Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Featured Replies

Wasn't online yesterday but... HYOYEON SLAYED OMG. DEEP is SOTY for me :flame:
Sooooo ready for SNSD's comeback. Legends.

  • Replies 78.1k
  • Views 4.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

She's already done so much for the LGBT community with REBOOT but we always appreciate more :alexz:

 

 

1 hour ago, Dialamba said:

Not Karina getting a cf before winter when she has the most viewed 4th gen fancam, highest on BR, and Naver search than Karina. She’s the only who can rival Wonyoung. :gaycat6:

I think that’s why SM is pushing Karina so much. Winter is carrying herself. Better to have two near equal popular members than one who is far above the rest. 
 

Idk, if I was in a group with a member like Wonyoung/Suzy I’d feel kinda useless since she gets everything and all the attention

The discourse over which member should get what is ridiculous. It's clear SM is trying out a more Yoona\Taeyeon way of promoting where one member gets multiple CFs, etc while the other will likely do stuff like OSTs & maybe a CF here or there. 

And it's not like Karina is completely unpopular herself, she's the most popular member among people (especially women) in their 20s. 

Edited by Billionaire

omg I'm late but soooo excited for SNSD :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6:

 

the way it'll be a guaranteed success but please DELIVER ladies :WAP:

3 hours ago, Adama said:

Isn’t Tyler in jail :dies:??  

Isn't he hiding in Vanuatu to keep evading taxes or something?

Why is Jeongyeon's ig name jy_piece :rip: It's literally a word play on JYP. I thought she was the one most likely to leave.

1 hour ago, Tomek said:

Karina doesn't have the personality to back it up 

she's kind of mundane 

she has a super interesting personality but nonetheless being boring stopped some of the most successful visual idols since when?

 

IT-GIRLS-VACAY.gif

 

11 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Isn't he hiding in Vanuatu to keep evading taxes or something?

 

he is not (he was staying there) and he settled that damn evasion lawsuit too :skull:

 

IT-GIRLS-VACAY.gif

Edited by Seiko Oomori

SM better give us a Taeyeon level budget Music video. They have 2 months to film and produce something iconic. I don’t want another Holiday Mess, give the Girls thier Magnum Opus. 

3 hours ago, SickLove said:

1) How exactly are we supposed to approach someone potentially bullying disabled classmates to the point of having a restraining order be placed on them?

2) I have seen a lot of international stans absolutely carrying the same energy for western artists as they do for korean artists. For an example that I think could be equivalent to Garam's case (since I can't think of any US/UK celeb who has a stan following and who was accused of bullying disabled people): Camilla Cabello was accused of bullying Normani, with this bullying involving the use of racial slurs against her. Between that and her old tumblr blog on which she reblogged several racist posts on, she still gets called racist every single day, with her most known nickname being KKKamilla (please don't warn me for this, I'm just using it as an example). International fans who don't have the same energy for western artists probably don't follow western artists the same way they do kpop artists. 

3) I agree with pretty much everything else such as idols being allowed date whoever they want, having more freedom to be themselves, and whatnot, but again, the current debate is about someone potentially bullying a disabled classmate, and it is worth mentioning that in a lot of the cases bullying in Korea always tends to be quite severe if not downright violent. I don't think anyone in this world should be allowed off easy (keep in mind that I'm not saying they should never be forgiven) for bullying someone who's part of any marginalized groups since the victim has to carry and live with any trauma they got from that period of time with them for a long time, if not for the rest of their lives. 

As it stands for now, nothings been proved on either side and you do make very valid points, just maybe not under the most right circumstances :priceless:

This supposed bullying scandal happened way before Garam debuted, like she was literally a 12 year old child when this supposedly happened :skull: I'm not saying what she did was right at all, but it's not fair for people to bring up what she did when she was child, when she is literally turning 18 this year. Like what have western artists not done before they debuted and even after they debuted :skull: A lot of these western kpop stans don't care what western artist do, but God forbid if one idol forgets or doesn't bow down twice to their favorite idol, as if they are Korean themselves and understand the culture :rip:  The biggest problem is, why are western Kpop stans judging Kpop scandals with a Korean mindset, when they normally wouldn't give 2 f*** if an western celebrity were to do it :michael: 

 

#LeGaramfimWillThrive

le-sserafim-debut-single-fearless-receiv

1 hour ago, DanyelP23 said:

Why is Jeongyeon's ig name jy_piece :rip: It's literally a word play on JYP. I thought she was the one most likely to leave.

She’s trolling us. The resident prankster queen of Twice strikes again! 
IT-GIRLS-VACAY.gif

we need to stop pretending that twice made terrible music before fancy cause this is a masterpiece

 

IT-GIRLS-VACAY.gif

Edited by Billionaire

14 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

This supposed bullying scandal happened way before Garam debuted, like she was literally a 12 year old child when this supposedly happened :skull: I'm not saying what she did was right at all, but it's not fair for people to bring up what she did when she was child, when she is literally turning 18 this year. Like what have western artists not done before they debuted and even after they debuted :skull: A lot of these western kpop stans don't care what western artist do, but God forbid if one idol forgets or doesn't bow down twice to their favorite idol, as if they are Korean themselves and understand the culture :rip:  The biggest problem is, why are western Kpop stans judging Kpop scandals with a Korean mindset, when they normally wouldn't give 2 f*** if an western celebrity were to do it :michael: 

 

#LeGaramfimWillThrive

le-sserafim-debut-single-fearless-receiv

I don’t about you but Harassing a supposedly a disabled at 12 is concerning. You have to be a sick and twisted person. 
Also keep in mind fans have a different mindset toward western artists because unlike kpop.  they don’t that clean image. They’re doing their music and that’s it. 
Idols are selling perfection I mean that’s not their fault but when you play that person image all the time people will immediately cancel for the tiny things. Look some idols have weed scandals for us it’s nothing but in Korea that’s a huge crime. We need to understand we’re coming from different backgrounds if for you it’s doesn’t matter for some it does. :michael:

2 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

SM has always intended for Karina to be the it-girl of aespa. Like Black Mamba alone should be proof of that. The amount of screen time and center she got from debut compared to the other members :skull: The other members were literally being set up especially Giselle :deadbanana2:

 

The camera was only focusing on her during the chorus, and we didn't get to see the other members at all  :skull: 

aespa-aespa-black-mamba.gif

 

Like this high budget scene alone showed us that she was going to be the main girl from debut :dies:

98dd5a45c539ddb854bd220e35cf9028584ae31c

I don’t blame. I’m sure everyone thought she would be the main girl. Since she looks a typical Sm visual. Winter’s teaser was just her doing some acrobatic while the other girls were showing their skills people thought she would be a talentless visual but she served vocals. :gaycat6:

2 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

I don’t blame. I’m sure everyone thought she would be the main girl. Since she looks a typical Sm visual. Winter’s teaser was just her doing some acrobatic while the other girls were showing their skills people thought she would be a talentless visual but she served vocals. :gaycat6:

I don't think Karina looks like a typical sm visual though. Previous sm gg visuals have a traditional korean beauty, Karina's visual doesn't scream too traditional kbs but a lot more CGI-d. If anything Winter is the closest typical sm looking visual in aespa. 

15 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

I don’t about you but Harassing a supposedly a disabled at 12 is concerning. You have to be a sick and twisted person. 
Also keep in mind fans have a different mindset toward western artists because unlike kpop.  they don’t that clean image. They’re doing their music and that’s it. 
Idols are selling perfection I mean that’s not their fault but when you play that person image all the time people will immediately cancel for the tiny things. Look some idols have weed scandals for us it’s nothing but in Korea that’s a huge crime. We need to understand we’re coming from different backgrounds if for you it’s doesn’t matter for some it does. :michael:

Yeah I literally don't care about 99 % of the kpop scandals, since I'm just neutral and just try to enjoy kpop for what it is and the music, and I don't really dislike or hate any idol :michael:  Though some kpop stans can be the worst :biblio:

Edited by Pluto2022

17 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The biggest problem is, why are western Kpop stans judging Kpop scandals with a Korean mindset, when they normally wouldn't give 2 f*** if an western celebrity were to do it :michael: 

You raise some interesting points

 

I remember the first few times I was exposed to these idol scandals about smoking, dating and middle school bullying I was like ???? while it didn't seem strange to everyone else that this kind of stuff would end a career 

 

I think as you become more and more immersed in Kpop culture, you lose sight of your initial stance on this kind of matter and you start seeing it through the Korean lense in order to rationalize and try to understand the overreaction to these things that are a lot less controversial elsewhere 

 

I mean I can understand for the bullying and the west should probably be just as harsh on this matter but the fact that dating or smoking can get an idol kicked out of their group is still incomprehensible to me :deadbanana2:

37 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

This supposed bullying scandal happened way before Garam debuted, like she was literally a 12 year old child when this supposedly happened :skull: I'm not saying what she did was right at all, but it's not fair for people to bring up what she did when she was child, when she is literally turning 18 this year. Like what have western artists not done before they debuted and even after they debuted :skull: A lot of these western kpop stans don't care what western artist do, but God forbid if one idol forgets or doesn't bow down twice to their favorite idol, as if they are Korean themselves and understand the culture :rip:  The biggest problem is, why are western Kpop stans judging Kpop scandals with a Korean mindset, when they normally wouldn't give 2 f*** if an western celebrity were to do it :michael: 

 

#LeGaramfimWillThrive

le-sserafim-debut-single-fearless-receiv

She’s 16…

some kpop scandals are totally over nothing (smoking, weed, Dozen being a coinslot), but bullying a disabled classmate to the point of a restraining order is some straight up evil **** :rip:

 

there’s a difference between kids just being regular assh*les because they don’t know better and what her allegations are

Just now, cloudbusting said:

some kpop scandals are totally over nothing (smoking, weed, Dozen being a coinslot), but bullying a disabled classmate to the point of a restraining order is some straight up evil **** :rip:

 

there’s a difference between kids just being regular assh*les because they don’t know better and what her allegations are

Exactly :rip: most kpop scandals are pathetic but Garam's is probably the worst one I've heard for a while

 

Imagine being a student who witnessed her crazy behaviour a couple years back to now see her as an idol with a complete switch up in personality on screen :deadbanana4: no wonder students still spoke up after the suing threat was made by HYBE

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.