Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Was the $950 empty box a wake up call?

Featured Replies

I'm not becoming a hater of Bey or anything, but that stupid box made me realize how much people spend in these Billionaire pop stars

I'm honestly guilty of paying very high prices in their tours

But I will never again spend my money in these pop stars, like I feel dumb, I can easily afford it but why give my money to a Billionaire pop star?

For the people buying multiple variants or these boxes, do you feel stupid?

  • Replies 42
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • HyuneSuga
    HyuneSuga

    well no im a kpop girl so I spend $950 in total of same album to pull my bias and if I don't Pull him because 80% of time I don't ..I buy them from re sellers on ebay ... so I can't even judge the hi

  • I know you are illiterate and all you have learned to read are the elementary school lyrics that Taylor Swift writes on each album and that is all you are capable to read and listen to But I wrote in

  • Yes, Lock her up!

well no im a kpop girl so I spend $950 in total of same album to pull my bias and if I don't Pull him because 80% of time I don't ..I buy them from re sellers on ebay ...

so I can't even judge the hive if they want to buy a $950 empty box. I mean if there love for bey is like my love for hyunjin I totally get it .. even though its fuckin ridiculous price and its ugly

in b4 "it's expensive because it comes with her writing credits"

kukai

No. I just didn't buy it and moved about my day. I didn't need a wake up call to realize none of what these artists sell is worth what is charged.

I don't know why this site loves to make threads about the overpriced merch these artists drop as if they or anyone else are somehow being forced to buy it.

Just don't. It's that easy. If someone wants to be dumb let them I guess that's their prerogative.

Edited by Mr. Mendes

The wake up call was when artists like Beyonce and Jay z LARP as communist revolutionaries but actually do and say nothing unless it's to enrichen themselves

Same w Gaga and all the other artists who spent years pretending to be activist and now they certainly don't want to say or do anything

Yes. Thanks to this I was awakened to the evils of capitalism and realised billionaires actually don't care about me.

The wake up call was when these artists started selling their concert tickets for more than $100

treacherous

The concept of this thread, which is about willing to pay ridiculous amount of money for… nothing is equally ridiculous as willing to pay ridiculous amount of money for nothing.

  • Author
23 minutes ago, TaylorsSquad said:

You're just poor

kukai

I know you are illiterate and all you have learned to read are the elementary school lyrics that Taylor Swift writes on each album and that is all you are capable to read and listen to

But I wrote in the OP that I can afford it 🥰

Wake up call from what?

Whether it is a popstar or something else someone invests money and time on like a hobby. If it is something commercial, there will be items that will be expensive and/or be unnecessary for most people. Just don't buy them.

Nobody forces anyone to buy it.

  • Author
5 minutes ago, J-esper said:

Wake up call from what?

The stupidity of stan consumption and how these women exploit fans

9 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I know you are illiterate and all you have learned to read are the elementary school lyrics that Taylor Swift writes on each album and that is all you are capable to read and listen to

But I wrote in the OP that I can afford it 🥰

You don't get it. Beyoncé is a luxury brand, if you cannot afford it then it's not meant for you.

  • Author
Just now, Tropez said:

You don't get it. Beyoncé is a luxury brand, if you cannot afford it then it's not meant for you.

I invented that joke in this forum a while ago, I was justifying to myself why pay a ridiculous amount of money to see that woman, she's the best performer but no, no, no.

The box has exposed her, I will still stream her and support as a regular fan but my pockets are closed

There is no luxury in stanning a mainstream celebrity pop star, not Bey or anyone else.

If we are honest they are all a bit tacky. Taste is in the underground art now.

You are a billionaire and always want more and more... why?? They are set for life and should sell these products at a fair price for their fans but the greed is too much

15 minutes ago, Trent W said:

The stupidity of stan consumption and how these women exploit fans

But isn't the real stupidity and expoitation the own mind of people?

Because again nobody forces you to buy this stuff. Just like nobody forces Wizard of Oz fans or Star Wars fans to buy the amount of merch that gets released yearly. Just like not every Lego fan has to buy the set of that limited collection and I could go on and on.

Commercial music has a commercial aspect to it, always have been the case. I doubt anyone needed a set of Spice Girl cutlery, a bagpack, a lunchbox or a cushion but you could find that in shops during their big days. Also all overpriced.

Edited by J-esper

I'm happy to spend money to get good seats to a tour. I love concerts and the experience to me is worth it. But I think merch like this is purely a cash grab and not worth it to me.

I will never understand the complains when someone releases merch or a new perfume or a new vinyl variant. it doesn't have to affect your life. just don't buy it

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.