Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Slayyyter - "CRANK 2"

Featured Replies

Original Crank is definitely stronger, but I do still love Crank 2. Mother Slayyyter can do no wrong clap3

  • Replies 285
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Toxic Love
    Toxic Love

    Twitter user: Are we getting a remix album? Slayyyter: No. OP: remix(ish?) album coming

  • RideOrDie
    RideOrDie

    ALBOOM REVIEW DON'T OPEN IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERZ

  • hoeknows
    hoeknows

    Sept 11 Oct 23

Ok went and ran an errand just to listen to it in the car. A much better experience than through the phone speakers lol

Still obviously not as good as OG but I don't think it was ever gonna be. I'd compare them to 365 and 365 remix where the OG is a classic in Charlis discography and the remix is…a good song

Edited by Gavin.

people not listening with headphones on their first listen. Youre missing out on some great hearing loss

The brother album concept makes sense to me and reminds me of how TFM relates to TF - the only thing is that people will inevitably compare any songs that have 'inverse' versions, and that might detract from the songs standing on their own.

Crank 2 is cool, it's brash and noisy like a Death Grips production lol, but I do feel like the Crank interpolation actually detracts from it a bit, whereas it made BNC even better imo

Love it! The build-up to the crank it part is a bit off but otherwise I like the productiom better than the original Crank, which is kind of my least fave on WGIA (still amazing though).

Hmmmmm, just one listen in, but I feel like it's borrowing a little too many elements from CRANK 1. Hard to appreciate it on its own when I'm so used to the structure and melodies of CRANK 1 and they are so strong. I really liked that bnc was more of a song on its own with just the nod at the end. Definitely need a few more listens to make up my mind

Not gonna say if I like it or not cause the original took some listens to grow on me so we'll see what happens with this one.

My only complain is that I was expecting this album to have some features since the first part was completely solo and bringing some new people would've helped to give this songs a new flavor, I was hoping Crank 2 would have some kind of female rapper.

44 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

Ok went and ran an errand just to listen to it in the car. A much better experience than through the phone speakers lol

Still obviously not as good as OG but I don't think it was ever gonna be. I'd compare them to 365 and 365 remix where the OG is a classic in Charlis discography and the remix is…a good song

?

The remix is astonishing lol

Even Charli herself thinks that

On that song, I love slayyyter and her album is consuming the **** out of my neurons every single day but this song just aint it

It feels redundant and the original is already a great song. If anything, I feel like she shouldve kept Broke ***** Freestyle as the brother song because it has all the same Crank elements and its entirely different

Adore her and I know I'm in the minority here but I don't love either of the brother album singles.

1 hour ago, Nico Robin said:

people not listening with headphones on their first listen. Youre missing out on some great hearing loss

The fact I had my ear clogged for two weeks until miss Rebecca Black released that godly album and healed me just for Slayyyter to come and make me deaf a few days later... Oh Cathy when I catch you

rogue

itʻs good but doesn't get me going like the OG. Still very very excited for this project.

1 hour ago, raposavelozmarrom said:

?

The remix is astonishing lol

Even Charli herself thinks that

And Charli is wrong

The way the live versions have been elevated by the album versions by a wide margin … I don't think I will survive ITHGAG jonny3 I think it's good for today's focus to be the single and tomorrow the album announcement

It's weird how this one is, I guess louder, but the OG got me more hype

Still like it tho

This is great but I can imagine it being even better as a live experience.

Out of her most recent songs: BIRDS w/ Turnstile > Crank 2 > BNC

It's good but original Crank is definitely better and BNC$ is a much better sister song.

If I'm being honest, this song sounds more like a BBF sister song than a Crank one beyond the "crank it" and "crank it to the max" lyrics imo. I think she would have been better off naming it Mad B**** Freestyle or something instead of Crank 2 so people could be a little more gagged at the mashup of the two. As a sequel to Crank, it doesn't hit as hard, and feels a little reductive.

Still an amazing song though. I use!

this is a cute buzz single. still waiting for I THINK HE'S GOT A GIRL tho! flower

4 hours ago, pavi said:

Hmmmmm, just one listen in, but I feel like it's borrowing a little too many elements from CRANK 1. Hard to appreciate it on its own when I'm so used to the structure and melodies of CRANK 1 and they are so strong. I really liked that bnc was more of a song on its own with just the nod at the end. Definitely need a few more listens to make up my mind

mte

I was hoping for a brand new yet referential mirror song. BUC / BNC are peak art. This one is disappointing in that regard, but the quality is still there in the rest of aspects alexz

Edited by LewisK

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.