Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

11 minutes ago, Miichael said:

Starting my first listen :jonny5:

Keep us posted! We want to know what you think. Us "USA" girlies still have to wait :jonny:

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 841.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

If this came out a month earlier, it would've gotten 10s across the board. Taylor broke poptimism

 

:suburban:

Dua girl we still love you. You just used the wrong word. 🤍

 

Watch her use this as fuel just as when people said she couldn't dance. 

Critics that matters:

The Guardian: 3/5
Independient: 5/5
Irish Times: 4/5
The Telegraph: 4/5

Whilst listening to filler season I feel like I need to comment about her describing the album. The thing is with Dua she absolutely NAILED the album influences with Future Nostalgia (Blondie, Moloko, Jamiroquai etc) so I fail to understand why she didn't get her intentions properly across on this go around 

I don't really love the album right now. Houdini is still great, very catchy. I really like French Exit and Watcha Doing is my favorite (by a large margin) so far. But yeah, the rest of the songs are decent, but not very strong. And the lyrics are way too cliché. I'll listen to it again tomorrow, but it feels like a weak 6/10 right now. Also, some of the songs are kinda boring for me, and it's the worst thing a generic pop song can be... 

Didn't realise NME still did scores under 80. Duallah single handedly defeating poptimism

 

:suburban:

If control is my religion

bouncing boobs GIF

And I'm headin' for collision

bouncing boobs GIF

Lost my 20/20 vision

bouncing boobs GIF

5 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Brutal ... 

 

Quote

Nobody needs to know the details of Lipa's real life to lend her songs weight, but there should still be something in her performance, delivery, songwriting or production that sets them apart from platitudes, from background noise. In her dance-pop singles, she's proven that she can do the 'pop' part, but the 'star' is still lacking.

 

2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Yeah they are panning the album for what it is not, but she really had it coming :chick1: 

How do you know? 

Falling forever making me feel like I'm dancing on a skyscraper with my boobs out and a glass of veuve clipuot :WAP:

not this album serving panned after flopped :dies: i just hope they don't cut the era short cause i need videos for FF and Maria

The lashings :rip:

 

Independent and Rolling Stone are the only ones who are still automatically giving high scores to every popstar.

 

Poptimism is OVER

5 minutes ago, SayIt said:

Is this good or bad I can't tell :jonny:

Bad, they are basically calling her a lying bish!! 

yeah, the album is kinda weak, but Watcha Doing is a SMASH, I'll have it on replay for weeks! :WAP:

Not her getting panned i-

 

:suburban:

 

 

Still is her best album idc!!!!

4 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

Critics that matters:

The Guardian: 3/5
Independient: 5/5
Irish Times: 4/5
The Telegraph: 4/5

They keep posting the flop publications as if they count for metacritic 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.