Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

12 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

this is going to sum up the reviews for Mayhem I think, I don't think the rehash critique is fair at all since both Disease and Abra are elevated and unique spins on what she's done before but whatever

Yeah, I see this happening. Whatever, I'll take any review, the album is a dream for us fans.

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Yeah I rebuke that stupid surface-level criticism of someone who hasn't engaged with Gaga's art any deeper than watching Bad Romance music video on youtube in 2010 and then hearing Shallow on the radio. 

For anyone who's paying attention these songs are not a retread but a major fusion of a lot of elements that Gaga does (and no one else does) while still adding new flavours. Constantly comparing everything she puts out to Bad Romance is tiring but here we see Gaga finally, in a way, embracing those comparisons and forging something completely monumental. That noise will be cancelled out in the long run anway because from the public the reception has been pretty incredible so far. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

50 minutes ago, kwek_kwek said:

 

 

 

:ahh:

Me! 😂 I knew the song would slay just from that 10s snippet. That was powerful enough.

Pitchfork can say whatever pretentious snobbery they want as long as they give Mayhem her long overdue 8.0+ album

 

462055174_3439271476376070_5417881851050

Just now, jesus del rey said:

This. It reads like a back-handed compliment to me. 

like that's something you would say about Chappell or Olivia Rodrigo not Lady GaGa :rip:

 

462055174_3439271476376070_5417881851050

Honestly f**k pitchfork! We have a stunning MV and song to buy and stream!

 

US LMs are embarrassing tbh! Not even no.1 there on iTunes !

It's sad but some of these outlets have heavy biases against Gaga. If she tries something new they will want the old Gaga back, and if she re-captures and re-elevates her past sounds then they will say she is clinging to the past. You can never make them happy. And I agree with Halsey. 

5 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Tbh I respect the review. They acknowledge it's a return to form quality wise while also not being groundbreaking. It's a mix of Gaga of the past mixed with the "dated" industrial EDM and electronics sounds of the mid 2010s yet she still makes it good enough to enjoy in 2025. The last sentence is also the most poignant. Gaga is constantly compared not to other pop stars anymore but mostly to her own past work. Even when disgruntled fans complain it's usually because she didn't give them what they liked from her past self. It's a unique hot take tbh (at least for a music publication…we on the other hand have had these discussions for ages now lol)

I'm sorry but I disagree. And the reasoning in the review makes it seem like Pitchfork already made up their mind about the album without it even being out. Lowkey, I felt this way when they didn't review Disease; they were already forming an opinion to drive the narrative that she isn't evolving. OGH mentality tbh. 

10 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

#27 (+65) - AM US (Pop) *cutoff overall #19*

 

spacer.png

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

Just now, jesus del rey said:

It's sad but some of these outlets have heavy biases against Gaga. If she tries something new they will want the old Gaga back, and if she re-captures and re-elevates her past sounds then they will say she is clinging to the past. You can never make them happy. And I agree with Halsey. 

This. I think a lot of people are just put off by how earnest she is. 

yeah I'm not worried about it or anything yall dont worry was just making an observation :eatpopcorn:

 

OT: Abracadabra, amor-ooh-na-na Abracadabra, morta-ooh-ga-ga 462055174_3439271476376070_5417881851050

anyway, PHANTOM OF THE DANCE FLOOR COME TO MEEEEEEEE

bad-bunny.gif

 

SING FOR ME YOUR SINFUL MELODY

bad-bunny.gif

 

AAAAAAAAA AAAAA AA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AA AAA AA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

kaboom-explosion.gif

Whew right at 600 videos again for the new hour the consistency 

Can I just also say that if they think "G.U.Y." is one of her greatest singles, they probably should quit their jobs and stop reviewing music? 

 

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

#27 (+65) - AM US (Pop) *cutoff overall #19*

 

spacer.png

:jonny6: I'm so happy. Abracadabra I never doubted you :jonny6:

1 minute ago, opbranden said:

Can I just also say that if they think "G.U.Y." is one of her greatest singles, they probably should quit their jobs and stop reviewing music? 

 

spacer.png

wasn't PISSFORK supposed to be shutting down anyway? why are we still discussing this ghost of a publication in the year of 2025??

  • Popular Post

It's always on Gaga's shoulders to reinvent the goddamn wheel. And I wouldn't mind the criticism that much if TF, TFM and BTW got the critical praise they deserved and the general field Grammy wins, BUT THEY DIDN'T. Her debut (TFM included) and BTW didn't get the benefit of the doubt of poptimism until it became clear that nobody could reach similar heights in pop music for years to come. And now she is cheap and lazy and tryhard for continuing to evolve the sound that is uniquely hers and that most of her fans and the GP love, and which makes her happy at this point in her career? **** off lmao.

Edited by Album Leak

  • Popular Post

:agaycatabra: Hourly TikTok Update :agaycatabra:


9:30 AM — 3500 videos

10:00AM — 3650 videos (+150)

11:00AM — 4030 videos (+380) 
12:00PM - 4530 videos (+500) 

1:00PM - 5130 (+600)  

2:00PM - 5730 (+600)

3:00PM - 6,360 (+630) :DWAS:

 

stable, which is, of course, as we know, A GREAT SIGN!

 

Spoiler

Bonus, tracking her new tiktok:

3:00PM - 330K views, 110k likes

 

5 minutes ago, Aden said:

Pitchfork can say whatever pretentious snobbery they want as long as they give Mayhem her long overdue 8.0+ album

 

462055174_3439271476376070_5417881851050

good luck booking that 8.0+ album you speak of

 

592da418eb98e_JackFalaheewithanAxe.thumb

1 minute ago, opbranden said:

Can I just also say that if they think "G.U.Y." is one of her greatest singles, they probably should quit their jobs and stop reviewing music? 

 

spacer.png

Yeah when they were like "When was the last time she released a single this good?" I was like um literally October 25th, 2024???

 

oop-ts-madison.gif

1 minute ago, Denim said:

:agaycatabra: Hourly TikTok Update :agaycatabra:


9:30 AM — 3500 videos

10:00AM — 3650 videos (+150)

11:00AM — 4030 videos (+380) 
12:00PM - 4530 videos (+500) 

1:00PM - 5130 (+600)  

2:00PM - 5730 (+600)

3:00PM - 6,360 (+630) :DWAS:

 

stable, which is of course, as we know, A GREAT SIGN!

 

  Hide contents

Bonus, tracking her new tiktok:

3:00PM - 330K views, 110k likes

 

:jonny5:

  • Popular Post

2. Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars - Die With A Smile (Official Music Video): 4,761,046

3. Lady Gaga - Abracadabra (Official Music Video): 4,602,781

 

:clap3: 

Edited by Aston Martin

Also that dumbass literally claims the song is a retread because it features a gibberish chorus - which is just trademark Gaga - and wearing costumes? Clueless. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.