Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Why is Instagram such an unusable app?

Featured Replies

So I uploaded an old photo from last year and there was this add music to old photo feature that I haven't tried yet so I did. But I changed my mind and want to remove the music and now the post is stuck with the music unless I delete and re-post it ruining my feed. I know IG has been shite lately but they just keep on getting worse and worse. Why wouldn't they add a warning tag if it was gonna be permanent or just simply add the remove music feature?

  • Replies 29
  • Views 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The7thStranger
    The7thStranger

    Instagram is a UI nightmare with a highly broken algorithm. It's just a time wasting app and data collection machine.

  • Princess Aurora
    Princess Aurora

    I got my personal stalker from Insta because I called Nicki Minaj Pignika in a gay cruise reel where there was a Nicki Minaj flag lmao

  • Author

On top of that, I don't think they have an official, public, functioning dedicated customer support email/contact.

iirc you should be able to remove the music just fine? idk, that app overall has become an AI slop hellscape

7 minutes ago, Before Today said:

unless I delete and re-post it ruining my feed

no one wants to wake up to the news you woke up to this morning gaycat7

3 minutes ago, Spicy Pisces said:

iirc you should be able to remove the music just fine? idk, that app overall has become an AI slop hellscape

you can't, you can only remove the location if there's one added. music is stuck there

Instagram is a UI nightmare with a highly broken algorithm. It's just a time wasting app and data collection machine.

I got my personal stalker from Insta because I called Nicki Minaj Pignika in a gay cruise reel where there was a Nicki Minaj flag lmao

  • Author
6 minutes ago, getBusy said:

no one wants to wake up to the news you woke up to this morning gaycat7

It may sound trivial but it's a valid reason to get pissed about. It's an app about pictures. If you don't share the same sentiment, save the saltiness please lol

  • Author
5 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Instagram is a UI nightmare with a highly broken algorithm. It's just a time wasting app and data collection machine.

I thought the home page being cluttered with ads and suggested posts down our throat was absurd enough, but not putting a warning sign that it can't be edited after is even more absurd and just lazy. Laziness and clunkiness. chick3

for weeks my app was glitching and showing a picture of gagar and bad bunito on my feed profile of a picture of mine

it would be there even if you clicked on the post, with the likes and comments from the actual post

it would go away once refreshed like... what

mark-zuckerberg.gif

Yes insta has issues. What do you expect from that stupid lizard. I wish I could delete but I kinda love AI cats

Haven't posted anything on my IG in years. I just use it to watch photos and videos of puppies and cats kitty

Thought this was going to be about how you basically don't even see your friends' posts through the algorithm clutter. Fortunately, this is solvable, I think?

i absolutely hate instagram because it never shows me my friends' posts and i mostly only follow my irl friends. and i also HATE music on grid posts. Scrolling through and someone is blasting a song at you.

Was flicking through someone's stories yesterday and the timestamp said "2373 weeks" rip

good to know, now i'll never add music to my ig posts skull

meta has way too much money to have such a shitty, poor UI design on both facebook and instagram. goes to show where their priorites lie

I mean the worst thing is sharing insta links doxxes your account and there is no way to turn that off

Have you tried Instagram for Desktop? Their UI is a huge shitshow, so I feel you.

Yeah it's very user UNfriendly

I uploaded some pictures to my Close Friends story because I wasn't ready for the whole world to see them. I added the pics to my highlights and went to change the privacy from Close Friends to everyone and discovered that it's not possible to do this skull

My only option is deleting and then reuploading them

It's because Instagram will only add features or fix problems that will increase the time and engagement you spend on the app.

Removing music from a post isn't going to help either of those, so they don't care even if it is a bad user experience.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.