Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Slayyyter - "CRANK 2"

Featured Replies

  • Replies 285
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Toxic Love
    Toxic Love

    Twitter user: Are we getting a remix album? Slayyyter: No. OP: remix(ish?) album coming

  • RideOrDie
    RideOrDie

    ALBOOM REVIEW DON'T OPEN IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERZ

  • hoeknows
    hoeknows

    Sept 11 Oct 23

brand new chanels > beat up chanels

crank > crank 2

but all 4 are great songs tbh

The more I've listened, especially in my car, the more it's hit.

It's a whole different feel, it's more subtle and cooler. It's excellent

yall are the reason it's "not working it out" because BNC$ is her first song to chart and is doing amazing, so the gp is loving it?

stop directly comparing it to the original every single time, they're different songs. that's like comparing super freak by rick james to super freaky girl by nicki which i have yet to see anyone dorip they can stand by themselves!

why can nobody be normal about anything now especially criticism

so obsessed jonny2 it sounds so evil and spooky

43 minutes ago, punisher said:

yall are the reason it's "not working it out" because BNC$ is her first song to chart and is doing amazing, so the gp is loving it?

stop directly comparing it to the original every single time, they're different songs. that's like comparing super freak by rick james to super freaky girl by nicki which i have yet to see anyone dorip they can stand by themselves!

why can nobody be normal about anything now especially criticism

right and what did they expect when she said it would be inverted and called it crank 2, this is exactly how i would expect it to sound

they're setting themselves up comparing it to one of her best songs in the first place but the rest will sound different/have different titles anyway so they can stop complaining

hmm. now I'm ngl I barely processed all the snippets of this I'd listened to prior to the release so I guess I didn't fully expect this to just be a remixed type of deal compared to the OG Crank but I'm sorry is it like sacrilegious to say that I'm not super impressed by this? coffee2 it's okay. not really anything more

Hoping it will grow on me but Crank was prob my SOTY last year so I'm kinda meh on this. It doesn't really capture the bleakness and anxiety of the original, it's giving ChatGPT change this up a little. And I know she can get a little lyrically cringey on these harder songs but this one is a kinda egregious rip bnc grew on me a lot tho so I'm trying to keep an open mind

2 hours ago, Burqa said:

brand new chanels > beat up chanels

crank > crank 2

but all 4 are great songs tbh

mte! i'm thinking it's so cool how this sister album is shaping up to have a more "lowkey" sound

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

It's good but original Crank is definitely better and BNC$ is a much better sister song.

If I'm being honest, this song sounds more like a BBF sister song than a Crank one beyond the "crank it" and "crank it to the max" lyrics imo. I think she would have been better off naming it Mad B**** Freestyle or something instead of Crank 2 so people could be a little more gagged at the mashup of the two. As a sequel to Crank, it doesn't hit as hard, and feels a little reductive.

Still an amazing song though. I use!

yeaaa I agree w/ this... it should have been titled rich ***** free$tyle

It's been on repeat all morning at the gym. I love it but can see why it's polarising

It's feral, spooky and would pop off on a sweaty dirty dancefloor at 3am.

Im really in love with brand new channels but not feeling this one but I think it's because this sorta music isnt my thing dancehall

I think the drop in CRANK is better but the production on CRANK 2 from start to finish is more focused and pronounced. I like the darker and ominous vibe from it.

Do we know if BRITTANY MURPHY. will have a brother song? That's my favorite song on WGIA and that verse about "Is my face too rough for open casket?" is so well done

This idea had never even crossed my mind but I hope every track on WGIA gets its counterpart deadbanana hell even the interlude got one

Edited by Burqa

This one is grittier and feels more rock, which is likely indicative of the direction she'll head from here. It's growing on me but feels a bit all over the place at first

53 minutes ago, Burqa said:

This idea had never even crossed my mind but I hope every track on WGIA gets its counterpart deadbanana hell even the interlude got one

She said not every song has an inverse but that was a month or two ago so who knows if she's changed her mind. But that's why I dont believe that alleged track list a few pages back

23 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

She said not every song has an inverse but that was a month or two ago so who knows if she's changed her mind. But that's why I dont believe that alleged track list a few pages back

Where?

2 hours ago, get_well_soon said:

I think the drop in CRANK is better but the production on CRANK 2 from start to finish is more focused and pronounced. I like the darker and ominous vibe from it.

Do we know if BRITTANY MURPHY. will have a brother song? That's my favorite song on WGIA and that verse about "Is my face too rough for open casket?" is so well done

Britney Spears*

i feel like once people are past the initial disappointment of this being Crank's sister they'll probably appreciate it more over time and as part of the album

I can't stop listening though it's the perfect counterpart to Crank for me, it's like the same structure but tweaked enough that it works on it's own and the video is insane jonny5 it feels even grittier and more intense than the original, it's like she's making the exact kind of music I'd want her considering I got into Death Grips, SebastiAn and Maria & The Mirrors earlier this year, now I'm gonna need her own Gemini Enjoy My Life

Edited by K$Ellie

I don't think the song is bad but I think being an inferior version of Crank and coming right after one of the most acclaimed pop songs of the year with no album pre order has made Crank 2 a bit of a momentum killer imo.

YALL I JUST GOT IT I GOT THE ALBÖÖM

i'm about to squirt everywhere omgggggggg

i'm shaking crying throwing up

i think it's coming this year

let me listen and i'll be back y'all

ALLAHHHH CATHERINE MAMA

oh-lawd-lawd.gif

5 hours ago, Burqa said:

This idea had never even crossed my mind but I hope every track on WGIA gets its counterpart deadbanana hell even the interlude got one

i think that st loser and yes goddd are the two that don't have an inverse track

18 hours ago, My20sBlues said:

I don't think this whole "opposite album" thing will work, sorry.

yeah sister albums always end up more panned and less successful, like afterglow

fkatwigs_20251113_p_3765239276909659626_

6 minutes ago, Danny Milk said:

i think that st loser and yes goddd are the two that don't have an inverse track

I'd be mad as hell if all of them but two(!!!!) got one deadbanana get in the booth cathy

I wanted parallelism, symmetry, having the same exact tracklist as WGIA but backwards

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.