HDD FINAL: ADELE 284k, Taylor 102k

ALA

9 minutes ago, style17 said:

:rip:

reputation sold 2M pure. Lover did too, and I’m pretty sure folklore did as well? 

lover sold 1,367,000 and folklore 1,527,000 according to my sources. not sure about reputation

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• Gaia

• Virtual_Insanity

QueenofCopyPaste

and oh , she beat foklore already

:laugh: I can see why theyre mad

2 minutes ago, style17 said:

you’re just dramatic :deadvision: Adele used to be EXPONENTIALLY bigger than everyone else, and now (with her first album in 6 years mind you) she is BARELY outdoing some of the girls she tripled, quadrupled, did over 10x the numbers of back then 

just admit it kthanksbye sunshine

OT: Her A New Day Has Come!

Sales for music have still declined though? I bought a physical copy and realized my only CD player was in my car. For 2021 these are good sales.. and still among the biggest of the year. 

15 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Oops :lakitu:

Already 865k in 3 weeks :jonny5:

14 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

Adele: One Night Only concert being shown on CBS and better playlisting is honestly already enough :deadbanana4:  A whole concert being shown on TV is definitely not less than 2-3 late night appearances and Taylor didnt even perform besides on SNL

But my main point was more about the promo BEFORE album release.. you literally listed things like '''album/tracklist reaveal, preorder and social media hype'' as promo.. she literally didnt do anything else before album release and Adele obviously did those things aswell
Adele also did things like the 72 questions interview, had her album title on every billboard all over the world, OPRAH WINFREY interview, Apple Music interview with Zane Low and some more stuff... point is both promoted their albums, so lets not pretend Adele didnt do anything :rip:

:deadbanana2:

And them comparing Adele's brand new album to Red TV speaks for itself, i guess... 

CEiU4qI.gif

Weren’t people bragging about Adele’s TV (television, not Taylor’s Version :eli:special being bigger than the Grammys?

Now I’m suddenly hearing there was no promo? 

1 minute ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

i guess style17 was right about adele doing double what the other pop girlies do

30s 2nd week: 260k

folklore 2nd week: 130k

Dance Atrl GIF - Dance ATRL Ciara - Discover & Share GIFs

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, georgechxng said:

i guess style17 was right about adele doing double what the other pop girlies do

yeppers

13 minutes ago, style17 said:

reputation sold 2M pure. Lover did too, and I’m pretty sure folklore did as well? 

No

OT: Adele having the biggest second week in 5 years :clap3:

3 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

And no bundles needed

19 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

Adele: One Night Only concert being shown on CBS and better playlisting is honestly already enough :deadbanana4:  A whole concert being shown on TV is definitely not less than 2-3 late night appearances and Taylor didnt even perform besides on SNL

But my main point was more about the promo BEFORE album release.. you literally listed things like '''album/tracklist reaveal, preorder and social media hype'' as promo.. she literally didnt do anything else before album release and Adele obviously did those things aswell
Adele also did things like the 72 questions interview, had her album title on every billboard all over the world, OPRAH WINFREY interview, Apple Music interview with Zane Low and some more stuff... point is both promoted their albums, so lets not pretend Adele didnt do anything :rip:

those OTHs still pretend adele smashed without lifting a finger:doc:

red is so stable

good number for 30 but sea is not that good

she did triple Taylor last time and her SEA is about to fall below Red

Idk why her stans are being obtuse. We’ve seen it time and time again in the music world, for example, Céline. Her album after her massive peak sold amazingly still but it was the start of her descent and end of her commercial dominance. This is what’s happening with Adele. 25 rode off the hype of 21, and this of 25. You’re DELUSIONAL think her next album’s gonna open anywhere near this?

23 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

We LOVE a stan :smitten:

I own a few of her albums and follow her on all social media. I'm not a stan, but I am somewhat a fan. Hate her insufferable fanbase though :coffee2:

2 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Folklore didn't even have physicals in second week, that's why its 3th week sales were higher than second one. 

But fyi, it did 102,000 SEA, which is almost 2x of 30's.

CEiU4qI.gif

I'm happy to see all of these xmas albums already charting this high. I think they'll dominate the top 10 and maybe Drake and Adele will be the two non Christmas albums in the top 10 still.:clap3:

1 minute ago, Artistofthedecade said:

But fyi, it did 102,000 SEA, which is almost 2x of 30's.

CEiU4qI.gif

all those streams and she still couldn't outsell adele. quite tragic if you ask me. i was told she was the music industry.

Edited by georgechxng

1 hour ago, Sept said:

Stop embarrassing yourself

1 hour ago, GlamSlam said:

IKR. Gaga stans need to sit this one out since Love for Sale only did 41,000 in it's first week. :lmao:

OT: Adele‘s pure sales are amazing :clap3:

4 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Snsnsdxjxx

Why are Taylor fans trying it with Adele now? :skull: Taylor's music for kids of course is gonna do better than 30 in the long term, the ****? And literally most of Adele's album has 6+ minute long songs :deadbanana2: 

7 minutes ago, style17 said:

you’re just dramatic :deadvision: Adele used to be EXPONENTIALLY bigger than everyone else, and now (with her first album in 6 years mind you) she is BARELY outdoing some of the girls she tripled, quadrupled, did over 10x the numbers of back then 

just admit it kthanksbye sunshine

OT: Her A New Day Has Come!

Yes but that tittle was EXPONENTIALLY big to keep, even with a strong market. If she did not have a substantial drop within the next 2 or 3  eras (after 25) she would  outsell Whitney Houston.

But I agree  hitting 1M in the first week and  better streaming numbers in the second week should have been the ideal expectation for her.  

1 minute ago, georgechxng said:

all those streams and she couldn't still outsell adele. quite tragic if you ask me.

this album will have **** longevity because the streaming era’s longevity relies on SEA. So what now?

In before 30’s chart run is 1-1-1-1-1-3-6-9-15-etc

Oh snap this is getting interesting.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvvf0o41BrVPPndK6xKUo

oh and drake is coming with his new single Knife talk so he'll likely stay in the top 10 while the xmas albums soar

1 minute ago, georgechxng said:

all those streams and she still couldn't outsell adele. quite tragic if you ask me. i was told she was the music industry.

She is. That's why she still has the biggest debut of 2020s decade. 

Adele can have "biggest second week sales since 2016" or something tho. 

CEiU4qI.gif

Just now, ElectricFrancis said:

Why are Taylor fans trying it with Adele now? :skull: Taylor's music for kids of course is gonna do better than 30 in the long term, the ****? And literally most of Adele's album has 6+ minute long songs :deadbanana2: 

Taylor had the #1 song in the country with a 10:13 song. What now :)

35 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

the fact that it had the same exact drop 25 had in its 2nd week when black friday doesn't boost album numbers like it used to do before is so impressive :jonny:

I could see this doing +100k pure at least for more 3/4 weeks.

That would be amazing!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.