Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Yes, AND said:

It clearly did. 

 

What we got now is obviously the re recorded changed version. All the signs point to it. 

if you get it you would see how all the songs fit perfectly together... and the aesthetic fits the album really well too. this was always a summer album.

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 840k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

4 minutes ago, despy said:

i see "falling forever" as a faster version of Love Again

sounds awesome :duca:

 

reading everything y'all have been saying... makes this sound right up my alley omfg can't wait for tonightttt

43 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

end of an era sounds like the perfect mid-tempo summer smash

i wish the first chorus was longer though

nvm

on my second listen and i changed my mind. it's perfect the way it is

spacer.png

Maria is growing on me now. I had an issue with the chorus but now it's sounding better

 

insta.thumb.gif.1b56441810a14bfe09afe93c

 

This is my first Dua album release on ATRL.
 

I can't contain my excitement :duca:

 

The only snippet I have heard is These Walls that Dua posted. I hope this listen will be magical for me :duca:

Just finished it. Idk i dont think i'll ever go back to this album other than Houdini. 

Good luck to her but nothing really stands out. Just bunch of fillers. 

+ Kevin Parker never really did a good job with pop girls. His sound only works for him. 

There's nothing psychedelic about this :deadbanana2: The whole album feels very... Euro-pop; like the kind of music they would play in a lounge or cafe in Paris. And some tracks give straight-up Eurovision vibe (Falling Forever)

 

"These Walls" is the highlight for me. It's basic but it feels different for Dua and a good summery track.

it's not a broken heart if i don't break it

 

insta.thumb.gif.1b56441810a14bfe09afe93c

 

goodbye doesn't hurt if i don't say it

 

insta.thumb.gif.1b56441810a14bfe09afe93c

 

i will miss a global smash with these walls if i don't release it

 

insta.thumb.gif.1b56441810a14bfe09afe93c

The production feels far too subdued on most of the album for me personally. It feels like it's lacking something, definitely going to have to listen a few more times to see if it grows on me.

Early ranking:

 

1. Houdini
2. Watcha Doing
3. French Exit
4. Training Season
5. These Walls
6. Maria
7. Happy For You
8. Illusion
9. End of an Era
10. Falling Forever
11. Anything For Love

4 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

Just finished it. Idk i dont think i'll ever go back to this album other than Houdini. 

Good luck to her but nothing really stands out. Just bunch of fillers. 

+ Kevin Parker never really did a good job with pop girls. His sound only works for him. 

Thank god I'm not the only one with the same opinion.  I got a warning and people thought I was trolling just because I am not liking the new songs. Houdini was ok it grew on me too. 

Falling forever could have been great but that loud forever note is too much for my ears. These walls is tolerable i guess.

NO MORE YOU ARE NOT MY TYPE

 

talk gretchen GIF

 

NO MORE AT LEAST I TRIED

 

talk gretchen GIF

 

DONE WITH THE LONELY NIGHTS
 

HEEEEEEY *ethereal angel whisper*

love it:

End Of An Era

Houdini

Whatcha Doing

Illusion

Anything For Love

Maria

cute, will grow on me later:

*Training Season

These Walls

French Exit

Falling Forever

Happy For You

garbaj:

N/A

______________________________________________________________________________

*stanned training season upon release but now i think it's not that great tbh

7.5/10 from me, based on two listens

one of my favorite releases from this year btw

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, perfectillusion204 said:

Girl both albums are dance pop and nothing genre bending lol. It's not really a brand new sound for her. Most people (specifically the GP) won't think twice about this being some departure from her past sound… because it's not.

Yea I am sure y'all are just trolling at this point so I'm not gonna entertain this. 

1 minute ago, curiousladybug said:

Yea I am sure y'all are just trolling at this point so I'm not gonna entertain this. 

To ignore is a blessing my friend. 
 

:gayalipacat3:

I don't understand why the album is out rn on UK and not on midnight local time? 12am UK time is the exact time when Spotify starts counting streams for the full debut day. This will mess up her day one streams a bit. So weird. :deadbanana:

Edited by scottstreet

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.