HDD FINAL: ADELE 284k, Taylor 102k

ALA

Very solid pure sales. The streams are garbage tho. 

Next week will be more of a test because of the Black Friday boost here. 

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• Gaia

• Virtual_Insanity

Montero being out the T20 is the most surprising. Yet another artist this site hyped to oblivion failing to outdo his peers. If this was a pop girl we wouldn’t hear the end of it :rip:

HTE rising to #11 without the Xmas albums, up units from last week. Stable seller :clap3:

18 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

19 - 222 weeks charting

21 - 517 weeks charting

25 - 193 weeks charting

the nerve to come after Adele's longevity of all people :ahh:

I'm not coming for her longevity from a decade ago. :heart: Anyone with common sense would be worried for 30s longevity looking at those SEAs. But I'm not counting it out as yet. Cuz it could very well serve amazing longevity for all we know. 

Also not surprised a Gaga stan and a Camila stan is hiding behind Adele I woud too :bibliahh:

Get Planet Her back into the top the dammit !

31 minutes ago, brazil said:

Swifities keep talking about the amazing numbers for a "rerecording"; but doesn't Red TV have 10 songs that weren't in the original Red? That's almost the same number of songs in 30 :rip:

28 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

they keep ignoring this fact :skull:

"re-recorded"

"re-recorded"

"re-recorded"

"re-recorded"

AUOI.gif

26 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Exactly. Red TV is basically a remix album, plus a brand new album sold in one package, but swifties are acting as if Taylor only changed the cover of the original album and called it a day. 

25 minutes ago, Sept said:

Only 9 new songs, 1 short film and 1 MV wbk 

OTHs offically lost it

Claiming that re-record album should perform like brand new album is new low...  :psyduck:

If that's the case, how did remix albums like Chromatica, Club Nostalgia etc. perform? 

Just name 1 greatest hits album with huge sales...

Edited by Artistofthedecade

27 minutes ago, Lipgloss said:

How long do you think it'll be before red surpasses 30 on the charts?

Apparently some RED TV vinyls will be shipped early January.:gaycat4:

So most likely a messy thread incoming for January 2022.:gaycat4:

Weren't some people in the first week thread saying she would do around 600k due to Black Friday? Hum.

Anyways, Red's 3rd week :eek: the gift that keeps on giving.

3 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

Very solid pure sales. The streams are garbage tho. 

Next week will be more of a test because of the Black Friday boost here. 

Yeah The streaming concerning and doesn’t make sense because  eom is stable and #1.

7 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Folklore didn't even have physicals in the second week. Almost 90k of its second week sales were SEA units. 

I wouldn't talk about big drops if i were you when 30 already down to 59k SEA :rip:

OT : Red TV doing 100k in a second week. :clap3:

Interesting how a fanbase that constantly gloats of their fav's physical sales are now ignoring Adele's physical sales and latching onto her SEA

biggest 2nd week of sales for female albums in the past 6 years:

adele. 25 - 1.12M (-68%)

beyoncé. lemonade - 321k (-50%)

adele. 30 - 260k (-68%)

taylor swift. reputation - 256k (-79%)

olivia rodrigo. sour - 183k (-36%)

Atrl GIF - Atrl - Discover & Share GIFs

4 minutes ago, bad guy said:

Montero being out the T20 is the most surprising. Yet another artist this site hyped to oblivion failing to outdo his peers. If this was a pop girl we wouldn’t hear the end of it :rip:

HTE rising to #11 without the Xmas albums, up units from last week. Stable seller :clap3:

And Montero had two #1 smashes :rip:

25 minutes ago, Sept said:

Only 9 new songs, 1 short film and 1 MV wbk 

What? It has 9 new songs? :bibliahh: That's 3 less new songs than 30. :bibliahh: Now I understand why it's doing that well (also considering Swifties became the most obssessive fanbase lately). :gaycat6:

8 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

I'm not coming for her longevity from a decade ago. :heart: Anyone with common sense would be worried for 30s longevity looking at those SEAs. But I'm not counting it out as yet. Cuz it could very well serve amazing longevity for all we know. 

Also not surprised a Gaga stan and a Camila stan is hiding behind Adele I woud too :bibliahh:

I'm not "hiding" behind anyone, I don't even stan for Adele :rip:  it's a public music forum, fans of other artists have the right to participate in every discussion. And this particular discussion is ALL OVER ATRL. It's what I am seeing 24/7. So you really think I should simply ignore these threads just because my faves are not on Adele/Taylor's level? Ridiculous :biblio:

Edited by Hot Volcano

5 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

OTHs offically lost it

Claiming that re-record album should perform like brand new album is new low...  :psyduck:

If that's the case, how did remix albums like Chromatica, Club Nostalgia etc. perform? 

well it’s performing like a smash brand new album anyway :clap3:

why are swifties whining about longevity when 30 had less than a 70% drop?

it isn't adeles fault if she's the only female artist that doesn't have to rely on SEA units and is capable of having multiple +200k pure sales weeks nowadays.

Dance Atrl GIF - Dance ATRL Ciara - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by georgechxng

Great hold for RED :clap3:

5 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Interesting how a fanbase that constantly gloats of their fav's physical sales are now ignoring Adele's physical sales and latching onto her SEA

THIS

Plus it's not even that bad considering it didn't debut that high. It's holding well

15 minutes ago, Gaia said:

She treated Fearless TV as a re-release. Tracklist wasn't revealed until April 3rd. Album released April 8th. No TV promo slots or live performances. No music videos. Only 6 unreleased songs.

She treated Red TV as a new album. Album revealed in June. Pre-order and track list started in August. Album was released in November (4 months of pre-orders and hyping on social media). Created a Tik Tok just to promote Red TV. 9 new songs. Multiple TV promo slots release week. SNL performance + skits. 1 music video + 1 short film reenacting her love with a famous A-List actor. 

The complete difference in how she treated Fearless compared to Red is kind of funny :rip: 

Taylor was clearly not happy at all with the performance of Fearless.. it pretty much came and went and was nowhere near the FY she wanted to give to Scooter. It is clear that she redoubled her efforts to make sure the same thing did not happen for Red. As you say it was treated and promoted like a brand new album. She went all the way out. I do admire her dedication and I think her numbers are amazing. What is so ridiculous though is her fans acting as if she did nothing for the project. Like just call is like it is. I respect Taylor for being so dedicated and diligent - yet her fans act as if there is something wrong with it and feel the need to deny her work ethic and extreme dedication. I really dont get it. 

5 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

I'm not "hiding" behind Adele :rip:  :biblio:

Yeah you are but it's understandable cuz I would too if I stanned someone that hasnt had a studio album make it to 100 weeks since their debut album:rip:

Edited by JawBreaker

9 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Madonna - Immaculate Collection - Diamond

Beatles - 1 - Diamond

The Eagles - Greatest Hits - Double Diamond

just to name 3.

21 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Thankfully Taylor has both so swifties gloats over both... 

20 minutes ago, Roberto said:

What? It has 9 new songs? :bibliahh: That's 3 less new songs than 30. :bibliahh: Now I understand why it's doing that well (also considering Swifties became the most obssessive fanbase lately). :gaycat6:

It has 6 new songs and they don't perform better than album tracks in OG album since they are at the bottom of the album(24-29) :rip:

Fun fact : New songs in Red only makes 20% of album's streams.

Since Red TV did 45k SEA this week, it would still do 36k SEA and 91k SPS without them. :hoetenks:

Edited by Artistofthedecade

This is including Black Friday sales...

13968350.jpg

Adele remains a legend but I was thinking around 375-450k due to Black Friday's boost.

40LjNfI.gif

OTHs lost it omfg :bibliahh:
YES this is a rerecording album.. and yes 9 ''new'' songs.. well songs that are LEFTOVERS from 2011/2012 :gaycat6: Those are definitely not comparable to a completely new album lmao
Adele releases like what... every 5/6 years? ofc we expect the album to do better since she is supposed to build immense hype with her releases being so rare.. 30 is literally doing 59k on streaming in its second week.. its NOT good in any way, doesnt matter if its just 12 tracks. SOUR and other albums with similar amount of tracks did way better

The pure sales are obviously good, but you can only have good longevity with consistent streaming in the long run :celestial5: We'll see if this can outperform folklore/lover longevity-wise 

17 minutes ago, Gaia said:

She treated Fearless TV as a re-release. Tracklist wasn't revealed until April 3rd. Album released April 8th. No TV promo slots or live performances. No music videos. Only 6 unreleased songs.

She treated Red TV as a new album. Album revealed in June. Pre-order and track list started in August. Album was released in November (4 months of pre-orders and hyping on social media). Created a Tik Tok just to promote Red TV. 9 new songs. Multiple TV promo slots release week. SNL performance + skits. 1 music video + 1 short film reenacting her love with a famous A-List actor. 

this is something that definitely shouldn't be ignored. She promoted this album more than anyone lese promoted their album this whole year :rip:

44 minutes ago, Pop said:

Massive drop. Wow

By far the most disingenuous user on ATRL. Seethe, OAH. A better example of a massive drop would be Born This Way. How is "the biggest 2nd week by female since Lemonade" and "the biggest 2nd week by an album by a female that had a full 1st week since 25" a massive drop?

1 hour ago, georgechxng said:

What????? If she crosses 258k, that means that it will be the biggest 2nd week of sales for a female album ever since Lemonade (that only had 3 days of tracking on its first week) :jonny:

Lemonade 2nd week - 320k

Reputation 2nd week - 258k

Thank U, Next 2nd week - 151k
Lover 2nd week - 178k

Folkore 2nd week - 130k

Evermore 2nd week - 169k

Sour 2nd week - 193k

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.