Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Mr. Mendes

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mr. Mendes

  1. Look What You Made Me Do, Perfect Illusion, and about half of MDNA are hailed absolute classics in my household and version of history
  2. I refuse to choose. I can't choose.
  3. I don't know if Born This Way is the one I'd pick for the LGBTQ crowd. For a song to fit this category it needs to be something all corners of a demographic know and loves, and while younger queer folks feel strongly on BTW, a lot of older ones don't. Even Bad Romance is a better pick. I would actually pick something like I'm Coming Out, Dancing Queen, or Raining Men for this.
  4. I was also coming to say Loose
  5. I cannot verify the 52 weeks part but Abracadabra did indeed peak at #4 in Germany
  6. I miss when shows had actual theme songs not just pieces of music designed to be skipped over on streaming services. Bring it back.
  7. Goes into HQ to make a comment for attention. Cries when the requested attention is provided.
  8. It taking less than an hour for this to become Gaga vs. Katy
  9. This is dumb even by your standards
  10. It's hilarious that you think it's the GP that's doing it and not the very sort of people that hang out on a website like this. I don't know if that's you trying to distance yourself from it or what but it's not them.
  11. We're almost the same height. She's two inches shorter than me.
  12. I wouldn't say anti-semitism isn't systemic period. It just isn't in New York which is the kicker for this. In Europe it certainly is and to some degree always has been. That being said, I don't feel this issue really exists in the city. Not without calling anti-zionists anti-semities which is of course not true. This is a move he's making to put an end to the accusations against him. Like I said in my post above, I don't like that. I think it's a waste of his time and ours. But I also understand that he's been backed into this corner, especially by Dems who refuse to support him despite him being the first person to actually get the left excited and engaged in well over a decade now. I don't like that he's capitulating to that pressure, but I also understand that he can't let those accusations stick forever if he wants to continue pushing forward with a true progressive agenda. It's the first real mark I have against him (not a big enough to ever consider cutting him off as I feel that'd be truly detrimental to the movement he has grown to help represent), and I hope it stops right here.
  13. I don't think this is a good use of his time or energy, but I also understand that at some point, if he's going to continue to be as effective as he has for this city, he has to nip this particular attack in the bud. I don't like it, I don't agree with it, but he hasn't been given much of a choice in the matter. I'm not going to let this be something that makes me turn away from someone truly carrying the progressive flag forward (and hopefully starting a domino effect of others like Mamadani gaining positions across the country), but I do hope that this proves to be the only measure he takes to combat the lies spread about him. I wish that he didn't have to, but I understand that he does if he wants to be able to continue on, especially when many in his own party are unwilling to defend him against such accusations. I have a feeling this is going to lead to some abandoning him (and I understand their reasoning too) but I would like to think progressives have also learned that we can't cut out everyone who does not move perfectly all the time. Especially someone who has been as loudly pro-Palestinian as he has. This has far more to do with the groups applying pressure to him and getting in the way of his goals, including Dems, than Mamdani himself in my eyes.
  14. I feel like upbeat and danceable or at the very least joyous (if not exactly danceable) music has been sort of leading the way this year, no?
  15. Begging you all to finally learn how Grammy voting works. You not liking an outcome does it make it a bought award.
  16. I think she will be nominated for certain, but the path to winning is way more complex and competitive than something like the VMAs. I'd love to see her win it, but this may end up one of those cases where the nomination is the award. She will sweep the dance categories though, and I could also see Best Pop Duo.
  17. Its your algorithm I promise. In the real world she's topping the best of the night lists, constant praise from the press, and actual public discussion outside of stan focused platforms are talking positively about it. The negativity is a small minority.
  18. We expect a tour because one is being teased. I expect her to tour because she loves it and her being nervous during BYL but showing she is still perfectly capable of moving just fine during the table interlude and Danceteria shows me she has found the balance.
  19. I think she was nervous. If her knee was the issue she wouldn't have been so fluid and capable through the table and especially Danceteria. She did a lot of high impact movement that the cameras didn't show, but can be seen in audience clips.
  20. And it was still incorrect information! Hence why it got corrected.
  21. That's not exactly what happened. She pulled it because in the wake of what happened to The Chicks, she realized that Americans simply did not have the capacity to not react emotionally to anything perceived as being anything less than a patriot in that moment and feared that the videos satire and intended message was going to be completely misconstrued and she was unwilling to have those words put in her mouth. At the time she cited it was out of respect and not wanting to come across as mocking soldiers, but biographies of her centering on this time have discussed the above as the actual motivator. The Chicks backlash happened just a month before the video came out. Had that not happened she likely would've ended up releasing it. It was always clear to me she didn't do it to get away from controversy because she was not shy about sharing her perspective in interviews and on tour and indeed faced massive backlash. If that was all she was worried about, she wouldn't have reiterated the video's message and kept her mouth shut. She pulled it because people weren't ready to approach it critically.
  22. The girls just aren't brave and ballsy like this anymore.
  23. Sat. They never miss.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.