Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Just now, Album Leak said:

It's always on Gaga's shoulders to reinvent the goddamn wheel. And I wouldn't mind the criticism that much if TF, TFM and BTW got the critical praise they deserved and the general field Grammy wins, BUT THEY DIDN'T. Her debut eras didn't get the benefit of the doubt of poptimism until it became clear that nobody could reach similar heights in pop music for years to come.  

THIS. If someone is long overdue for her flowers, its LADY ******* GAGA. She reinvented the pop scene only for each of these leech publications and media outlets to tear her down during ARTPOP. GIVE HER THE ******* FLOWERS 

 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524razel0oxkq58y9mls

  • Popular Post

ALREADY ONE OF HER BEST ERAS IN TERMS OF VISUALS (**** it, one of her best eras in all aspects) :jonny5:

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Just now, ViviLittleM said:

If we have to explain what's the song about what can we say?

To me it sounds like Gaga is the musical messenger of a higher being who is urging someone to take a close look at their life and get their **** together - live or die.

Abracadabra is #75 on AM Germany

 

I just checked my app, however it's showing #154 on kworb :deadbanana2:

OMG not the Liddos wanting to GOBBLE miss GOEBLES pu-ss :ahh: IMG-2638.jpg

1 minute ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Also that dumbass literally claims the song is a retread because it features a gibberish chorus - which is just trademark Gaga - and wearing costumes? Clueless. 

And its not even gibberish, they are not even trying. I cannot wait for that basement to be SHUT DOWN 

1 minute ago, jesus del rey said:

THIS. If someone is long overdue for her flowers, its LADY ******* GAGA. She reinvented the pop scene only for each of these leech publications and media outlets to tear her down during ARTPOP. GIVE HER THE ******* FLOWERS 

 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524razel0oxkq58y9mls

yeah **** them

3 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

If we have to explain what's the song about what can we say?

A mixture of

This Pokémon uses its psychic powers while it sleeps. The contents of Abra's dreams affect the powers that the Pokémon wields.

and

Using its psychic power, Cadabra levitates as it sleeps. It uses its springy tail as a pillow.

 

Hope this helps!

 

gretchen-brazilian-singer.gif

Edited by Summerboy95

I know I've already said this but I just can't believe this is real :jonny6: like we have been waiting since 2016 for a serve like this. But you know what? I'm lowkey glad we had to wait this long because if she tried to do this song at any other time, people would not have been here for it. It was released at the PERFECT time in her career. 

Just now, jesus del rey said:

And its not even gibberish, they are not even trying. I cannot wait for that basement to be SHUT DOWN 

They heard the song once and were like "hmm let me try to guess what the cool hipster kids would think about this instead of engaging with the art" 

The MV is now at 4.9 million views and 580k million likes :clap3: 

 

I'm curious how close Abracadabra's MV likes can get to Disease's before the day is over. The gap between them is only 139k :agaycatabra:

3 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

If we have to explain what's the song about what can we say?

making the perilous choice between morta & amor :suburban:  

2 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

It's always on Gaga's shoulders to reinvent the goddamn wheel. And I wouldn't mind the criticism that much if TF, TFM and BTW got the critical praise they deserved and the general field Grammy wins, BUT THEY DIDN'T. Her debut eras didn't get the benefit of the doubt of poptimism until it became clear that nobody could reach similar heights in pop music for years to come.  

These were the same publications calling TF/TFM eurotrash music from the 90s that should have stayed in the 90s. I am old enough to remember when Bad Romance got dragged by Rolling Stone for being too loud, brash, and "Cher-like" but switched when the video dropped and the song was being compared to pop juggernauts like Bohemian Rapsody and Like a Prayer. They were refused to celebrate her work then, but now want to share a revisionist view of her output as if they were always using her music as a pop litmus.

 

I'm rambling now but that's why I don't take 90% of these "poptimism" critics seriously because they're flat out lying 90% of them. Now let me stop before I need to take a Nurtec lol. 

3 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

If we have to explain what's the song about what can we say?

"Gaga said: "The lady in red is all of you that puts you to the test. Your internal monologue. 'Can you do it? Can you do it? Will you do it? Are you good enough? Can you handle it?'

 

Gaga continued: "In a lot of ways, the song is about dealing with that challenge to yourself and very often the world around us can reflect it back to us as well. I wanted to explore the question, 'What does it feel like to thrive and not just be surviving all the time?"

She ended by saying: "I wanted this song to be about resilience in a way the song Disease was not. That track was about inner torture and being trapped. And so with this song, I wanted to crack open what it means to persevere."

2 minutes ago, Nico Robin said:

Abracadabra is #75 on AM Germany

 

I just checked my app, however it's showing #154 on kworb :deadbanana2:

Kworb updates are delayed. I just checked AM DE charts and it is #73.

 

1 minute ago, Edonis said:

These were the same publications calling TF/TFM eurotrash music from the 90s that should have stayed in the 90s. I am old enough to remember when Bad Romance got dragged by Rolling Stone for being too loud, brash, and "Cher-like" but switched when the video dropped and the song was being compared to pop juggernauts like Bohemian Rapsody and Like a Prayer. They were refused to celebrate her work then, but now want to share a revisionist view of her output as if they were always using her music as a pop litmus.

 

I'm rambling now but that's why I don't take 90% of these "poptimism" critics seriously because they're flat out lying 90% of them. Now let me stop before I need to take a Nurtec lol. 

Everybody trashed ARTPOP from day 1 and now they are calling her last greatest single was from that album. In 5 years, they are also gonna call Joanne great. GIVE THIS WOMAN HER FLOWERS NOW. 

I hate to bring the album cover up but I will. How does that boring b&w picsart selfie represent such EXPLOSIVE and complex songs like abracadabra and disease?

4 minutes ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

ALREADY ONE OF HER BEST ERAS IN TERMS OF VISUALS (**** it, one of her best eras in all aspects) :jonny5:

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

DWAS and Abracadabra are also visually so good connected. I really hope the next video :eli: goes in the same direction, because I need more of the visual slayage this era.

8 minutes ago, Denim said:

Apple Music UK (overall)

Abracadabra #30 (+25) :DWAS:

I'm thinking a TOP 20 debut this week and a top 10 debut the week after on the official uk charts.

Edited by Plasticdoll

1 minute ago, jesus del rey said:

 In 5 years, they are also gonna call Joanne great.

not-realistic-sassy.gif

But maybe Chromatica will finally get her long deserved flowers.

popheads agreeing the p4k review is trash :clap3:

 

Quote

I'm tired. Everyone wants her to release avant garde ala fame monster born this way music and here it is in a fresh 2025 package and it's still not enough. This is not like a 143 situation, this is a new take and she's always held to this weird standard with everybody. How can you say the song is perfect Gaga and be like, too well?

:clap3:

Edited by sunbathinganimal

1 minute ago, The ****ess said:

I hate to bring the album cover up but I will. How does that boring b&w picsart selfie represent such EXPLOSIVE and complex songs like abracadabra and disease?

Well theres about 10 different variations of the album cover to buy on her website. however i like the simplicity approach. the music it self is MAYHEM so a over the top cover may be off putting or too much.

12 minutes ago, opbranden said:

Can I just also say that if they think "G.U.Y." is one of her greatest singles, they probably should quit their jobs and stop reviewing music? 

 

spacer.png

Not too much on miss G.U.Y., the track is pop excellence and my fave from Gaga :agaycatabra:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.