Everything posted by Redporus
-
Madonna - CONFESSIONS II - The Album Survivor - SEMIFINAL (pg. 39)
OFF ONE STEP AWAY
-
Victoria Monét - 'Frequency of Love'
I am sucker for interludes but this album has too many and they are all boring ISWTG! Also, the sequencing was poor, why do you have the better songs crammed toward the end and have multiple short songs in the beginning idk, the ideas were great but maybe she should have saved the sitting-at-the-fireplace R&B songs for a FEW on this album and pair it with some LOVE bops. Love being expressed in the somber, warm and cozy way is nice but we can express love in so many more ways.
-
Victoria Monét - 'Frequency of Love'
While I agree with this, I think where Victoria falls flat is that she doesn't have an out of this world tone like Sade did. Even if both their vocal rnages are limited, Sade's voice is extremely haunting, powerful and textured. Victoria falls short because most of the songs on the album are arranged and produced in a way that a stronger vocalist would fit perfectly on. Pure R&B requires strong vocals, especially when the songs are arranged that way. She is falling short because her voice is very limited vocally and doesnt pack enough punch. She has some strong songs and many great productions, bgvs and harmony layerings on this album but the lyrics are hit and miss and dont really have a strong narrative. The album is also bloated ugh, lemme try and listen some more and sit with it to appreciate it more.
-
Madonna - CONFESSIONS II - The Album Survivor - SEMIFINAL (pg. 39)
OFF SCHOOL
-
Madonna - CONFESSIONS II - The Album Survivor - SEMIFINAL (pg. 39)
Can't believe you bi tches voted out Love Sensation when School was RIGHT THERE!!! SAVE Bizarre OFF School
-
Beyoncé
- Beyoncé
Strong contenders for both sides of the album but a few other cute gals would like to have a word. I Am… Smash Into You Disappear Hello Halo (got overplayed so I don't love it as much as I used to) Sasha Fierce Sweet Dreams Diva (well no other song comes close to these two)- Beyoncé
- Madonna - CONFESSIONS II - The Album Survivor - SEMIFINAL (pg. 39)
Why is School still in the running?- Madonna - CONFESSIONS II - The Album Survivor - SEMIFINAL (pg. 39)
SAVE: Bizarre OFF: School- Beyoncé
- Beyoncé
- Beyoncé
- Beyoncé
- Beyoncé
See how the people come in here LYING on this good Wednesday? Musically, vocally and sonically Rather Die Young is an amazing song!! I do sing it "Cuz I BLANK BANK Young than live my life without youuuuu, I'd rather BLANK BLANK at ALLLL" Cuz those lyrics are giving self depreciating Bird Surpreme honey?!- Beyoncé
- Beyoncé
- Beyoncé
- Beyoncé
- Beyoncé
- Beyoncé
- Beyoncé
- Beyoncé
- Beyoncé
- Beyoncé
- Beyoncé