles she picked (even if pretty mediocre) were the "best" choices. This album will definitely be a catch me or I go Houdini moment. Short lived indeed.

:nicole:

@Oxygen, where my debut Dua at. You know, the one that was making good music.

• Like 1

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy For You is an absolute career highlight. What a beautiful, ethereal song!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SayIt said:

Keep us posted! We want to know what you think. Us "USA" girlies still have to wait :jonny:

These Walls is a melancholy vibe and a different style for Dua, Whatcha Doing is a stone cold bop, French Exit is the most surprising so far, completely different to anything else in her discography. Impressed so far :clap3:

Posted (edited)

Well time to put that Radical Optimism to practice

:ryan3:

Edited by Cloudy

Is that a flute in Maria :deadbanana:

Posted (edited)

Okay, Dua, let's get in the booth and record that garage/DnB album to appease the locals.

giphy.gif

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Oh I was so ready to love These Walls with all different people hyping it up but….she served an immaculate chorus but the rest did nothing for me :biblio:

Now why is that Line of Best Fit review so mad at her :deadbanana2:

I would get a 60 or else but there's no way it's a 30

• Like 1

Just now, Lady Claire said:

Right, very nasty. Drag her all you want for the album not being psychelic but the personal drags? :deadbanana:

There's no f*cking way she got a 30 that counts for Metacritic…. 

Whatcha Doin really is straight out from katy's SMIHELL isn't it, but it could work as a single :suburban:

1 minute ago, Lady Claire said:

It does feel so hateful for no reason. lol 

Poor Dua, at least this wig snatching reviews might make her abandon the red hair.

Firestarter soooo belongs on this album! Why didn't they include it on a deluxe version at least? Maria sounds similar to it.

Happy for you giving Ray of light vibes :WAP: my fave song

Anything for BOP being so short??? Maybe she does deserve those 3s

146d88e27006245aa74109374c919c544e263dc8

9 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

They keep posting the flop publications as if they count for metacritic 

Line of best fit does. 

Whatcha Doing was a cute bop. Waters she's clearly treaded before but at least she does it well! The religion,collision,vision rhyming was giving very much songwriting 101 but oh well. Also this was yet another track from her where the final chorus needed something more…a big vocal moment, adlibs, harmonies an alternate melody choice just anything to differentiate it a bit from the previous choruses 

• Like 2

Agree with some of the lashings, but those coming for her personal life and forcing her to put out there some obscure details cause that's a requirement for her to be a star can back off really :rip: Is this the post-Taylor Swift pop landscape of oversharing details from your life on pop music?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Why is this being panned I'm starting to like it a lot:noparty:

Just now, BlackoutZone said:

Agree with some of the lashings, but those coming for her personal life and forcing her to put out there some obscure details cause that's a requirement for her to be a star can back off really :rip: Is this the post-Taylor Swift pop landscape of oversharing details from your life on pop music?

They didn't do that. You need to read it again. 

• Like 1

I hope this means tour tickets will be easy to get :ryan3:

These panned reviews... Pop emergency 

Just now, BlackoutZone said:

Like... :rip: Johnny Cash never shot a man and Donna Summer wasn't a Bad Girl... not every song has to be PeRsOnAl!!1!.

I was just thinking today about how fictional narratives in pop music are dying and it's such a sad thing to witness.

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.