Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Beyoncé

This is part 2 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

I agree that it's a slippery slope for artists to "speak up" about every issue in the world. People shouldn't look to pop stars for political analysis.

Especially when Black artists are always held to a more rigorous standard, both by their fans and haters.

However a genocide of this magnitude shouldn't be confused with minor political events.

I sure hope when Bey felt generous for her birthday, she donated some $$$ to the humanitarian groups on the ground in Gaza as well.

  • Replies 15.8k
  • Views 579.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Lose My Breath
    Lose My Breath

    My mom passed away last week. I know I mentioned her wanting to hear a Beyonce rock album as she has anticipated it for years, and I'm so sad she didn't get to hear it before she passed (if that's wha

  • Lose My Breath
    Lose My Breath

    I really hope we get it soon. My mom loves Beyonce, and her favorite genre is rock, she is SO excited. She just got diagnosed with terminal cancer, and I really hope she gets to hear the album while

  • @ScorpiosGroove @Fleahive @Teezy always ranting slams Bey a lil too hard french awful takes hates Bey lowkey forgot to take meds downvote central doesn't contribute to discussion could be yv

19 minutes ago, kimberly said:

I agree that it's a slippery slope for artists to "speak up" about every issue in the world. People shouldn't look to pop stars for political analysis.

Especially when Black artists are always held to a more rigorous standard, both by their fans and haters.

However a genocide of this magnitude shouldn't be confused with minor political events.

I sure hope when Bey felt generous for her birthday, she donated some $$$ to the humanitarian groups on the ground in Gaza as well.

Am estimated 700k people have died due to USAID cuts.

52 minutes ago, LegaMyth said:

Am estimated 700k people have died due to USAID cuts.

I don't get your point? are you saying Beyoncé should have spoken out about it?

this is tragic, but unfortunately, once Trump took office, we knew there would be consequences for that election (where Beyoncé very publicly endorsed Trump's opponent).

24 minutes ago, kimberly said:

I don't get your point? are you saying Beyoncé should have spoken out about it?

this is tragic, but unfortunately, once Trump took office, we knew there would be consequences for that election (where Beyoncé very publicly endorsed Trump's opponent).

What am I saying? I am saying is that Beyonce is an easy target when it comes to online "activists." If its not one thing, its another.

37 minutes ago, kimberly said:

I don't get your point? are you saying Beyoncé should have spoken out about it?

They don't have one. They never do. Constantly getting dragged for the worst, most nonsensical political takes in the US politics thread. lmao

6 hours ago, alien superstore said:

i dont think this has always been the case tbf. maybe post-2021

Since OTR. That's when she became Jay-Z 2.0. But she's been showing some of it during ST too. I remember when they did the charity shows for Global Citizen and each woman had something to say about the communities they're about to help and Bey's answer was something along the lines of .... 'I'm really happy we raised so much money' or something like that and nothing about what they're there to support skull

The mood in here is downright depressing.. so here's a B'Day 20 singles chart update:

  • "Morning Dew (Donk)" is now a 2-week R&B #1, 1-week Urban #1, and Top 3 on Rhythmic Radio - #31 on the Billboard Hot 100!

  • "Cuerpo (Tumbao)" w/ Maluma debuts at #3 on the Billboard Hot Tropical Songs Chart / #44 on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs Chart!

  • "Can I Watch You" w/ Pharrell debuts at #13 on the Billboard Hot R&B Songs Chart! Almost a Top 10 there.

  • "Lost Yo Mind" debuts at #21 on the Billboard Hot R&B Songs Chart.

Definitely a Success.

zendaya

https://www.billboard.com/artist/beyonce/chart-history/blp/

I hope Dangerously in Love and I Am… Sasha Fierce get anniversary 25th and 20th anniversary editions in 2028.

So pretty! She was so effortlessly gorgeous during the IA…SF era.

5 hours ago, Lovett said:

They don't have one. They never do. Constantly getting dragged for the worst, most nonsensical political takes in the US politics thread. lmao

My point was clear. Beyonce is being targeted by people who truly do not care about Palestinians. Its a witch hunt. There are so many issues going on in the world, but people seem to forget that. 700k people died because of USAID cuts, but mfs don't care about that.

Also, no one drags me in any thread, if you actually read. I've been proven right so many times, to where I rarely post in there nowadays.

Edited by LegaMyth

1 hour ago, nooniebao said:

So pretty! She was so effortlessly gorgeous during the IA…SF era.

ugh i wished so much she wore at least one of the gloves on tour (she had THREE made in this era)

by lorraine schwartz

Imagen

unknow designer

GQX4CaiWQAA8rSX.jpg

thierry mugler (based on the one from the robot suit she wore on the sweet dreams music video):

tumblr_lg82ammusY1qgv0ixo1_1280.jpg

3 hours ago, nooniebao said:

I hope Dangerously in Love and I Am… Sasha Fierce get anniversary 25th and 20th anniversary editions in 2028.

Definitely think DIL 25 will get one. The thing Iʻm most excited for IASF is the possibility of a new cover skull

7 hours ago, 50thStateofMind said:

Definitely think DIL 25 will get one. The thing Iʻm most excited for IASF is the possibility of a new cover skull

the deluxe cover is great, but I'd like to see something iconic like the B'Day alligator one

11 hours ago, LegaMyth said:

My point was clear. Beyonce is being targeted by people who truly do not care about Palestinians. Its a witch hunt. There are so many issues going on in the world, but people seem to forget that. 700k people died because of USAID cuts, but mfs don't care about that.

Also, no one drags me in any thread, if you actually read. I've been proven right so many times, to where I rarely post in there nowadays.

You don't have a point. The "there are so many issues" argument doesn't really address the wider point. Caring about Palestine doesn't mean you have to stop caring about other humanitarian crises, and asking Beyoncé to speak on one issue doesn't mean you're claiming it's the only issue that matters. And calling it a "witch hunt" just dismisses a perfectly reasonable criticism without actually engaging with it.

And I read that thread daily. Every time you post in there, you get scalped because your views are... incoherent or ridiculous. rip

1 hour ago, Lovett said:

You don't have a point. The "there are so many issues" argument doesn't really address the wider point. Caring about Palestine doesn't mean you have to stop caring about other humanitarian crises, and asking Beyoncé to speak on one issue doesn't mean you're claiming it's the only issue that matters. And calling it a "witch hunt" just dismisses a perfectly reasonable criticism without actually engaging with it.

And I read that thread daily. Every time you post in there, you get scalped because your views are... incoherent or ridiculous. rip

🤣🤣🤣

No one scapls me darling. They get mad, then report my posts, but I end up being right EVERYTIME. Can you prove me wrong?

Edited by LegaMyth

9 minutes ago, LegaMyth said:

🤣🤣🤣

No one scapls me darling. They get mad, then report my posts, but I end up being right EVERYTIME. Can you prove me wrong?

The way you haven't been right a single time. deadbanana2 Including this one! You go in there, post some unintelligible nonsense, get dragged and downvoted to hell and then run away again. toofunny3

"Can you prove me wrong"... Girl. rip I just did.

I don't care to hear Beyonce's stance on Palestine.

I look to Beyonce for art and entertainment. If she decided to say something, cool. But she's not obligated to say anything and as fan I wouldn't expect her to at all. I don't go to my job and decry genocide because my politics might not align with the people who cut my check. I have a livelihood to maintain, and so does she.

If people want to make a difference they need to hone that energy to the power holders and it's not the entertainers. All an entertainer could do is raise awareness and at this juncture who doesn't know about what's happening? Beyonce cannot organize a revolution. Citizens have to decide how willing they are to disrupt systems of power. If anything the Ed Sheeran situation is proof of how little power the artist has on such matters.

the fact that there's a very real possibility we'll hit five years of Rennie with no visuals

suburban

5 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

the deluxe cover is great, but I'd like to see something iconic like the B'Day alligator one

this one is an absolute jump scare skull...like get it off my spotify NOW

71qE3zsFO3L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.