Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

That Pitchfork review is an example of the problem that has existed between critics and Gaga since... literally day one. A lot of them just don't get her and I really don't think it's fair to call any of the new material a "rehash."

 

Lady Gaga "going back" to being Lady Gaga is not necessarily regressive because Lady Gaga herself popularized the things she's known for and the things that made her an enigmatic icon. Besides that, even though there are definitely elements of her earlier work incorporated into the new music, it's still fresh and elevated and reflective of her evolution as an artist. 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

1 minute ago, WildAmerican said:

someone said that Disease might been rushed released to sweep JFAD under the rug, and I could see it....

that makes sense. 

 

Because I remember how disappointed I was at the disease mv because I was expecting Alejandro's sister after the director and Paris posted Alejandro-related pics. Abra though, is 100% Alejandro's sister. 

I can't believe she delivered such a masterpiece, like Disease was really good, but Abracadabra (both song and MV) is literally a career highlight ??? :WAP:

2 minutes ago, LostInStereo100 said:

So let me get this straight/gay. 
 

Abra is already about to pass Disease in total likes on YouTube? 
 

:rip:
 

 

 

Yes :rip:

 

Disease has 719.321 likes and Abra 586.273 already

9 minutes ago, The ****ess said:

I hate to bring the album cover up but I will. How does that boring b&w picsart selfie represent such EXPLOSIVE and complex songs like abracadabra and disease?

This. Whether I like it or not, it doesn't represent the era

 

4 minutes ago, opbranden said:

spacer.png

 

Problem fixed 

This is just perfect. Exactly the same concept, but elevated and more in sync with the era.

 

Still, just an observation, not pretending to throw hate to the cover.

Why is anyone taking bitchfork seriously? I've hated them since back when they used to crap on my favorite indie bands.

 
They can give praise to a watered down gaga-lite chappell roan but gaga returning to her own sound is a problem?

not-realistic-sassy.gif

 

 

 
Just now, Nico Robin said:

Yes :rip:

 

Disease has 719.321 likes and Abra 586.273 already

I don't understand, Disease is so good, mv included... :chick3:

 

But slaaaaay Abra, it's the success she deserves :alexz:

Sorry if I'm double posting, my Internet is trash right now, im gonna go see what's up

FzG3iLMaIAAk12W.jpg

 

10 minutes ago, Plasticdoll said:

What did they say about the video?

 

The videos for "Abracadabra" and its predecessor "Disease" both feature Gaga squaring off against other versions of herself—each an impeccably costumed, high-concept affair.

6 minutes ago, The ****ess said:

61vT9BecuyL._SL1500_.jpg

 

this is exquisite imo - I love the look her in eyes, the upwards angle, the long straight black hair, it's very neogoth / heavy metal

i see your point but i'm sure theres a reason why she chose the final official cover.

7 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

do we think Gaga will do more music videos for the era or is this likely the last one? :chick1:

I want two more :chick3:

vanish into you along with the album release!

1 minute ago, Universo said:

 

The videos for "Abracadabra" and its predecessor "Disease" both feature Gaga squaring off against other versions of herself—each an impeccably costumed, high-concept affair.

why people saying thats bad? 

6 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

do we think Gaga will do more music videos for the era or is this likely the last one? :chick1:

I want two more :chick3:

She seems really into it, so I'd say one more could be coming sooner or later.

 

Hopefully 2 :gaycat5:

1 minute ago, Hair said:

5,000,000 VIEWS @ 17 HOURS

 

 

it's getting 300-350k per hour, if it continues that way it can close with 7-7,5m in the first 24 hours.

listening to ABRACAGODGA while swinging around in spider man on my PS... this and a vape, happiness comes so easy for me

31 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Tbh I respect the review. They acknowledge it's a return to form quality wise while also not being groundbreaking. It's a mix of Gaga of the past mixed with the "dated" industrial EDM and electronics sounds of the mid 2010s yet she still makes it good enough to enjoy in 2025. The last sentence is also the most poignant. Gaga is constantly compared not to other pop stars anymore but mostly to her own past work. Even when disgruntled fans complain it's usually because she didn't give them what they liked from her past self. It's a unique hot take tbh (at least for a music publication…we on the other hand have had these discussions for ages now lol)

Her catalogue is too diverse so everyone has a different expectation on what the ideal version of Gaga is. It will always be difficult to reach a conclusive consensus between publications.

 

Also whenever a review relates Gaga to her contemporaries it feels kinda... random? It makes much more sense when she is compared to Bowie, Prince, Madonna, Grace Jones, Elton, etc. Legend thingz, I guess.

Recent Female Artists' videos' of their (second singles) first 24 hours on YouTube:

 

Taylor Swift - I Can Do It With A Broken Heart: 7 million views

Billie Eilish - Birds of a Feather: Over 4 million views

Ariana Grande - We Can't Be Friends (Wait For Your Love): Over 6 million views

Sabrina Carpenter - Please Please Please: Over 6 million views

Lady Gaga - Abracadabra: Over 5 million views (17 hours) 

1 minute ago, partynauseous said:

it's getting 300-350k per hour, if it continues that way it can close with 7-7,5m in the first 24 hours.

I want it to beat APT bots

Just now, Doctor Dick said:

Recent Female Artists' videos' of their (second singles) first 24 hours on YouTube:

 

Taylor Swift - I Can Do It With A Broken Heart: 7 million views

Billie Eilish - Birds of a Feather: Over 4 million views

Ariana Grande - We Can't Be Friends (Wait For Your Love): Over 6 million views

Sabrina Carpenter - Please Please Please: Over 6 million views

Lady Gaga - Abracadabra: Over 5 million views (17 hours) 

ohh if we manage to beat taylor

DWAS did approximately 5.5 million views in its 1st 24 hours. Abracadabra is crossing 6 million (at least) in the 1st 24 hours by the looks of it 

1 minute ago, Funtonight15 said:

Also it's reached #1 on WW iTunes chart 

IMG-4269.png

All 3 songs from MAYHEM in the Top 6 IKTR

 

mq3ehA1Y.gif

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.