Perrie - "Forget About Us"

JustLikeMagic

3 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Music videos don't do much these days even for the most established western artists, so this isn't going to compete with anything Taylor drops. It will certainly help with boosting streams though, even if it's only the equivalent of an extra 100 sales. 

MV and physicals second week better than nothing so will take everything that's coming :jonny4:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Slayer

• tbhmatt

• WERKER

• ImpressMeMuch

She's going to miss out on Top 10 because of no music video and all physicals not being released isn't she?

I kind of hate this strategy of releasing so many singles before the album. It's obviously just the label hedging their bets before they're prepared to pay for an album release. 

Most albums should be 13/14 songs, anything more feels bloated, and already having listened to 1/3 of the album before release makes it feel less special.

There's also something to be said for striking while the iron is hot. It obviously depends on the songs but it's likely her first single will do better than her second, her second single will do better than her third, etc. With so many singles the album doesn't get released until maybe eight or nine months after the first single, which is too long imo. Lead in April, second single in June/July/August (depending on the longevity of FAU), album a few weeks after the second single sounds better to me.

Edited by Gelato
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

She's going to miss out on Top 10 because of no music video and all physicals not being released isn't she?

I was just about to say, if the MV dropped on release day and the physicals were shipped she'd have the top 10 secured lol. It looks like she's probably going to *just* miss out?

i like that they didn't put everything into debut week. hopefully she can scrape into the top 10 and have longevity. so far i'm satisfied with their moves, if they get a second single out quickly i'll be impressed. no 6 week wait next time.

11 minutes ago, WERKER said:

MV and physicals second week better than nothing so will take everything that's coming :jonny4:

The streams have held up pretty well so far on Spotify so I think she'll avoid a big drop second week with the MV and physicals, I think at worst she'll secure 2 consecutive weeks in the Top 20 which would be a good start 

Nnn think I'll faint if this misses top 10 especially as the start of the week was so promising.

I feel like her fans on discord aren't even trying to buy or stream / promote but maybe it's full of kids who knows :shutup:

I legitimately though this was a new Kelly Clarkson release when I first heard this song. 

I know it sounds generic but I'm eating it up!

tbh it's a shame they didn't release this the week before because it was a really crowded week for new songs in the end. even more so for female pop singers. perrie would have benefitted big time if not having to fight so much for the spotlight with other artists in her same demographic. last week was super quiet for new entries, so the music video this week along with physicals would have worked out better. the strategy was sound in hindsight - i never thought she could reach top 10 without the music video and physicals! 

it's pretty remarkable that she is going head to head with dua and sabrina, without the physicals and without the music video, while they both have big budget music videos.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WERKER said:

Nnn think I'll faint if this misses top 10 especially as the start of the week was so promising.

I feel like her fans on discord aren't even trying to buy or stream / promote but maybe it's full of kids who knows :shutup:

I will die if this misses Top 10 :deadbanana2:

I really hope she debuts in the Top 10!

• Like 3

Not me getting an email from the Little Mix mailing list about this song coming out :redface:

Edited by glitch
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, glitch said:

Not me getting an email from the Little Mix mailing list about this song coming out :redface:

yea I was looking at the email too:dies: promo is a promo haha

I don't want chu to ever FORGAHHHHHHHH

spacer.png

FORGET ABOUT US!!

spacer.png

I'm addicted. It's like a faster Daisies with Never Really Over lyrics sprinkled with some Kelly Clarkson belting. Perrie's vocal is so strong and powerful such a queen.

@Walk_Away21 have you reached stan mode yet for new solo Perrie?!!

4 minutes ago, Sexyzinger said:

I don't want chu to ever FORGAHHHHHHHH

spacer.png

FORGET ABOUT US!!

spacer.png

I'm addicted. It's like a faster Daisies with Never Really Over lyrics sprinkled with some Kelly Clarkson belting. Perrie's vocal is so strong and powerful such a queen.

@Walk_Away21 have you reached stan mode yet for new solo Perrie?!!

SHE'S TAKING IT

mOG6mNe.gif

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Slayer said:

10 in the mids

They need to start shipping physicals NOW

I expect Miss Perrie to be in the warehouse physically shipping out some physicals herself today to secure a top 10 debut…

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, tbhmatt said:

Music videos don't do much these days even for the most established western artists

Not this lie. Sabrina Carpenter music video literally helped her with smashing. She's gaining new views she's never seen on YouTube. 

It is always a good thing to drop visual's to your music. 

People are still begging Beyonce for her music videos. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Facelessboy said:

Not this lie. Sabrina Carpenter music video literally helped her with smashing. She's gaining new views she's never seen on YouTube. 

It is always a good thing to drop visual's to your music. 

People are still begging Beyonce for her music videos. 

Unless you're an established Artist you should 100% be dropping a music video with your song. 

Youtube is kinda dead but clips end up on tiktok and encourage people to check out the song. 

• Like 3

They've started shipping the CDs from the bundle! So they'll be shipping the vinyls/cassettes another time.

Edited by The Slayer

1 hour ago, The Slayer said:

They've started shipping the CDs from the bundle! So they'll be shipping the vinyls/cassettes another time.

Yeah my CD has shipped. My question is if you ordered the bundle, did it class as 1 sale or 3 separate sales. 

I ordered all separately when there was free shipping just incase. 

UK Spotify

Day 6

47 (-3) 136,294  (-9,820)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.