HDD FINAL: ADELE 284k, Taylor 102k

ALA

2 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

Y’all can go on and on and on about who is bigger in the US out of Adele and Taylor (it’s unquestionably Adele and anyone who says otherwise is ****ing dumb). 

But ultimately and most importantly, Adele is without a doubt the biggest star in the world. That cannot be brought into question. 

Seethe. 

If it makes you sleep at night, then sure... :heart2:

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• Gaia

• Virtual_Insanity

still wish 30 had gone platinum first week, very happy with these week 2 numbers though

25 sold over a million in its second week right? or am i misremembering

1 minute ago, Michael196 said:

If it makes you sleep at night, then sure... :heart2:

it does :heart2:

4 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

Y’all can go on and on and on about who is bigger in the US out of Adele and Taylor (it’s unquestionably Adele and anyone who says otherwise is ****ing dumb). 

But ultimately and most importantly, Adele is without a doubt the biggest star in the world. That cannot be brought into question. 

Seethe. 

I think Taylor is a subpar artist and do not like her at all but she’s bigger than Adele here. Adele’s peak was bigger (than anyone except MJ/Beatles) but Taylor’s consistently a huge force and the overall numbers speak for themselves. 

I do agree that Adele is still the #1 artist globally. 

Good numbers for both.

For Gods sake girls - pipe down.

1 hour ago, georgechxng said:

Girl, I live in the 30 and Adele base :deadbanana2:get over yourself. I didn't even have anything against Taylor before swifties started coming for Adele but now ofc that I'm gonna have fun with it, y'all deserve the karma :cm:

1 hour ago, unclefloprry said:

wops wops wops wops another big L for her second fandom 

Hunter_13

I’m can’t seem to find what are you talking about, can you please help me with that?

thank you in advance... 

Hunter_13

Just now, Jennifer said:

I think Taylor is a subpar artist and do not like her at all but she’s bigger than Adele here. Adele’s peak was bigger (than anyone except MJ/Beatles) but Taylor’s consistently a huge force and the overall numbers speak for themselves. 

I do agree that Adele is still the #1 artist globally. 

Jennifer, you’re the one who was being racist in the housewives thread the other day. I don’t want to hear from you, ever. 

That’s all. 

9 minutes ago, Marianah Adkins said:

The way the second fanbase is suddenly going quiet lmao. 56 pages to 13 pages who wouldve thought. 

The second week is a smaller thread than the debut numbers from the hotly anticipated comeback album, who would have thought :gaycat6:

Literally everyone is being cordial in here and y'all are still trying to pick a fight, this time of there not being a fight :deadbanana4:

the SEA units though... things are not looking especially good:rip:

1 minute ago, Bey Admired said:

Jennifer, you’re the one who was being racist in the housewives thread the other day. I don’t want to hear from you, ever. 

That’s all. 

Lmao. Ok. You’re one of those. 

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

The second week is a smaller thread than the debut numbers from the hotly anticipated comeback album, who would have thought :gaycat6:

Literally everyone is being cordial in here and y'all are still trying to pick a fight, this time of there not being a fight :deadbanana4:

No ****, because Adele is unarguably bigger than taylor considering she couldn't get these second week numbers even with bundles. :rip:

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

Funny how you quote a post of me specifically talking about Adele and her promotion to say I'm not a real fan :lmao: 

You literally said you didn't stan her, why are you then one of the top posters in every single Adele thread :turkey:

1 minute ago, feuxtography said:

No ****, because Adele is unarguably bigger than taylor considering she couldn't get these second week numbers even with bundles. :rip:

She literally did with 1989 and Reputation but okay cool :gaycat6:

Don't you have a HOG thread to spam or something instead of hiding behind Adele :gaycat6:

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

It’s so funny, and what’s funnier is the fact that they keep saying but swifties!!!! When we know damn well who started this bs, starting with the date change thread/album thread/hdd and chart threads... let alone the anticipation and frequent threads for the past two years waiting for her to come and finally be the one to wash Tay, but they ended up on the same level...

can we be happy for both and shut the f up, do you thrive over sh it like this? It’s insane.

both women are hands down untouchable and play on a whole another field accompanied by only Drake, no one else is aloud.

3 minutes ago, Headlock said:

She literally did with 1989 and Reputation but okay cool :gaycat6:

Don't you have a HOG thread to spam or something instead of hiding behind Adele :gaycat6:

I'm not hiding behind her, just stating the obvious because this stan driven feud has been a real weight on this site for the last month.

And who cares about 1989 and reputation? If you want to use relic dusty albums, might as well throw 25's second week out to drive home the same point. 1.1 million. When will anyone, ever? :rip:

2 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

It’s so funny, and what’s funnier is the fact that they keep saying but swifties!!!! When we know damn well who started this bs, starting with the date change thread/album thread/hdd and chart threads... let alone the anticipation and frequent threads for the past two years waiting for her to come and finally be the one to wash Tay, but they ended up on the same level...

can we be happy for both and shut the f up, do you thrive over sh it like this? It’s insane.

both women are hands down untouchable and play on a whole another field accompanied by only Drake, no one else is aloud.

Like, aren't the actual Adele fans embarrassed these threads are filled with leeches hiding behind Adele whose entire post is about Taylor :deadbanana4:

And it's so obvious which ones they are because they latch onto whatever new buzzword the group of them is using, looks like it continues to be ~bundles~ :gaycat6:

2 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

I'm not hiding behind her, just stating the obvious because this stan driven feud has been a real weight on this site for the last month.

And who cares about 1989 and reputation? If you want to use relic dusty albums, might as well throw 25's second week out to drive home the same point. 1.1 million. When will anyone, ever? :rip:

You said she couldn't pull these numbers, I showed she could :gaycat6:

And those dusty relic albums are still charting, just as a fun side fact :turkey:

You do also realize you can choose to not enter these threads if the ~weight~ Is too much, right? :gaycat6:

2 hours ago, Zaynsus said:

Funny how Adele's second fanbase spent years shaming other artists' pure sales because "the GP wouldn't want to spend money on them and streaming is free" and now, they keep bragging about streaming numbers and how streaming shows "genuine GP interest". How convenient.

GTFO out of here with your hypocrisy.

This could make more sense if she wasn't highest pure seller with over 2M pure sales in US this year alone. :rip:

"Performing good at both" part was the thing that wasn't clicking for some of you in 2018 and we just see the results of it in 2021 now... 

And it is no one's problem but yours that you can't sense very clear sarcasm. 

49 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

So true :clap3:

Not Bilboard :gaycat6:

Edited by Artistofthedecade

8 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

Folklore's second week didn't have vinyls on store nor physical copies, only digital sales. 

https://headlineplanet.com/home/2020/08/07/taylor-swifts-folklore-tops-second-week-sales-projection-remains-1-in-united-states/.

It still managed to do over 100K streaming units though, something that is hard to achieve without a smash hit carrying +-30% of the daily streams of your album. Not everyone has that to their credit.

4 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

Lmao...

What bundles?

The different covers and vinyls were for the first week ONLY and there were no vinyls left to purchase after that because the standard sold out.

folklore had zero physicals copies in stores.

Meanwhile Adele had massive playlisting, released around Christmas time where people consume more than ever, first day of second week falls on Black Friday, overstocked in every store possible to the point where her albums are shoved in your face at every corner.

This is not a fair comparison.

You do know what's fair?

Comparing SEA units...

And we don't even have to go back to folklore to make a point.

Predicted biggest SEA units this week

1. 30 (second week with a stable mega smash hit) - 56K 
2. RED TV (third week) - 55K

1 minute ago, Miss Americana said:

Lmao...

What bundles?

The different covers and vinyls were for the first week ONLY and there were no vinyls left to purchase after that because the standard sold out.

folklore had zero physicals copies in stores.

Meanwhile Adele had massive playlisting, released around Christmas time where people consume more than ever, first day of second week falls on Black Friday, overstocked in every store possible to the point where her albums are shoved in your face at every corner.

This is not a fair comparison.

You do know what's fair?

Comparing SEA units...

And we don't even have to go back to folklore to make a point.

Predicted biggest SEA units this week

1. 30 (second week with a stable mega smash hit) - 56K 
2. RED TV (third week) - 55K

:giraffe: all of this

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

Are you saying Taylor's promotion is worse because....she promoted during release week? Aka the people who see her promotion could BUY her album as she promoted it? :deadbanana2: Adele had one TV promotion PRIOR to release week and it was exclusive to her. No one had to watch it and it actually makes it harder to make people interested in an entire hour dedicated to one singer just talking about her life and music. Adele didn't even debut a music video with 30 :rip: 

You're equating that to Taylor having the following ON release week:

SNL skits + Performance

Short Film/Music Video release + bringing up drama with an A-list actor

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Late Night with Seth Meyer

:rip: 

There's this thing called "pre-orders" that I want to introduce you to. You know all of that promo Adele did? Yeah, that drove pre-orders :celestial6:

See this is an argument I will never understand. Everyone whines and bitches about their faves (although I know Adele isn't one of your faves so we can exclude you from that part :turkey:) not promoting enough, and then we they do any kind of promotion, it becomes a game of who promoted less. That isn't something to brag about, that's sad lmao. Both Adele and Taylor promoted their album, and both could have promoted it more, Adele during release week, and Taylor before release week.

Why are some people still fighting :bibliahh:

OT: impressive holds for both Adele and Taylor :clap:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.