• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• Gaia

• Virtual_Insanity

also the way planet her would be #8 without the christmas albums :jonny2: her longevity is amazing, time the ultimate truth teller :gaycat3:

Edited by hallucinate

3 minutes ago, brazil said:

Swifities keep talking about the amazing numbers for a "rerecording"; but doesn't Red TV have 10 songs that weren't in the original Red? That's almost the same number of songs in 30 :rip:

Exactly. Red TV is basically a remix album, plus a brand new album sold in one package, but swifties are acting as if Taylor only changed the cover of the original album and called it a day. 

54 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

What????? If she crosses 258k, that means that it will be the biggest 2nd week of sales for a female album ever since 25 :jonny:

Reputation 2nd week - 258k
Lover 2nd week - 178k

Folkore - 130k

Evermore - 169k

Sour - 193k

Adele didn't have 8 different versions, magazine and merch bundles, and singles being sold at $0.39 during her first week so I'm not surprised her hold was better :clap3:

49 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

If they had physical inventory on the shelves it would already be there :gaycat6:

They have a full stack at the Target near me when I went to buy 30 :rip: Didn't have any vinyls though

Edited by Gaia

Homegirls streaming is meh

Curious how this’ll hold up after Holiday sales :celestial2:  

But SLAY at RED TV :jonnycat: 9 years and still stomping.

Edited by SwiftLover

10 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

None of the NEW versions are ten years old and they were never available before. 

It Swifties can stop the delusion it would be amazing, RED TV was released and promoted like a new album. 

Only 9 new songs, 1 short film and 1 MV wbk 

46 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Wait, I just noticed Billie is still top 20, and Lil' Nas is out of it, when did that happen? :rip: and people were saying he's bigger than her.

@Brandowhat's good?

1 minute ago, Pop said:

Massive drop. Wow

The second week saw Chromatica's sales performance drop by 77%, dipping to number two

Stop embarrassing yourself

52 minutes ago, Hunter_13 said:

RedTV doing 100k 3rd week, a smash re-recording. Fearless couldn't.  :jonny:

Not being that familiar with her work, how come RED is doing so good compared to Fearless for example?

is Red the fan favourite?

6 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Gurl this ain't 2012. Black friday does NOTHING for 90% of music artists in 2021 since they are all streaming-driven and as far as I know you cannot discount songs on streaming :dies:  Of course these numbers are impressive :ace:

Also, many stores like Target were closed Down Thanksgiving Day, unlike the past. 
Seriously, these numbers are fantastic :clap3:

Guys these posts will only make them drag Adele more :shutup:

Just now, Sept said:

Stop embarrassing yourself

IKR. Gaga stans need to sit this one out since Love for Sale only did 41,000 in it's first week. :lmao:

47 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Those can't be real... I had no idea they were that frontloaded :deadbanana4:

Olivia's is great though.

3 minutes ago, blackbeatxx said:

Not being that familiar with her work, how come RED is doing so good compared to Fearless for example?

As a fan, I would say so. Red has songs from so many genres, something for everyone, and the new songs are way more (justifiably) hyped and better IMO. "All Too Well" is also playing a big role it seems, it turned into a hit because it's a phenomenal song that finally broke through to the mainstream thanks to the hype around the longer version and how beloved it was for years. Fearless TV didn't have a song like ATW that took over and reached an audience outside of her fanbase.

Edited by Protocol

1 hour ago, georgechxng said:

What????? If she crosses 258k, that means that it will be the biggest 2nd week of sales for a female album ever since Lemonade (that only had 3 days of tracking on its first week) :jonny:

Lemonade 2nd week - 320k

Reputation 2nd week - 258k

Thank U, Next 2nd week - 151k
Lover 2nd week - 178k

Folkore 2nd week - 130k

Evermore 2nd week - 169k

Sour 2nd week - 193k

Wow, Adele! :clap3: And that was Lemonade's first full week, 30 doesn't have that advantage! 

54 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Billie has had a rather dramatic turn-around. They love her again on tik-tok. Anyone saying Lil Nas is bigger than Billie is an idiot though.

There was even a thread created recently saying how Lil nas X is the only really successful gen Z act with their sophomore lol

20 minutes ago, blackbeatxx said:

She treated Fearless TV as a re-release. Tracklist wasn't revealed until April 3rd. Album released April 8th. No TV promo slots or live performances. No music videos. Only 6 unreleased songs.

She treated Red TV as a new album. Album revealed in June. Pre-order and track list started in August. Album was released in November (4 months of pre-orders and hyping on social media). Created a Tik Tok just to promote Red TV. 9 new songs. Multiple TV promo slots release week. SNL performance + skits. 1 music video + 1 short film reenacting her love with a famous A-List actor. 

The complete difference in how she treated Fearless compared to Red is kind of funny :rip: 

Edited by Gaia

1 hour ago, Orsay said:

wow, a really strong second week. :jonny2: almost doubling folklore's second week if these numbers are correct :mandown:

Folklore didn't even have physicals in the second week. Almost 90k of its second week sales were SEA units. 

1 hour ago, PopFan1996 said:

Are you really shocked? That's how albums drop when the sales come from lots of bundles and mass-buying

I wouldn't talk about big drops if i were you when 30 already down to 59k SEA :rip:

OT : Red TV doing 100k in the third week. :clap3:

Edited by Artistofthedecade

Sales are good, streaming is awful, simple as that. Because of that, this will struggle to have any legs have the holiday season I feel, unless OMG can smash.

57 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Those can't be real... I had no idea they were that frontloaded :deadbanana4:

All of them are sitting comfortably in the the top 40, if you call that frontloaded then It is :smitten:

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

She treated Fearless TV as a re-release. Tracklist wasn't revealed until April 3rd. Album released April 8th. No TV promo slots or live performances. No music videos. Only 6 unreleased songs.

She treated Red TV as a new album. Album revealed in June. Pre-order and track list started in August. Album was released in November (4 months of pre-orders and hyping on social media). Created a Tik Tok just to promote Red TV. Double digit new songs. Multiple TV promo slots release week. SNL performance + skits. 1 music video + 1 short film reenacting her love with a famous A-List actor. 

The complete difference in how she treated Fearless compared to Red is kind of funny :rip: 

Red is the better album, but Fearless was done so wrong :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.